PDA

View Full Version : Preview Of The Cork Game

wws
05/09/2001, 9:16 AM
A full preview of the big game on Friday is now online at the Independent Saints Site, this match preview includes contributions from Corkonians, Gerry Desmond of the Cork City Programme, and Uefa(well he has the bib!) photographer Peadar O' Sullivan. With no other serious games on in Dublin on Friday night, Richmond Park will definitely be the place to be for your football fix.

Check it out here:

http://www.angelfire.com/super/saintmania/issc.html

My thanks to the contributers from Cork City FC, remember fans of other clubs, website and programme editors, are welcome to submit material to IS online for any matches involving their club and Saint Pats.

Just mail it to wwsaint@oceanfree.net

Neil
05/09/2001, 9:32 AM
from unison.ie>

"The Eircom League is investigating St Patrick’s Athletic for allegedly fielding an illegal player during the opening three matches of this year’s campaign. English-born teenager Paul Marney lined out in the first three games, but did not appear against UCD last Thursday. Eircom League officials are understood to have instructed the Dublin club not to field the player until an investigation is completed. The league could deduct nine points from the team’s total as punishment."

wws
05/09/2001, 10:53 AM
ah yeah, why not?

James
05/09/2001, 5:18 PM
by the sounds of it Pats will be looking to get out of negative points on friday night if they are deducted 9 points for cheating, as they should be.

pete
05/09/2001, 5:30 PM
another relegation 6 pointer so ;)

Seriously though sounds like a technicality & 9 points would be harsh. Then again thems the rules I suppose? Tiem to find a scapegoat I think?

Gerry Desmond
07/09/2001, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by wws
[B]A full preview of the big game on Friday is now online at the Independent Saints Site, this match preview includes contributions from Corkonians, Gerry Desmond of the Cork City Programme, and Uefa(well he has the bib!) photographer Peadar O' Sullivan.

wws, you'll be glad to know that my 'One To Watch' selection for tonight's game, James Mulligan, has just been ruled out injured (apparently). This now means we have nobody that you need to watch... :(

Next time I'll maybe choose Hartigan...

Gerry

wws
07/09/2001, 3:55 PM
Hehehe......bleedin typical!