carnstein
07/09/2003, 11:31 AM
Here's mine

------------Given

Finnan - O'Shea - Cunningham - Kilbane

-------Carr - Healy - McPhail - Duff------

----------Keane-------Morrison--------

Explaination:

I think its madness not to play O'Shea at centre back. I think Kilbane is better defensivly than Harte. I think Carr is better in Midfield than Finnan. McPhail would add much needed creativity. Morrison MUST start up front and Duff is a winger!

Also, I would like to see Andy Ried, Sean Thornton, Liam Miller, Richie Partrige and Graham Barrett given a chance.

bitored
07/09/2003, 1:24 PM
Your midfield looks a bit too lightweight in my opinion. Granted we're not blessed with many alternatives but I actually thought Holland did well on Saturday

brine2
07/09/2003, 1:41 PM
----------------------Given
-----------Carr ---- O'Shea ----- Finnan
-----------------Reid-------Healy
--------Keane----Miller----Thornton----Duff
-----------------------Morrison

Slash/ED
07/09/2003, 3:01 PM
Morrison Keane

Duff Delap Healy Reid

Finnan Cunningham O'Shea Carr

Given

I wish Delap didn't keep picking up injuries around the times he's likely to get a chance, he's the answer to our central mid field worrys. Strong in the tackle, works hard but can pass a ball very well and could offer what were missing. Healy had a good game but is still a great prospect, like Delap he works very hard and, in the past, he's shown his passing can be superb, he can also get in the box and score goals himself. The rest of the team picks itself really, harsh on Breen probably, but we need pace beside Cunningham, and I'd feel alot less nervous with Finnan at left back and Harte on the bench, for all Hartes set peice ability I can think of very few instances an Ian Harte set peice has actually saved us in a match.

gustavo
07/09/2003, 4:22 PM
my bestXI IS
---------------------Given---------------------
--Carr-------Breen------Cunningham--O Shea
--Finnan---Holland-----Delap--------Duff---
--------------Keane-------Morrison-------------

thecorner
08/09/2003, 1:18 AM
my bestXI IS
---------------------Given---------------------
--Carr-------O'Brien------Cunningham--harte
--Reid---Holland-----O'Shea--------Duff---
--------------Keane-------Morrison-------------

healy when match fit should fit in with miller snapping on hollands feet for a place

markf
08/09/2003, 10:40 AM
Mine would be -

Given

Carr Cunningham O'Shea Finnan

Kelly Healy Kinsella Duff

Keane Doherty

Subs- Colgan, Harte, McPhail, Delap, Miller, Barrett, Crowe.

brine2
08/09/2003, 4:39 PM
It's incredible how many people have lost faith in Steven Reid judging him on 45 minutes of football after not being fully fit for a few months. I still think he's one of our most exciting prospects.

Colm
08/09/2003, 5:19 PM
Given
Carr Breen Cunningham O'Shea
Finnan Holland Kilbane Duff
Keane O'Flynn

Subs: Crowe, Colgan, Harte, O'Callaghan, Doherty, Reid, Healy.

carnstein
09/09/2003, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by brine2
It's incredible how many people have lost faith in Steven Reid judging him on 45 minutes of football after not being fully fit for a few months. I still think he's one of our most exciting prospects.
He had a terrible game against Scotland too and from what I have seen he doesn't look much like he knows how to pass a ball.

Slash/ED
09/09/2003, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by carnstein
He had a terrible game against Scotland too and from what I have seen he doesn't look much like he knows how to pass a ball.

So bad he set up both goals?

I certinaly remember thinking he'd played well anyway.

Countyman
09/09/2003, 3:55 PM
Given

McGrath - Moran - Lawrenson

Whelan - Keane

Houghton - Brady - Duff

Aldridge - Keane

....well you did say with everyone fit

;) :D

pete
09/09/2003, 4:49 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
....well you did say with everyone fit
;) :D

Yeah but no time travel allowed.

;)

tiktok
09/09/2003, 5:42 PM
Originally posted by brine2
----------------------Given
-----------Carr ---- O'Shea ----- Finnan
-----------------Reid-------Healy
--------Keane----Miller----Thornton----Duff
-----------------------Morrison

in fairness, a back three with attacking full backs?? Reid as an enforcer ?? playing against two big strikers, long ball tactics they'd be hammered.

and mine, equally open to ridicule

________________Given______________
__Carr__Cunningham___O'Shea__Harte__
__Reid_____Healy_____DeLap____Duff__
__________Keane____Morrison________

can't believe so many of you would go with teams where so many are playing out of their natural positions.

sadloserkid
10/09/2003, 8:08 PM
Given

Carr Breen O'Shea Finnan

Reid Delap Holland Duff

Keane Morrison

Subs: Colgan Cunningham Dunne Kinsella Healy Kilbane
Connolly and at a push Carsley

Bluebeard
11/09/2003, 2:40 PM
Don't like 442, don't like having to play Finnan on the left, don't like leaving out the Angry Ant, know I risk a Cork uprising by not naming O'Flynn, don't like Tesco Custard Creams, this above all things, don't like Lee Carsley.

Two teams - the second one as the ideal replacement team (with obviously within team changes like Finnan to RB and O'Shea to LB if Carr injured, etc.)

Ireland Senior side:

Given

Carr Cunningham O'Shea Finnan

S Reid McPhail Holland Duff

Keane Morrison

B Team:

Kenny

G Kelly Breen Doherty Harte

O'Neill Healy Delap Kilbane

Connolly DJ Carey

Additional subs: Murphy, O'Brien, Kinsella, Lee, A Reid, Terry Phelan, Me.

Man strip searched on public bus to wherever match is being played, for fear of him bringing his boots and stunning injury crisis occurring in squad: Lee Carsley

RomanAbramovich
11/09/2003, 2:51 PM
anyone that has gary breen in thier team should be shot. there is a reason he plays for west ham= he is ****.

Bluebeard
11/09/2003, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by RomanAbramovich
anyone that has gary breen in thier team should be shot. there is a reason he plays for west ham= he is ****.

:( :( :(
Roman, Roman, Roman? It is one thing to have Ken Bates boots lined with old newspapers in order to fill them, it is quite another to start to read them! I'm sure that in years to come we will trace the end of the Glen Roeder Years directly to the departure of Breen for SUNDERLAND, which happened, oh, I dunno, maybe a month and a half ago. Bitter because you didn't get him?

You can buy all of the players some of the time, and some of the players all of the time, but you can't buy all of the players all of the time. Never mind know who they play for.
:D :D

ccfcman
11/09/2003, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by pete
Yeah but no time travel allowed.

;)
awh:(
:ball: :ball: :ball: