PDA

View Full Version : Trouble on the North terrace?

TheRealRovers
07/09/2003, 4:37 PM
Any one else hear this or see any thing.
Gypsies Web Forum (http://gypsiesweb.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1062876205)
If its true I think the FAI should consider not giving Shams tickets for Ireland games any more. There is also a bit about it on Pats forum.

bohs til i die
07/09/2003, 9:22 PM
I am afraid to say it is very true, and it has endangered the whole EL fans initiative

Neil

John83
08/09/2003, 11:17 AM
Aw, feic. I didn't see any of that (couldn't see the Bohs section anyway), but it brings up a suggestion again that was made after the Rovers - Bohs game. Ban Rovers fans from getting an allocation in the north terrace. I'm sure there were plenty of "peace-loving" Rovers fans there on Saturday, but until the club deals with that element of their fans, they should be ostracised.

James
08/09/2003, 12:19 PM
heard there was a bottle of bud thrown from north terrace (alledgedly from the rovers allocation of fans tickets) at the big crane type camera behind the goals which it hit, and was duely reported by the camera operator (i think) to the stewards and security

i then saw a few photographers cameras being focused in on the crowd at the north terrace, presumably looking for trouble makers / pppl with drink

Dodge
08/09/2003, 12:30 PM
Bohs fans not happy with this at all. Apparently there was trouble in Searsons later that night too. I think they've contacted JB about it.

Doesn't look good for the Ultras, who were in charge of the Rovers tickets...

pineapple stu
08/09/2003, 12:37 PM
Is it true that Rovers have been kicked out of Richmond after the scenes at the Bohs game? If so, they won't get into Tolka, Baldonnell or Belfield, so they'll be struggling for a home again. There's a rumour that their home game against us in two week's time would be played in Belfield Park - the second time this season we'd have hosted a Rovers "home" match! Santry or the Carlisle are the only two others options really - don't think Whitehall would be adequate.

It'd be a shame for the club, but maybe this could be what it takes for Rovers to really look at ways of dealing with their fan problem? Obviously it's a minority, but it seems to be a pretty big minority yet they seem to be doing very little about it.

James
08/09/2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Bohs fans not happy with this at all. Apparently there was trouble in Searsons later that night too. I think they've contacted JB about it..

looks like we left at the right time so, cause there was a sizeable number of cork city fans in there, and we left soon after we saw 2 or 3 hoops start to chat to some of the cork lads,

much better craic with the pats/waaaaaterford lads, and the longford manc in the wellington upstairs :), wonder if that barman ever saw the likes b4

Macy
08/09/2003, 1:13 PM
Bit p!ssed by that stage, and having trouble understanding your ridiculous accents over all the singing... :)

I went North Terrace, to the Lansdowne Bar to the Wellington without seeing any trouble, but I did learn to wear the Town away jersey after the first game in this initiative....

pete
08/09/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by James
heard there was a bottle of bud thrown from north terrace (alledgedly from the rovers allocation of fans tickets) at the big crane type camera behind the goals which it hit, and was duely reported by the camera operator (i think) to the stewards and security

Seen a can of Heiniken on the pitch near the net - si this what you referring to?

Macy
08/09/2003, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by pete
Seen a can of Heiniken on the pitch near the net - si this what you referring to?
There was a can and a pint bottle of Bulmers thrown. From the area Rovers fans were, but really I couldn't say for definite that it was them tbh....

James
08/09/2003, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by pete

i think i posted about a bottle of bud, so i would have been referring to the bottle of bud i saw on the pitch, not any cans of heineken !

pete
08/09/2003, 1:38 PM
i think i posted about a bottle of bud, so i would have been referring to the bottle of bud i saw on the pitch, not any cans of heineken !

Bud, Heineken, can, bottle.....whats the difference?

Schumi
08/09/2003, 4:03 PM
the bottle of bud i saw on the pitch You said you heard about it above!

James
08/09/2003, 4:52 PM
yeah i heard about it being thrown alledgedly from the rovers end, and then saw it on the pitch

Jaime
08/09/2003, 6:20 PM
Plenty of beer and rowdy singing Macy; "Munich" might have been acting the ******** but these things come out when you're ****ed, so I hope no hard feelings.

Éanna
08/09/2003, 6:33 PM
I was down waving flags at half time and I saw a bottle of bud and a can of heineken beside the camera, which weren't there before the game.

TheRealRovers
08/09/2003, 6:55 PM
The SRFC Ultras say they have nothing to do any violence at Shams games or Ireland games but yet their web site had (I don't know if its still there) pictures of them burning a Bohs jersey with their faces blacked out.There is many more images of this kind of crap on their web site. Kick these thugs out of the north terrace

Footie_Fan
08/09/2003, 9:09 PM
Rovers must be banned before they cause a major problem and get the FAI in trouble with UEFA.

Éanna
08/09/2003, 9:18 PM
to give credit where its due, if you look at recent posts on the rovers ultras forum and the eircom League MB, most rovers fans are as annoyed about it as the rest of us. They have realised what many of us have said for a long time- they have a problem and they DO want to do something about it.

DruggyDrog
09/09/2003, 10:45 AM
Well let them actually DO something then, I've heard too much talk and read too much sh*t. If they are genuine they will DO something. We've been waiting too long already, don't hold your breaths. Bar them from the North terrace, bar them from Richmond, just bar them until the problem is sorted or it will take a serious tragedy for something worthwhile to be done about them.

Éanna
09/09/2003, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by DruggyDrog
Well let them actually DO something then, I've heard too much talk and read too much sh*t. If they are genuine they will DO something. We've been waiting too long already, don't hold your breaths. Bar them from the North terrace, bar them from Richmond, just bar them until the problem is sorted or it will take a serious tragedy for something worthwhile to be done about them.
I agree with you there. I think one of the Ultras was on the eL board saying that certain people would not be getting tickets again. Its a step in the right direction.