PDA

View Full Version : Tell All The Bohs You Know...

Peadar
08/09/2003, 2:19 PM
Glen Crowe has been called into the Republic of Ireland squad for tomorrow night’s friendly against Turkey.
He's been brought in as cover after Rotherham’s Alan Lee was ruled out with a knee injury.

We all know that John O'Flynn is the man Kerr wanted but his injury at the UCD game yesterday ruled him out.
How unfortunate is that!

pete
08/09/2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
We all know that John O'Flynn is the man Kerr wanted but his injury at the UCD game yesterday ruled him out.
How unfortunate is that!

O'Flynn was also due another hat-trick against the students only for that injury. ;)

Yeah & would think Crowe has got chance of a run out from the bench too.

SÓC
08/09/2003, 2:42 PM
TBH even if Flynny was fit I dont think Kerr would have called him ahead of the Jackdaw. We all know Flynny is the better player but I dont think Kerr will be giving out any new caps before the Swiss game.

Seanie
08/09/2003, 4:26 PM
I'm actually surprised that Graham Barrett wasn't called in ahead of him - and I certainly believe that O'Flynn should be in before Crowe. Still it's nice to see that Kerr hasn't forgotten and it should be another cap for Crowe

niamh
08/09/2003, 6:56 PM
Crowe has been playing crap for weeks. He plays one good game and he gets another call up??
I think it has more to do with the fact he's already here in Ireland meself and it is only a friendly.

ger121
08/09/2003, 8:22 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Crowe has been playing crap for weeks. He plays one good game and he gets another call up??
I think it has more to do with the fact he's already here in Ireland meself and it is only a friendly.

Has Crowe really been called into the squad?? I just have to say that Crowe has been playing well for a few weeks now, he's scored 4 goals in the last 4 games and his overall game has greatly improved. People say he is having a bad season yet he has scored 12 goals so far, even though he was injured for part of the season.
By the way I think it's only a matter of time before O'Flynn is called up to the national squad, saw him against Drogheda and he was outstanding. You'll be doing well to hold on to him for next season.

ccfcman
11/09/2003, 8:14 AM
crowe's general play hasnt benn gr8 since his injury

Éanna
11/09/2003, 5:46 PM
Flynn is a better player, but look at it from a managers point of view. He has one full season behind him at eL level, thats it. He needs to have a bit more experience before he plays top level international footy. This time next year hopefully.