PDA

View Full Version : Has Keely left Shels?

Magicme
05/08/2008, 11:15 AM
Just hearing rumours that Keely walked out on Shels last night but from what I heard a few weeks ago he is very happy there. Anyone hear anything??

GuisaSaigon
05/08/2008, 11:35 AM
I doubt Keely has ever been very happy!
I hope he has gone. Moaning fool, his constant negativity doesn't do anyone any favours.

DmanDmythDledge
05/08/2008, 11:38 AM
I heard he handed in his resignation after Friday's game which was refused by the Shels board.

Tir Oilean
05/08/2008, 11:40 AM
Ya I heard Tony Cousins gave give a job doing a couple of shifts a week in his taxi

A face
05/08/2008, 11:42 AM
c58ryVtNraU

Magicme
05/08/2008, 11:44 AM
I heard he handed in his resignation after Friday's game which was refused by the Shels board.

That could be it alright. Was surprised to hear rumours and nothing official on website or news.

Higgo
05/08/2008, 11:58 AM
That could be it alright. Was surprised to hear rumours and nothing official on website or news.

Ah here Magicme, there's a big difference between your opening post and this post. In your opening post you implied there had been a development since Friday night. :rolleyes:

And to anybody saying, "I hope he goes, he's a moan blah blah"...the man has done a fantastic job for us since our relagation for little reward and deserves better than some of the jokers he has to deal with down at Shels. Yes he's a moan and also has made some bad decisions (imo) this season but I cannot understand how a supporter of another club would get any satisfaction from him walking away from Shels.

Magicme
05/08/2008, 12:03 PM
Ah here Magicme, there's a big difference between your opening post and this post. In your opening post you implied there had been a development since Friday night. :rolleyes:

In fairness Higgo, I had been told he left last night and thats why I posed the question. I was then told by dman that he had tried to resign on Fri and agreed that this may be the case. I was not implying anything, I was requesting information. Big difference.
I am not stirring anything or trying to cause a problem, I was just wanting to know if there was any substance in the rumours I heard.

Tir Oilean
05/08/2008, 12:05 PM
Ah thats how it is Higgo! We all slag each other off every now and again. Theres no doubting the mans caliber but honestly I've never liked him.

A face
05/08/2008, 12:05 PM

And to anybody saying, "I hope he goes, he's a moan blah blah"...the man has done a fantastic job for us since our relagation for little reward and deserves better than some of the jokers he has to deal with down at Shels. Yes he's a moan and also has made some bad decisions (imo) this season but I cannot understand how a supporter of another club would get any satisfaction from him walking away from Shels.

C'mon Higgo, spit it out .... is he gone or not ??

Higgo
05/08/2008, 12:35 PM
In fairness Higgo, I had been told he left last night and thats why I posed the question. I was then told by dman that he had tried to resign on Fri and agreed that this may be the case. I was not implying anything, I was requesting information. Big difference.
I am not stirring anything or trying to cause a problem, I was just wanting to know if there was any substance in the rumours I heard.

Fair enough Magicme. I have no reason to think he is gone and I hope he doesn't but he probably has a pain in his **** trying to get the club promoted on such a small budget. We were going well there for a while, things just turned sour and he's probably now wondering if he can get any more out of the players. I hope he stays but I'd say if a few more results go against us he'll walk away.

Spoons
05/08/2008, 1:00 PM
Gill to be new Shels boss at end of the season with Keely moving to "Director of Football"........:eek:

GuisaSaigon
05/08/2008, 1:07 PM
I cannot understand how a supporter of another club would get any satisfaction from him walking away from Shels.
Nothing against Shels but Keely does my head in with his constant moaning and I'd prefer if he had nothing to do with the league.

SMorgan
05/08/2008, 1:41 PM
Of course you would and anybody that highlights what Galway have done and got away with should go the same way.

This is very much a rumour.

However, it has to said he does appear to have a long record of walking out on clubs.

jinxy lilywhite
05/08/2008, 1:54 PM
It would be a pity if Keely walked away.
Great man and a great character

higgins
05/08/2008, 2:09 PM
However, it has to said he does appear to have a long record of walking out on clubs.

:eek:

Yeah like the times he stepped in to save Dublin City and Shels when nobody else would touch them ???

Give the guy some credit!

Shelsred
05/08/2008, 10:51 PM
keely had a hissy fit but its all patched up now

Gareth
05/08/2008, 10:55 PM
The simple and clear answer to this is No he hasn't.

A face
06/08/2008, 11:46 AM
The simple and clear answer to this is No he hasn't.

So what your saying is that he nearly did yeah? :eek: