PDA

View Full Version : A Disaster

thecorner
07/09/2003, 11:14 PM
heard flynny's cruciate is gone. 6-9 months out. hope this isnt true or else our season is over. who else can score the goals:confused:

James
08/09/2003, 7:39 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
heard flynny's cruciate is gone. 6-9 months out. hope this isnt true or else our season is over.

thats not exactly what i heard
apparently thats what was first feared initially
flynny was taken to hospital, scans were done
now its believed hes only out for 10days/2weeks and needs to rest ..
and yes he was back in belfield for the end of the match

Schumi
08/09/2003, 2:46 PM
What actually happened him? I didn't see him getting injured.

pete
08/09/2003, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
What actually happened him? I didn't see him getting injured.

Was running onto a through ball on right side of UCD penalty area & seemed to fall awkardly or something as he stretching for the ball or lining up a shot.

He was able to hobble off the pitch with some help & must have been given treatment & waiting for stretcher for 10 mins.

Éanna
08/09/2003, 5:35 PM
the initial fear was that it was his cruciate. he has damaged ligaments in his knee, but he'll only be out for a fortnight.

Counting Crow
08/09/2003, 7:53 PM
Flynny said in the Echo tonight that he is OK and will be back for the Bohs game...........there is a God!

Éanna
08/09/2003, 8:16 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
Flynny said in the Echo tonight that he is OK and will be back for the Bohs game...........there is a God!
Wouldn't believe anything if spillane wrote it. I'll take my chances with the rumour mill.

Hitman
08/09/2003, 8:26 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
Flynny..........there is a God!

Couldn't agree more.

thecorner
09/09/2003, 6:07 PM
looks like flynny isnt out of danger yet
according to the sun he is out 4 the season with a tear in his cruciate which showed up on a mri scan in cork

and according to red fm, they wont know the full extent of the injury until next week

ian
09/09/2003, 6:11 PM
Lads lets just face it John could be out for a few weeks or then agian he might not. So we just have to get on with it for know.

So hopefully he will be ok to play agian this season.

A face
12/09/2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Wouldn't believe anything if spillane wrote it. I'll take my chances with the rumour mill.

Couldn't agree more.