PDA

View Full Version : Case for George the midfielder

pete
08/09/2003, 11:13 AM
I've resisted it lomng enough but i think the case for moving George back into central (not the wing) midfield is getting stronger.

Greg seems to be rushed back too soon from injury has he a bit off his game lately so play the original Colin alongside George. Caseys days are numbered i think but he might survive for now - he might do better with less expectations about getting forward when George in midfield.

Doyle might be the answer alongside O'Flynn but hard to judge from UCD game.

Possible team for Bores:

Devine
Hoggie, Dan, K Murray, Billy
Greg, Colin T, George, Casey
------- O'Flynn, Doyle ---------

Bench: Kearney, Bennet, Behan, Colin P, Mulconroy

John83
08/09/2003, 11:23 AM
I have to say, Doyle was excellent for you lot yesterday, and O’Callaghan was tricky too.

Schumi
08/09/2003, 3:28 PM
I didn't think O'Callaghan did much yesterday to be honest. It's obviously harder without O'Flynn and with no one forward but I was expecting a lot of inventiveness from O'Callaghan and he didn't go anywhere.

niamh
08/09/2003, 7:01 PM
George was busy winning everything he was near. He played v well yesterday, covering back and trying to get forward as much as possible. But he can't do everything, much like Damien Duff on Saturday.

Cityace
10/09/2003, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by niamh
George was busy winning everything he was near. He played v well yesterday, covering back and trying to get forward as much as possible. But he can't do everything, much like Damien Duff on Saturday.

Here, here.