PDA

View Full Version : Red rings of death

Monkfish
05/08/2008, 3:46 PM
Anyone on here experienced this annoying and what seems to be common problem with their xbox 360? My warrenty is up by 6 months and instead of throwing it into the river I was told to post it to microsoft with a strongly worded letter. Reckon I should chance it?

Ta.

tetsujin1979
05/08/2008, 4:08 PM
yeah, definitely.
there's an unofficial policy at microsoft right now that if anything comes in with the red rings, to just fix it and send it back, and take the hit.

Might have posted this before, but it's still worth the read:
you haven't seen it already it's an interesting read: http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_inside_source_reveal_the_truth_about_xbox_360 _red_ring_of_death_failures.php

Monkfish
05/08/2008, 6:51 PM
yeah, definitely.
there's an unofficial policy at microsoft right now that if anything comes in with the red rings, to just fix it and send it back, and take the hit.

Might have posted this before, but it's still worth the read:
you haven't seen it already it's an interesting read: http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_inside_source_reveal_the_truth_about_xbox_360 _red_ring_of_death_failures.php

Sound thanks! guess if I got it fixed id be buying more xbox games instead of defecting to a shiney new PS3.

gilberto_eire
05/08/2008, 9:05 PM
Sound thanks! guess if I got it fixed id be buying more xbox games instead of defecting to a shiney new PS3.

From all i've read online it seems that Microsoft extended the warranty for RRoD(only) to 2 or 3 years. If you have a receipt you should be grand!

Monkfish
05/08/2008, 10:31 PM
From all i've read online it seems that Microsoft extended the warranty for RRoD(only) to 2 or 3 years. If you have a receipt you should be grand!

I do indeed, I shall be wrapping it up and sending it to Dublin before the weekend. Il let you know how I get on.

Come to think of it il chance bringing it back to Smyths if the warranty was extended.

anto1208
07/08/2008, 10:52 PM
They have to give up to 3 years on electronic goods like that in Ireland some consumer law. you might have to push them if its under 2 years they will fix it no problem. Ring them because they will collect it off you as well

Monkfish
17/08/2008, 9:52 AM
Went to Smyths, and they changed it no problem, got home and the controller wont work (i did drop it a few times) so I should be up and running when I find my spare one.

Ta!

Trainee
18/08/2008, 3:12 PM
Anyone on here experienced this annoying and what seems to be common problem with their xbox 360? My warrenty is up by 6 months and instead of throwing it into the river I was told to post it to microsoft with a strongly worded letter. Reckon I should chance it?

Ta.
same thing happend to me was just under 2 years old, rang microsoft, told them it was less than a year old, they told me just to place a copy of recipt in with console, and they would fix it free of charge, never put in recipt, they fixed it free of charge anyway.

johemian
19/08/2008, 8:33 AM
The same thing happened mine over a year ago and I just went up to smyths and they gave me a new one, no hassle, they didn't even look at the receipt:D

Monkfish
19/08/2008, 6:54 PM
The same thing happened mine over a year ago and I just went up to smyths and they gave me a new one, no hassle, they didn't even look at the receipt:D

Hey theres a rake of xbox's on ebay dirt cheap with the same problem, i smell a scam coming on! ;)