PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Echo

razor
05/09/2003, 10:26 PM
That Spillage must have damn all to write about.

Big headline about Livingstone getting racially abused last Friday night.
Now I was in the Shed and I didn't hear any rascist abuse.

I have seen people taken to task over the years for rascist carry on in the Shed and I think its lowest of the low.
But to be honest its a long time since i've heard any form of rascist abuse at the Cross, thankfully.
The fact is Livingstone was constantly booed for being a cheat as would a player of any creed, colour or race, whats the deal with that ?

I mean if you can't shout abuse at the opposition whats the world coming to ?

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether they did hear rascist abuse ?

Neil
05/09/2003, 10:53 PM
I was in the Shed aswell and defintely did not hear ANY racist abuse.
There was a lot of booing of Livingstone BUT IT WAS BECAUSE HE IS A DIVER AND A CHEAT (he handled the ball for Pats second goal).
It's obvious Spillane now has a grudge against CCFC and fans, between this and the Dave Hill "story".

Éanna
05/09/2003, 11:07 PM
I sent this mail to the Echo earlier. IMO, City should refuse to allow the man in the ground again. He is a pathetic little sh1t-stirrer. I was one of the ones who started booing that cheat Mbabazi. It's not the first time I've booed him and I'm sure it won't be the last- that is because he is a cheating *****. I couldn't care less if he had purple skin and played wearing a sash and bowler hat. Spillane is scum.

------------------------------------------------------------------
To Whom it may concern:

I am writing to express my severe displeasure at the quality of coverage of Cork City in the Evening Echo recently. The quality of coverage has taken a marked turn for the worse, in particular those articles written by Noel Spillane. It seems to myself, and a number of people with whom I have discussed the issue that Mr Spillane is currently bearing some form of grudge or ill-will towards the club and insists on looking for negative and uncomplimentary stories. Even his match reports have contained ill-disguised and petty attacks on the club. What has prompted me to write this e-mail is the article on the back page of the paper on Friday 5/9/03. The story concerns alleged racism directed at a St. Pats player in Turners Cross. As somone who attends the majority of Cork City matches home and away, an also someone who is generally in the middle of the most vocal part of the support, I refute the suggestion that the abuse directed at the player was of a racial nature. The player in question has gained a reputation for making the most of challenges and is such unpopular with many City fans. I was one of the fans who booed the player on a number of occasions at the match- this booing was no different from that directed at many other players who have sought to con referees, be they black, white, orange or yellow. The article written by Mr Spillane is of a type I would not expect to find in a newspaper that purports to support and sponsor Cork City FC. It is brash, badly thought out and vindictive, and the Evening Echo should be ashamed that it employs someone who behaves in such a manner. Following on the heels of an article which questioned the success of the new management team at Cork city and an appallingly thought out attempt to assess the season's progress, it is apparent to many readers that Mr Spillane's coverage of Cork City FC is unacceptable and should come to an end. I, for one, will cease buying the Evening Echo if this level of coverage continues.

Yours in Sport,
Éanna Buckley

dcnags
05/09/2003, 11:35 PM
well said eanna and may i add i was 1 of the many people who did boo mbabazi after the ball was handeled and that is only because it definatly should have been a free out.it would have happened if at was anybody ,whether they were black white blue or green.typical spastic:rolleyes:

TheNorthsider
06/09/2003, 11:36 AM
was in the derrynane road side and have spoken to others who were with me and none of us heard anything being shouted at livigstone that could be described as anywhere near racist.simply spillane is a pr*ck and city should not have him in the cross trevor should be informed this evening of what city supporters think of spillane:mad:

patsh
06/09/2003, 12:13 PM
To add insult to injury, there is not a single mention of the UCD game tonight. I thought the paper was a City "partner" ?? Yet a major league game is completely ignored.....:rolleyes:

ccfcman
08/09/2003, 8:43 AM
€v€ning €cho is what it has become im afraid.spillane is based in the stand for home matches so im assuming that IF there was any such abuse it was from the stand?:confused: