PDA

View Full Version : Olympics

bennocelt
05/08/2008, 8:48 PM
The bloody thing actually starts tomorrow!!!! man o man, so lets get cracking then:)

Womans football:)
i backed Germany at 3.35 on betfair. They are a strong team and really put it upto Brazil in the last world cup. Cant really see them not getting to the final

as for tomorrows games...........some funny prices

Germany at 2.4 versus Brazil. maybe but as a first game, maybe not
China 3.05 at home (of course) against Sweden. Again could happen

Norway a decent price at 5.9 versus the USA (who haven't played well recently)

and Nigeria at 15 to beat North Korea
Argentina to beat Canada also 15.
Now i know they might not happen but thats not a bad price, and sure if only a few of the above work out i reckon you would still be laughing:)

Dodge
05/08/2008, 9:10 PM
The bloody thing actually starts tomorrow!!!! man o man, so lets get cracking then:)

Friday. Won't be making any predictions until then

DmanDmythDledge
05/08/2008, 10:52 PM
Badminton men's singles
Lin Dan- 6/4 with Ladbrokes and Sky Bet.

Unbeatable when he is on top form. Has won the last two world championships.

pete
05/08/2008, 11:25 PM
To get a medal for Ireland

13/2 Robert Heffernan in 20km walk
10/1 Eileen O'Keeffe hammer
80/1 Olive Loughnane 20km walk

bennocelt
06/08/2008, 8:59 AM
Friday. Won't be making any predictions until then

Sorry dodge, the womens footy is starting today, in fact in about 2 minutes!!!!

Dodge
06/08/2008, 9:50 AM
Oh yeah...

Anyway with a non irish bookie you can get Ken Egan to medal at about 12/1. Seeing as he's in the top 5/6 in the world, that represents decent value

bennocelt
06/08/2008, 4:17 PM
China 3.05 at home (of course) against Sweden. Again could happen

Norway a decent price at 5.9 versus the USA (who haven't played well recently)

wow good start, up a whopping 10 euro!!!!:D

Bets for tomorrow
i backed Argentina to win it outright, 3.1 betfair

Riquelime to be top scorer (free kicks, etc), 5.0

have a bet on all tomorrows games
over 2.5 goals in argentinas, brazil (actually 3.5 goals at 2.8)and italys games

Serbia to win
usa to win
holland to win
cameroon to win, the best price of them all at 2.28

To be honest there isnt any good value with tomorrows olympics
Now i must brush up on my archery for friday/saturday:)

zenokelly
07/08/2008, 6:39 PM
I backed Germany to win the Team Eventing @ 9/2 with Paddypower(each way). Don't ask why:eek: but it should be interesting enough cos I think they won it in Athens and in the 06' World Champs so seems a decent price.:cool:

bennocelt
07/08/2008, 7:39 PM
Didn't win/lose today:)

Swatting up on some of the sports today

here is a few bets i did today

Russia at 5.3 for the womens volleyball. Now i know they arent favorites, but they will be there or there abouts, and they always give it a good effort, that and the fact that their coach usually rants at them if they dont

Rogers / Dalhausser to win the mens beach volleyball:) at 4.2
heh man they are in the top 5, so why not and they are American so i would imagine they are very muscular! (jeez i would gamble on any old rubbish!!)

Germany at 21.0 to win the womens handball. now, they are Germans and this is basically a German kind of sport, and at that price its worth a bob or two
France are 4.3 for a podium finish as well. again there are only about 6 teams that can play this sport, and handball is big stuff in France and Germany, and its women's sport so anything can happen

Chen Jin at 2.8 for a podium finish in the mens badminton. he is a good price and he is Chinese

Belarus at 5.5 for a podium finish in the womens basketball. they have good form (100- in PP for a top two)
Russia are 13/1 in PP as well

anyway thats only todays bets:eek:

sorry - all prices are betfair

bennocelt
07/08/2008, 7:43 PM
Badminton men's singles
Lin Dan- 6/4 with Ladbrokes and Sky Bet.

Unbeatable when he is on top form. Has won the last two world championships.

did him too, should win it:)

bennocelt
08/08/2008, 9:07 PM
Jeez, just after looking at all the sports in this Olympics and see that its near impossible to back something in every sport
maybe should just stick to the football:)

Egan got a good draw, his price is way down now at 6/4 for a medal. I think he def should get at least a bronze
he is also 8/1 at PP for gold:)
but smart money on Beterbiev at 2.7

Sutherland's draw looks tough
the rowers (mens four) got an awful draw and will do well to come out of it

some more bets for fri/sat/sun

Chen Jon in mens badminton 2.8 for a podium finish

Wei/jiewen, the chinese stars at 2.12 in womens doubles at badminton

Lithuania for a podium finish in the basketball is 3.65

Dodge
08/08/2008, 11:38 PM
I've backed Darren Sutherland to medal at 9/1 with Paddy (http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPORTS&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=83&ev_type_id=10048&ev_oc_grp_ids=2172&bir_index=)

He should be the Algerian, which will then mean he's one fight away from a medal. Granted that fight should against Blanco, the world silver medallist (who beat Sutherland in the last 16) but Sutherland would be no more than 2/1 in that fight.

Outstanding value IMO

bennocelt
09/08/2008, 6:16 PM
O Wood in the womens cycling tomorrow at 20/1 with PP looks like a good e.w. bet

in the boxing M Boonjumnoog of Thailand in the light welterweight at 5/2 should regain his crown
(but Kovalev at 33/1, each way?)

no money left in Betfair - all tied up, so now on PP prices:)

bennocelt
11/08/2008, 1:03 PM
Jeez down 30 squid on these bloody games, dont know how as i haven't gambled that much:(

Tarantino at 7/1 in the Sabre fencing. has a great draw, surely must get to final

pete
11/08/2008, 2:05 PM
Tarantino at 7/1 in the Sabre fencing. has a great draw, surely must get to final

He should stick to Kill Bill.

zenokelly
12/08/2008, 2:45 PM
I backed Germany to win the Team Eventing @ 9/2 with Paddypower(each way). Don't ask why:eek: but it should be interesting enough cos I think they won it in Athens and in the 06' World Champs so seems a decent price.:cool:

Great to see this coming in, pot luck though:D

bennocelt
13/08/2008, 6:29 PM
Jeez down 30 squid on these bloody games, dont know how as i haven't gambled that much:(

God damn those Chinamen:)

Down about 46 squid now
but no problem as have a good few anti posts to come in.
Have pretty much one finalist in nearly every one of Saturdays rowing - the best of which is GB (m) in the fours (i got them at 5/2), Czech (w) in the womens single sculls (5/1), Norway in the (m) single sculls (4.1), all the rest are short favs, and a long shot of New Zealand at 15. in the womens pairs
And my badminton/tennis/beach volleyball/archery look like they are all going to plan

But even with all these i can only see me coming up even. Its hard to make money in this things, but hell its great craic when you have a bet on it:)

Best of todays bets that i did........

Shooting - Skeet - D Igaly at a whopping 25/1. I don't know but this guy has won the big comps before, surely worth an each way bet

- 50 m rifle (w) Galkina at 6/1, ex champ too

zenokelly
14/08/2008, 9:38 PM
I'm doing a couple of each way bets with PP on the women's 10,000m tomorrow (without Dibaba) on the 2 Chinese athletes; Yingyang Zhang (16s) and Xue Bai (40s) for reasons beyond their past results;). It'll be interesting to see if we see any extraordinary results from any of the Chinese athletes on the track after the astonishing 1-2 in the women's 200m butterfly today, that the RTE swimming analyst blamed solely on cheating.

We'll see how it goes:D

bennocelt
15/08/2008, 4:43 AM
I'm doing a couple of each way bets with PP on the women's 10,000m tomorrow (without Dibaba) on the 2 Chinese athletes; Yingyang Zhang (16s) and Xue Bai (40s) for reasons beyond their past results;). It'll be interesting to see if we see any extraordinary results from any of the Chinese athletes on the track after the astonishing 1-2 in the women's 200m butterfly today, that the RTE swimming analyst blamed solely on cheating.

We'll see how it goes:D

Missed it, how did they cheat (in swimming?)

zenokelly
15/08/2008, 10:32 AM
Missed it, how did they cheat (in swimming?)

No, he thought they were drugged up to there eyes, I just said it in a diplomatic kind of way.:D

bennocelt
15/08/2008, 11:45 AM
Went for T Gay (7/4) in the 100m
And Andrianova (10/1) e.w in the 800M

Only down 26 squid now, thanks to Rubin, and the Chinese girl in the archery:)

Think the smart thing is to back the Chinese in everything:)

zenokelly
15/08/2008, 1:25 PM
Went for T Gay (7/4) in the 100m

Ouch he's 10-1 now with PP!

bennocelt
15/08/2008, 2:48 PM
Ouch he's 10-1 now with PP!

Yeah i know, :( anyway small stake

I backed Taylor at 12/1 for the 400m hurdles, jeez he looked bloody brilliant

Thta Russian one is 5/2 (or anybody else) to get a world record, not a bad bet, in the pole vault

bennocelt
16/08/2008, 8:00 PM
Have pretty much one finalist in nearly every one of Saturdays rowing - the best of which is GB (m) in the fours (i got them at 5/2), Czech (w) in the womens single sculls (5/1), Norway in the (m) single sculls (4.1),

See I can really get a winner if i try, phew!!!:)

bennocelt
16/08/2008, 8:38 PM
100M Hurdles,(w) B.f Hylton at 3/1

a cracking each way bet is L Thornbload from Sweden at 25/1, really excited about this one. :)

if you are feeling nostalgic you could put a euro on the legend Haile Gebreseaile in the 10,000 at 16/1, But Bekele should win it.

400m a world record in the mens? 10/1 a decent price

again another long shot swede. L Norden at 66/1 in the triathlon!!!!

Dodge
16/08/2008, 8:47 PM
I've backed Darren Sutherland to medal at 9/1 with Paddy (http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPORTS&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=83&ev_type_id=10048&ev_oc_grp_ids=2172&bir_index=)

He should be the Algerian, which will then mean he's one fight away from a medal. Granted that fight should against Blanco, the world silver medallist (who beat Sutherland in the last 16) but Sutherland would be no more than 2/1 in that fight.

Outstanding value IMO

Considering Sutherland is now 8/1 to win the whole thing, it shows what great value it is. The QF hasn't been priced up yet. Blamco obviously favourite. May look to lay some of it off

bennocelt
16/08/2008, 11:00 PM
Considering Sutherland is now 8/1 to win the whole thing, it shows what great value it is. The QF hasn't been priced up yet. Blamco obviously favourite. May look to lay some of it off

Yeah that was a cracking bet, and the Egan one you did too
Whatever Sutherland does now is a bonus, as he gave me a 8 minutes of pure pleasure watching him today, brilliant
Barnes had a good fight too

zenokelly
18/08/2008, 5:42 PM
Yeah i know, :( anyway small stake

I backed Taylor at 12/1 for the 400m hurdles, jeez he looked bloody brilliant

Thta Russian one is 5/2 (or anybody else) to get a world record, not a bad bet, in the pole vault

Nice!

bennocelt
20/08/2008, 7:42 AM
Nice!

yeah but im still only up about 20 quid over the whole Olympics, i had a good few outsiders but a lot of favorites let me down
But still its been fun and if you don't have a bet on anything it lessons the enjoyment for me (yes i have an addiction:))

anyway...Chepkirwok at 28/1 in the 800m race, good each way
Kipchage at 11/2 in the 5000 m again decent each way bet
also the brother T Bekele is 10/1
can Roman Sebrele in the mens decathlon go for one more effort in his last Olympics at 9/1?

also i have a small problem with PP. i backed a Chinese wrestler called Xu wang to win in the freestyle 63-72kg at 9/1. the problem is that a girl call jiao wang won, and i haven't got paid out for it. Im a bit peed off since there was only one Chinese competitor in it, and i put my money on a "wang",. I figured a Chinese girl would win. I think PP should pay me, dont you think?

Dodge
20/08/2008, 9:16 AM
i put my money on a "wang"

IN general, you shouldn't be putting money on a wang

bennocelt
20/08/2008, 10:14 AM
IN general, you shouldn't be putting money on a wang

:)
actually PP emailed me back, they were two completely different people, and the first wang pulled out and was replaced by another wang!!!! As if i bloody knew that!!!

anyway i also think its very unfair that PP are refunding people who backed that Chinese hurdler Lu Xiang, as it was well known to the smart punter that he was carrying an injury. I got on the Cuban but i dont like to see weak punters getting a refund. :mad:

Schumi
20/08/2008, 10:37 AM
the first wang pulled out and was replaced by another wang!!!! Are you sure this was the olympics you were watching? You didn't skip forward a few channels by any chance? :D

deecay
20/08/2008, 4:50 PM
Bolt was 2/1 in Paddys to get the 200m WR,my brother backed him

bennocelt
21/08/2008, 2:50 PM
something well dodgy in PP,
Alfred yego is now hot favorite in the 800 metres, and rightly so, but i was looking to back him to win it before it all started (him been a junior world champ and all that), and no sign of his name at all, not even in the top 10 betting (assuming im not blind or anything but you never know about that what with all the wanging i have been doing)
- what the hell is that all about:mad:

notice that Jamaica are 9/2 for the 4x400 relay, not bad considering the messing today