PDA

View Full Version : Fair play to the big flag lads

i luv u georgie
08/09/2003, 5:53 PM
i was at the ireland game this past weekend and the lads with the big flags and all the loi fans added 2 the atmosphere greatly city seemed to have a lot more big flags and fans up there than the other loi fans.
i jst wanted to say fair play to all the lads i don't think they quite get the credit they deserve for the atmosphere they're creating at the city games home and away and at the international games too.

yiddo
09/09/2003, 12:33 PM
Hear hear, Well done to all concerned. It was great to see the flags Saturday and again at Belfield on Sunday. Also great to see so many LOI supporter with jerseys and flags at Landsdowne on Saturday. In the North stand I'd say the LOI jerseys even outnumbered the Celtic jerseys.
Long may it continue. :) :) :)

fella
09/09/2003, 1:00 PM
ya same as above, great to see the flags both on Sat and especially on Sun at Belfield. Fair play to all the lads concerned it really adds to the atmosphere. Will ye be bringing them up for the scum game ? Will they be at the Turkey game tonight?

FourFiveOne
09/09/2003, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by fella
Will they be at the Turkey game tonight?
Unfortunately not. They are in for some running repairs while we have a week off!

Cheers for the messages lads. It's appreciated.

Thanks to all those who have helped with the funding and to those who continue to help wave and take of the flags week in week out.

We'll try and get another fund going soon for more banners, flags, etc. So all suggestions and advise is welcome.

Cheers,
FFO

ian
09/09/2003, 6:08 PM
Ya lads fair play to all involved on sat and on sunday.:D

cfcgirl
09/09/2003, 6:17 PM
flags looked brilliant well done to all involved

ccfcman
10/09/2003, 5:18 PM
atmosphere brought bk to the old ground by loi fans

SÓC
11/09/2003, 7:55 PM
Have the big flags been to every Cork City League and Cup game this season? That would be some achievement if they have, imagne the frequent flier miles

FourFiveOne
11/09/2003, 9:56 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Have the big flags been to every Cork City League and Cup game this season?

Not quite.

They've been at each home game.

But away from home we missed a couple at the start of the season.

The Big Flags have been in every ground except the Brandywell this season (o2 Park, Flancare, Tolka, Dalyer, Richer, RSC, Belfield)

curts82
12/09/2003, 7:49 AM
Thought ye had them down in the RSC. Won't blame ye for not bringing em to some Dublin games

FourFiveOne
12/09/2003, 8:40 AM
The Big Flags have been in every ground except the Brandywell this season! They have been in o2 Park, Flancare, Tolka, Dalyer, Richer, RSC, Belfield.

niamh
12/09/2003, 10:36 AM
Well at least the FourFiveOne Banner made it to the Brandywell!
No doubt they'll get there eventually.

James
12/09/2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by niamh
Well at least the FourFiveOne Banner made it to the Brandywell!

lol the big banner and 5 fans ...:)
almost like a UCD home crowd

niamh
12/09/2003, 10:56 AM
I'd hardly call three orange letters on a blue sheet a big banner!