PDA

View Full Version : O'Riordan in Bejing

thesilverfox
06/08/2008, 7:35 PM
http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ChengduBlades/0,,10418~1340924,00.html

Heard it on the radio earlier, that Ireland had their first success of the Olympics so far when ex Sligo Rovers and Galway United manager Don O'Riordan was part of the backroom team of the Chinese womens teams after their opening 2-1 victory over Sweden.

He was brutal in the Showgrounds but fair play to him all the same.

deecay
06/08/2008, 11:20 PM
What a headcase,his team lost 7-0 to Chelsea last week

Shiba
07/08/2008, 7:14 PM
http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ChengduBlades/0,,10418~1340924,00.html

He was brutal in the Showgrounds but fair play to him all the same.

Think thats a bit unfair! Done well with the resources he had. I think that he brought the club as far as he could. Brutal I think is been harsh.

avvenalaf
07/08/2008, 11:24 PM
Think thats a bit unfair! Done well with the resources he had. I think that he brought the club as far as he could. Brutal I think is been harsh.

No, Shiba, brutal is just about on the money.

gustavo
08/08/2008, 11:20 AM
He was alright but his reliance on youth was annoying meaning we always had a side that was way too inexperienced and physically not up to it

Salmon Coloured
08/08/2008, 11:35 AM
Im a Longford Town fan but I was at that FAI cup replay a few years ago in Tolka Park when ye bet Shelbourne 3-2 after extra time. Your first 2 goals were stunners. Bet ye liked him that night.

Only1Rovers
08/08/2008, 11:39 AM
He was alright but his reliance on youth was annoying meaning we always had a side that was way too inexperienced and physically not up to it

It could be argued he focussed on the development of a youth system. Wasn't it his priority to set up a youth structure that would - in time - be of benefit and for the greater good of the club going forward.

Sean Connor came in and decided to kick the youth team to touch to boost his first team budget.

If there was some semblance of that youth structure today the club would be in much better position, considering the A team and under 19 team must now be reinstated under the FAI's instruction.

avvenalaf
08/08/2008, 1:22 PM
Yes and we would still be in the First Division.

celticV3
08/08/2008, 2:13 PM
He was absolutly rubbish!!! couldn't believe he was offered such a long contract by the board after him not near proving himself and we would definitly still be 1st division if we hadn't brought in that other fella, judas i think was his name?

clubman
09/08/2008, 10:51 PM
Hate the guy or love him you have to admit that he had his moments. He worked off a small budget allbeit in the graveyard division. Things did look promising for a while under his watch. As the Longford guy reminds us we did have some great nights under the Don which we have to be eternally greatful. A lovely guy to those that knew him. Certainly knows his football, I wish him very well.
I heard him speak with Paddy Clancy this morning on Ocean Current. As always he came across real well and he wished everyone at the Showgrounds well. A man that obviousily hasn't forgotten or is bitter about the past even though there are those this side that still have the daggers on the ready. I've no doubt that his youth policy would have eventually worked and as the carlsberg advert would say ............. we'd probably be in a better position today had he been given the backing to continue.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
09/08/2008, 11:04 PM
Squuueeeeeeezzzeeee

avvenalaf
10/08/2008, 8:06 AM
Hate the guy or love him you have to admit that he had his moments. He worked off a small budget allbeit in the graveyard division. Things did look promising for a while under his watch. As the Longford guy reminds us we did have some great nights under the Don which we have to be eternally greatful. A lovely guy to those that knew him. Certainly knows his football, I wish him very well.
I heard him speak with Paddy Clancy this morning on Ocean Current. As always he came across real well and he wished everyone at the Showgrounds well. A man that obviousily hasn't forgotten or is bitter about the past even though there are those this side that still have the daggers on the ready. I've no doubt that his youth policy would have eventually worked and as the carlsberg advert would say ............. we'd probably be in a better position today had he been given the backing to continue.

Clubman, if you give me 30k to stop posting here, i won't have a bad word to say about this forum - ever.

clubman
10/08/2008, 8:22 AM
You're worth more than 30K my friend!

Da Real Rover
10/08/2008, 11:04 PM
Oh god DOR, some of the worst football ive ever seen.