PDA

View Full Version : Same old Dolan....

Paddyfield
29/07/2008, 9:34 PM
Pat Dolan must be still pi$$ed off with Nick Leeson for not giving him the job as manager of Galway United.

Dolan was mouthing off again on the excellent News Talk sports programme Off THe Ball tonight; he said that "...clubs like Galway United are holding back progressive clubs like Drogheda United by moaning all of the time about lack of money...". He also said that that players in the League of Ireland are grossly underpaid and the reason that clubs like St Pat's, Cork and Drogheda get such big crowds is because they pay the most money to the best players which brings in the big crowds.

Tir Oilean
29/07/2008, 10:50 PM
What about Sligo, Shams, Cobh, Bray, Finn Harps, they are hardly stable? what does he want a five team league? Pats Bohs Drogs Derry and Cork? Muppet. Of course he wants Galway to keep on paying money they dont have so they disappear......bitter man

Patrick Dunne
29/07/2008, 11:17 PM
Players at EL level are grossly overpaid. Clubs at the lower end of the Premier Division are paying out E700-E900 per week on players who have achieved very little in the game here.

Dolan is incredibly bitter.

corbyeire
30/07/2008, 9:45 AM
maybe they are overpaid - they definitely are being paid in an unsustainable way - if your crowds are less than 500 you cant be paying all your players those wages

unless you get good crowds you cant be spending money you dont have - and when is that going to change generally

theres probably over 500 a weekend heading to england for premiership matches and spending at least 500 yoyo from galway

people are making huge efforts to support english clubs

what will change that

it has been asked before and it will be asked again - but until that changes (oil prices etc.) the league cannot progress or compete with the english league

SalvadorSanchez
30/07/2008, 11:39 AM
Pat Dolan must be still pi$$ed off with Nick Leeson for not giving him the job as manager of Galway United. .

True, but I ask you this... how wise was it to take on a high profile rookie manager from outside the league when you're bottom and need to pick up points?

Dolan would have been a better choice in my opinion... he knows the league and the players involved and might well have been up for the dogfight at the bottom of the league...

At least he wouldn't have picked himself at right-back and then not noticed that he was being badly taken apart in 2 games on the trot...:D

Demoshield
30/07/2008, 12:15 PM
True, but I ask you this... how wise was it to take on a high profile rookie manager from outside the league when you're bottom and need to pick up points?

Dolan would have been a better choice in my opinion... he knows the league and the players involved and might well have been up for the dogfight at the bottom of the league...

At least he wouldn't have picked himself at right-back and then not noticed that he was being badly taken apart in 2 games on the trot...:D

Pat Dolan did not apply for the job to replace Tony Cousins, so therefore could not have been appointed!
Ask any supoporter of clubs that he has managed and you might find out a little about the true nature of the man.
He was interviewed previously for the post but the board decided to appoint Tony Cousins instead. Mr Dolan I believe wanted to run the club, not just the team. Alledgedly wanted a salary, bonuses and a share of the gate and to be accountable to nobody.
I would be very surprised if he ever manages a team in this country again as most people know what he is like. He is still bitter about it.

SalvadorSanchez
30/07/2008, 1:28 PM
Mr Dolan I believe wanted to run the club, not just the team. Alledgedly wanted a salary, bonuses and a share of the gate and to be accountable to nobody.
I would be very surprised if he ever manages a team in this country again as most people know what he is like. He is still bitter about it.[/quote]

Ok, if this is true then, perhaps Pat might not have been the man for the job... however I still stand over my opinion that a rookie manager might not have been the way to go when it was backs to the wall time....

Trainee
30/07/2008, 2:08 PM
Pat Dolan did not apply for the job to replace Tony Cousins, so therefore could not have been appointed!

Pat dolan was going to get the job when tony cousins got it but he wanted a massive salary and 10% of gate recipts so galway united gave the job to tony instead

galwayhoop
30/07/2008, 2:22 PM
Pat dolan was going to get the job when tony cousins got it but he wanted a massive salary and 10% of gate recipts so galway united gave the job to tony instead

yeah thats how i remember it too. In hindsight it wouldn't have been a bad thing imo. Dolan is flamboyant (some would say a loudmouth) and massively into PR. I remember him telling a story about how he picked up a Cork phone book and rang people at random asking if they went to Cork City games!!

We achieved nothing with TC (barr an off-the-pitch promotion) so maybe big pat wouldn't have been a bad option. So what if he wanted a slice of gate receipts, he would have been out trying to beef up the crowd and it would have been a win-win.

Anyway he didn't get the job, and oh yeah he does seem fairly bitter!!

GuisaSaigon
30/07/2008, 9:49 PM
Dolan is a muppet, his bitter snipes at Leeson show how ridiculous he is. Get over it Pat, concentrate on sorting your wig out!

Splurge
31/07/2008, 9:23 AM
He's great crack to have around the Wexford Youths games, although i heard a rumour he's on savage money!

Terry-Lander
01/08/2008, 10:55 PM
Mr Dolan I believe wanted to run the club, not just the team. Alledgedly wanted a salary, bonuses and a share of the gate and to be accountable to nobody.
I would be very surprised if he ever manages a team in this country again as most people know what he is like. He is still bitter about it.

Ok, if this is true then, perhaps Pat might not have been the man for the job... however I still stand over my opinion that a rookie manager might not have been the way to go when it was backs to the wall time....[/quote]

So with our backs to the wall what position would you have Dolan play??????????? or perhaps you would have preffered if we went with an 'experienced' manager like shoddy collins or O'Connor. At least our 'rookie manager' can step in when our backs are really to the wall.
Salvador you are extremely negative, as all of your posts have shown. Are you dolan in disguise?
In case you didn't hear the 'rookie manager' guided his team to a very convincing 2-0 win tonight.

GuisaSaigon
01/08/2008, 11:42 PM
So with our backs to the wall what position would you have Dolan play???????????
I'd pay money to see that!

Salvador you are extremely negative, as all of your posts have shown. Are you dolan in disguise?

I'm beginning to think Salvador is Sligwegian in disguise. Bit of a WUM posing as a United fan I reckon.

gilberto_eire
02/08/2008, 1:07 AM
See Dolan had another swipe today in his article.

It was along the lines off...... ''is what i see true, are Galway United who could'nt afford to pay Irish professionals after singing Danish players, are the Danish players playing for free or playing for pittance''

Along the lines off that anyway.... awful plonker

GuisaSaigon
02/08/2008, 9:22 AM
Fat ******

SalvadorSanchez
02/08/2008, 9:52 AM
I'd pay money to see that!

I'm beginning to think Salvador is Sligwegian in disguise. Bit of a WUM posing as a United fan I reckon.

Honestly, having seen the highlights of last nights game, and having heard all the good stuff about Jorgensen, I'm delighted to eat humble pie. Kenna has started to turn it around, I had been concerned about his reluctance to use the bench previously, but he seems to have them playing well and up for it now... so I stand corrected....:)

Terry-Lander
02/08/2008, 10:13 AM
Honestly, having seen the highlights of last nights game, and having heard all the good stuff about Jorgensen, I'm delighted to eat humble pie. Kenna has started to turn it around, I had been concerned about his reluctance to use the bench previously, but he seems to have them playing well and up for it now... so I stand corrected....:)

.............And Heaven and Earth rejoiced at Saul's conversion on the road to Ballybofey. Even the location has changed. Welcome to the fold.

GuisaSaigon
02/08/2008, 10:14 AM
See Dolan had another swipe today in his article.

It was along the lines off...... ''is what i see true, are Galway United who could'nt afford to pay Irish professionals after singing Danish players, are the Danish players playing for free or playing for pittance''

Along the lines off that anyway.... awful plonker

What paper, cant find it in today's Star?
We really should make up a banner telling fatso to shut up!

GuisaSaigon
02/08/2008, 10:27 AM
Found it Yesterday's Star

Is there something rotten in the state of Denmark? Surely this was a misprint..... Galway United who got rid of Irish Professionals because they couldn't afford them, are now looking to bring in Danish players. Are they coming to play for nothing or is it a Hans Christian Anderson fairytale?

If your into fairytales Fatso, ask your wannabe Italian mate about the Italian Fairytale "The Pig King" It should suit you down to the ground!

Terry-Lander
02/08/2008, 10:30 AM
Yesterday's star pg 89 "Is there something rotten in the state of Denmark? surely this was a misprint.....Galway United, who got rid of Irish Professionalsbecause they couldn't afford them, are now looking to bring in Danish players. Are they coming to play for nothing or is it a Hans Christian Anderson fairytale?"

GuisaSaigon
02/08/2008, 10:45 AM
Reading the main piece of his column where he is having a go at the FAI for not giving adequate time to discuss financial strife that has affected Galway United, Waterford and Sligo at their AGM.
He then goes on to knock Trap for being at the Galway Races instead of Drogheda's Euro game.
The Fatso must know well that Trap was in Galway to support an important fundraiser for Galway United.
Fatso, some people talk ****, some people get off there arses and do something to help. Which kind are you?

Terry-Lander
02/08/2008, 10:50 AM
Important to note that Trappatoni was booked for the Galway United fundraiser before the Drogs fixture was arranged. Dolan simply proves that a) he is very bitter and b) paper doesn't refuse ink.

Tir Oilean
02/08/2008, 2:24 PM
Shut your Trap Phat Pat.......anybody got that footage where he says he loves Galway.......I'd like to see the welcome he'll get the next time he darkens our door..