PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk Game

Lamper.sffc
06/08/2008, 1:43 PM
Just wondering what people thought will be the outcome of our game against Dundalk?

Im looking forward to it because this could decide our season.

What do you think a WIN, DEFEAT, or DRAW will do for our prospects of promotion?

Louth4sam
06/08/2008, 1:50 PM
Tough one to call. I would be happy with a draw to be honest but if we up our game i think we could win this one but if we play like we are lately then we could lose.

Lamper.sffc
06/08/2008, 6:05 PM
Is your club not performing that well, thought they had turned the corner from a few weeks ago.

Conroy
06/08/2008, 6:11 PM
Results wise yes, Performance wise see havent seen our best yet.

But who's complaining Top Of The League

Lamper.sffc
06/08/2008, 11:40 PM

Well they say its supposed to be a sign of champions, winning and not playing well.

Hope this isnt the case.

I wouldnt be too disappointed with a draw but if we lose that could be curtains.

Roll on friday, cant wait biggest game of the season so far.

Sporting Man
07/08/2008, 9:05 AM

Have you any idea of how many supports expected to make the trip on Friday. Away Fans will enter at gate 2 only as per last time.

holidaysong
07/08/2008, 12:17 PM
Have you any idea of how many supports expected to make the trip on Friday. Away Fans will enter at gate 2 only as per last time.

Will it take half an hour to get in like it did the last time too?

Conroy
07/08/2008, 1:17 PM
Would be expexting at least 400, Plaese sort out that "turnstile"

Sporting Man
07/08/2008, 2:02 PM
Good Point, we have come a long way and learned alot from the last 4 months we will have extra ticket sellers on the gate. it is our policy to vet and search anyone we see fit. the local Garda make a rule of this and if anyone looks to have to much drink they will refuse entry, sometimes this takes time,could you tell me how many buses are coming and what time do you think they will be arriving.if the club can get the bus driver to pull up to gate 2 and let everyone off there it will help. we will open gates early if people arrive early and maybe form a second line for students and kids.
Sorry again about the last time i asure you better this time.

eamoss
07/08/2008, 4:13 PM
second line for students

Sweet :D

Conroy
08/08/2008, 1:17 PM
Cant put a number on buses, I know of 3 buses going but alot of people will be driving.

Lamper.sffc
09/08/2008, 2:22 PM
Great away support lads.
Cheers for one of the better nights atmosphere wise we had at morton for a while.
Not the best of games but i think both sides will take that result. Obviously the win was needed more by us than you. As long as we are still in the hunt by the end of this difficult month fixture wise, ill be happy.

Robbie doyle was a disgrace for us last night. He should have been taken off after 20 mins in my opinion. Constantly blaming everything and everyone else for his sh*t performance. One shot went high and wide and he looks at his boots:confused:. Then if the ball doesnt go directly to him he wont try and make the best of it. He just stand in a huff. Crowd where getting very frustrated with him. Its a lesson to other footballers in how to be your club's and league's highest goal scorer and still be unpopular with the home support. To top it all off Hynes gets taken off and Robbie is left on.

Anyway cheers again to dundalk for the away support.

Black and White
09/08/2008, 5:47 PM
Ref and his band of merry men wer a disgrace last night...hilda must be used to popoin her flag up in the air...cause in the first half thats all she could do...clear goal disallowed!!doyle was a joke...puffy ****!!

philball08
09/08/2008, 7:14 PM
Hilda wasnt there last night!

Lamper.sffc
09/08/2008, 7:23 PM
Do we know how many sporting fingal fans where there for the game. Looked to be about the 500 mark.

Sporting Man
11/08/2008, 8:07 AM
Offical count on Friday was 1,262. (430 away) and (832 Home) Thank you to all supports who were a credit to both clubs , with only one problem witch was delt with (for the record he was a visitor on holidays from across the water and not part of the Dundalk supporters.

Conroy
11/08/2008, 9:47 AM
Them figures are clearly wrong, There was no way in Hell the home support was double(almost) of the away. The post previous said a max 500.

IMO about 550 home fans max but i havent been to morton before to judge the crowd.

Black and White
11/08/2008, 1:26 PM
We had far more than the number given there!!least 600 dundalk supporters at the game...paper on saturday said 1505 attendance for the game!!we accounted for at least 600 out of that and thats worst case scenario!!lol ...ye had no support and where clearly outnumbered my friend!!;)

Sporting Man
11/08/2008, 2:45 PM
We had far more than the number given there!!least 600 dundalk supporters at the game...paper on saturday said 1505 attendance for the game!!we accounted for at least 600 out of that and thats worst case scenario!!lol ...ye had no support and where clearly outnumbered my friend!!;)
You may be right as we got a count from stubs at each gate the count i gave was from gate 2 and we did have a fear few vip and guests from Dundalk that came in gate three so you could be right. what i do know as fact is the total was 1262.

holidaysong
11/08/2008, 3:37 PM
You may be right as we got a count from stubs at each gate the count i gave was from gate 2 and we did have a fear few vip and guests from Dundalk that came in gate three so you could be right. what i do know as fact is the total was 1262.

As you promised, the stewards on gate 2 were a lot quicker at getting people in and also they seemed more polite this time around so thanks for that.

Sporting Man
11/08/2008, 4:03 PM
As you promised, the stewards on gate 2 were a lot quicker at getting people in and also they seemed more polite this time around so thanks for that.
Were you on the first bus to arrive, they were a nice bunch of people i was the one to bring your older people to the seats in the other stand.i heard the sun was a pain for most of the first half but it two was better than the rain from your first trip.

holidaysong
11/08/2008, 4:08 PM
Were you on the first bus to arrive, they were a nice bunch of people i was the one to bring your older people to the seats in the other stand.

I live in Dublin so I got my own way out on Dublin Bus. That first bus that arrived would be the Oriel Travel Club. It's popular among the older fans but is there for fans of all ages - it really is a brilliant service that travels to every single away game!

Louth4sam
12/08/2008, 11:01 AM
.i heard the sun was a pain for most of the first half

Yeah it was a pain but not much could be done about that. Thought it was a very tame match with both teams cancelling each other out. Was happy with that result as Fingal still have to come to Oriel and the bigger pitch will most definitely suit us. A draw was probably the fairest result over the 90mins