PDA

View Full Version : County 3 Ramblers 1

Estar
05/09/2003, 10:58 PM
Ramblers were shafted tonight by the one and only Mr. Jim O'Neill. Hill should not have been sent off, full stop. Vetinari ( my friend) might not like this , but this guy is the Elton John of EL refereeing. I'm just sick of that lad. Ramblers should have benn three up in the first ten minutes. Go on O'Leary,:D Cronin was really fired up for the game. A draw would have been a fair result. Cobh's subs looked really young. What about Rodger's Beckham like goal ;) ( Would'nt have happened only Cobh were going flat out for a goal, for a draw( 2-0 down) (10 v 11))):confused:

KILDARE COUNTY 3

COBH RAMBLERS 1

KILDARE COUNTY maintained their push for promotion with a deserved home win over Cobh last night.

Kildare took the lead just before half-time when Alan McNevin scored from the penalty spot after John Andrews handled the ball.

Cobh suffered a further setback when player-manager Dave Hill was sent off on 58 minutes and Philip Hughes sealed victory when he scored from the edge of the box 11 minutes later.

Kieran O'Reilly netted a consolation goal for Cobh before Kildare midfielder Peter Rogers wrapped up victory with a spectacular lob from 60 yards in injury-time.

KILDARE - O'Leary; Brennan, Cronin, Whelehan, Kenny, Zellor (Ryan 54), Rogers, Kelly (Purdy 91), Hughes, O'Connor, McNevin.

COBH - Harrington, Wolfe, White (Tynan 70), Hill, Murphy, Andrews, Yelverton, Warren, O'Reilly, Coker, Moore.

REF - J O'Neill (Dublin)

ramsie
07/09/2003, 11:12 AM
That sums up Ramblers season an under-achievement bad refs and we cant score goals
We should of had that game won by half time
Dave Hill sent off again well at least he gave the finger to the Kildare supporters.
Whats up with year support ye had about 400 at th match if we were in that position we would 3 ta 4 times that

Estar
07/09/2003, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by ramsie
Whats up with year support ye had about 400 at th match if we were in that position we would 3 ta 4 times that

I know it's very dissapointing, always have smaller crowds on a Friday. Lowest 400, highest 800 this season.
I don't think the club are doing enought to attract new support. There are a lot of untapped areas in the County.
They dont even have billboads on the roads leading into Newbridge like last year.

Saying that the last two games against Dundalk and Cobh have been very enjoyable to watch.

I think if we get a major backer we could make the next step.
It's good a lot of kids are going to the matchs as they are our future.

Fair play to you for making the journey to support Cobh. Nice to see them wearing the Cobh crest proudly.Where did ye get Murphy from he did well in the air?

fingers
08/09/2003, 12:40 PM
I agree the Ref was very poor and that Cobh deserved a draw but I think Hill did deserve to be sent off on a double Yellow. The tackle on Shay Zellor was a bad one and he never stopped moaning and arguing with the ref all night. anyway he should be setting a better example to his players .

Estar
08/09/2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by fingers
The tackle on Shay Zellor was a bad one and he never stopped moaning and arguing with the ref all night. anyway he should be setting a better example to his players .

50/50 IMO, not half as bad as tackles he got against Dundalk.
Hill didn't open his mouth in the first half. A lot of other Cobh players were mouthing more eg 2 and 9 (and worse tackles). Hill was fired up by first yellow card. You can't say Hill was doing the dirt on any of the County players.

Have you looked at Jimbo's stats at Station road:rolleyes:

Fingers were you on a spying mission for St. Pats, I'd say you weren't worried leaving Station Road.

Countyman
09/09/2003, 9:04 AM
Hill is the biggest most arrogant thug in the el and deserves everything he gets.

Pure scum....says a lot about the cobh support when they think its great for their manager to give opposition fans the finger.

grow up.

Éanna
09/09/2003, 7:30 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
Hill is the biggest most arrogant thug in the el and deserves everything he gets.

Pure scum....says a lot about the cobh support when they think its great for their manager to give opposition fans the finger.

grow up.
hill was a great player, and seems to be doing ok as manager in many regards, but he never had the best temperament. he's old enough to know better by now.

Estar
09/09/2003, 7:40 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
to give opposition fans the finger.

grow up.

I didn't see him do it, may be he was trying to tell County fans they were winning 1-0.:D