PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Childrens Book

Legendary Bear
31/07/2008, 8:50 PM
Ive just self published a childrens illustrated book on Ray Houghtons goal at Euro 88. Would it be ok to sell it through this forum. Comes in about 6 Euro including post and packaging. Id be willing to send it out to buyers and await payment. Profit will go into funding my next book.

kingdom hoop
31/07/2008, 9:01 PM
Hello Legendary Bear, how ever did you know there were lots of kids here?

To answer your question, probably not, going by the rules (accessible by clicking this link) (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=88428) which state that only personal selling is allowed. But given the subject matter involved an exception may be made so send a Private Message to dahamsta (click on his name and then click 'send private message'), he's the boss and can tell you for sure.

sligoman
31/07/2008, 10:05 PM
dahamsta's away for a few weeks, PM A face or Dodge and I'm sure they can tell you.

Legendary Bear
01/08/2008, 6:56 PM
I've ran this by the moderators and have been given clearance clarence.

Ive just self published a 24 page, A4, soft cover fully illustrated rhyming childrens book based on Ray Houghtons goal in Euro 88. Its called The Legendary Bear.Its ideal for reading to children between the ages of 3-8 and all the kids who have received a copy have loved it.

To give you a flavour here is an extract:

"That all changed when the ball was kicked long, two Lions collided and Aldridge bear flicked on"

I'm willing to sell them for 6 Euro Post and Pack. If youre interested please PM me.

This is the first in a series and I would be greatful for some feedback.

It beats Hansel and Gretel hands down.

Thanks The Legendary Bear.

girlinblack
25/08/2008, 11:07 AM
Hi LB,

I have received the book & am posting feedback as promised:

I must say, i really enjoyed the book. The content is very well written & entertaining for the young & the old. It brought back some great memories for me (i.e. the old) and it'll be a great read for the nieces and nephews (i.e. the young!).

Thanks again,
GirlInBlack
:ball:

Legendary Bear
25/08/2008, 6:51 PM
Thanks alot,

I stiil have about 5 more to shift if anyones interested before I go to the second edition. No joy with publishers yet. One said the story and illustrations were great but we wouldnt sell enough. 70 odd thousand in for a match in Croke Park, the rest of the fans watching it on tele and theirs no market. Its doomed. Any publishers out there?

Wolfie
28/08/2008, 7:53 AM
Ive just self published a childrens illustrated book on Ray Houghtons goal at Euro 88. Would it be ok to sell it through this forum. Comes in about 6 Euro including post and packaging. Id be willing to send it out to buyers and await payment. Profit will go into funding my next book.

I also have a childrens illustrated book to flog based on Jason McAteer's flying kick against Macedonia in 1997.

To give you a flavour, here's an extract:

"The Irish were struggling and fuming with frustration,
the only answer was a Macedonian decapitation"

dublinred
02/09/2008, 11:36 AM
Excellent book , artwork very good , brought back a lot of memories , nice happy ending for the kids , hope you can get a publisher as would sell in the shops.

Legendary Bear
02/09/2008, 9:32 PM
Thanks Londonred for the feedback and contribution. It was compiled with fathers as well as children in mind. My own children love it but then again Ive thrown out all their other books!

Jimmie O'
06/09/2008, 12:04 PM
I actually have the shirt Ray wore that day :D

Legendary Bear
08/09/2008, 9:46 PM
Hi Folks,

Theres another review in tonights Evening Herald P63.

Thanks to everyone whose bought a book its now going to print for the second time.

Regards,

LB

Legendary Bear
15/10/2008, 11:19 PM
Hi Folks,

The 2nd Edition of the Legendary Bear will be available Monday for all interested. Due to the book being printed to a higher printing specification not to mention the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the continuing economic challenges the price has gone up to 6.50 Euro (Includes P +P). I hope this time next year that the price will revert to 6 euro as Ive invested in Icelandic Kronge with revenues from the first edition.

Please drop me a line if you would like one posted out. Dare I say the book would bring a tear to glass eye and would make a great present for the next sporting generation.

LB

dahamsta
16/10/2008, 9:40 PM
That's enough updates now thanks.