PDA

View Full Version : Drogs vs Kiev the match part

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 7:05 PM
decent game both sides should have scored, kiev just look like they can go up a gear.

Stand looks well nearly full bohs should try that sometime.

kdjac

pineapple stu
29/07/2008, 7:14 PM
1-0 Kiev.

Rovers Maniac
29/07/2008, 7:14 PM
decent game both sides should have scored, kiev just look like they can go up a gear.

Stand looks well nearly full bohs should try that sometime.

kdjac

Class apart, the Bangorra lad looks quality.

Dazzy
29/07/2008, 7:16 PM
RTE streams **** for anyone else?

Sheridan
29/07/2008, 7:36 PM
Great game of ball so far, both sides totally open (Drogs excessively so.)

Drogheda have frozen a bit on the big stage which was always a danger, it's very noticeable that their best players have been the ones with CL experience. Faz should have been taken off after twenty minutes, he has absolutely no grasp of the difference between an eL and a CL game. Drogs need to put another striker on and get one of the holding midfielders to press the ball.

tippex
29/07/2008, 7:44 PM
Faz's passing has been atrocious. Drogs have been opened up so many times.

Mr A
29/07/2008, 7:49 PM
1-1!!

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 7:50 PM
funny goal

faz is bleedin awful.

kdjac

Rovers Maniac
29/07/2008, 7:52 PM
funny goal

faz is bleedin awful.

kdjac

Quality ball by him though.

TonyD
29/07/2008, 7:54 PM
Fair play to Drogs. Hope they can stay in the game now.

gufct
29/07/2008, 7:58 PM
RTE streams **** for anyone else?

Ya watching it in the USA absolute crap:mad:

sligoman
29/07/2008, 7:58 PM
Ewing at fault for Kiev's goal, terrible 'save'. Good to see them back in it though.
faz is bleedin awful.and has been for most of the season.

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 8:03 PM
Keegan is brilliant, dominating the midfield with little or no help from Cahill.

Faz going off hopefully for a right back to let Byrne into the middle.

kdjac

strangeirish
29/07/2008, 8:04 PM
Ya watching it in the USA absolute crap:mad:
Yup, but I'll take it!

Rovers Maniac
29/07/2008, 8:06 PM
What is the commentator on about Kiev being an absolute mess? I think they should have about 3 times in the last 10 mins

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 8:07 PM
What is the commentator on about Kiev being an absolute mess? I think they should have about 3 times in the last 10 mins

their defenders are all over the place, normal russian/ukraine thing not renowned for their centre backs.

kdjac

tippex
29/07/2008, 8:08 PM
Good save by Ewing

Boo_Boy
29/07/2008, 8:12 PM
2 certain penos against Drogs if this was a league game

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 8:12 PM
keegan off :confused:

kdjac

strangeirish
29/07/2008, 8:13 PM
Keegan off???? WTF?

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 8:15 PM
Pats trying sign to Zayed .....WHY!!!!!!!!

kdjac

Rovers Maniac
29/07/2008, 8:16 PM
their defenders are all over the place, normal russian/ukraine thing not renowned for their centre backs.

kdjac

Never heard of that before sorry if i think your speaking through your you know what.:)

centre mid
29/07/2008, 8:16 PM
fantastic game to watch, both sides creating plenty and both look like conceeding.

Boo_Boy
29/07/2008, 8:17 PM
Pats trying sign to Zayed .....WHY!!!!!!!!

kdjac

Because he's got a cool name

Youths4Ever
29/07/2008, 8:20 PM
Kiev look very suspect at the back under high balls

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 8:22 PM
Never heard of that before sorry if i think your speaking through your you know what.:)

You are watching the same game? Kiev are shocking at the back. Their 2 centre backs are all over the place.

But hey rovers fan thats good defending to you.

kdjac

centre mid
29/07/2008, 8:25 PM
Ewings again not comfortable under a high ball, thats a worry for the second leg, another good sharp save again though.

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 8:27 PM
Ewings again not comfortable under a high ball, thats a worry for the second leg, another good sharp save again though.

made some ****ing great saves from shots tho.

wheres the finnish dude with the funny beard?

EDIT 2-1 dodgy goalie :(

kdjac

sligoman
29/07/2008, 8:28 PM
That's it. Drogs going out.

Made a fool of Baker there.

centre mid
heartbreaking, great strike.

tippex
sucker punch that was a terrible goal to concede

Rovers Maniac
29/07/2008, 8:30 PM
You are watching the same game? Kiev are shocking at the back. Their 2 centre backs are all over the place.

But hey rovers fan thats good defending to you.

kdjac

I am watching the game you are listening to the commentators ;)

The joker Fabio is on waste of space this lad.

Youths4Ever
29/07/2008, 8:32 PM
second goal real blow

Drog still doing league proud. Me thinks much tougher than Kiev expecting and just hope Drog can perform well out there as well

centre mid
29/07/2008, 8:34 PM
needed to take something out there TBH but I'd mirror that they have done well tonight, No doubt Collins will have a smug face on when they go back to the studio but Drogheda should be proud of the endeavour tonight.

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 8:34 PM
I am watching the game you are listening to the commentators ;)

The joker Fabio is on waste of space this lad.

So we can be sure one of these 2 russian lads will play for Sligo at some stage.

Moral victory for Drogs:mad:, played very well never seen so many drogs players out of their own half before they will be treated for nosebleeds after the game.

Shame robinson missed this.

kdjac

tippex
29/07/2008, 8:43 PM
why the hell is RTE spending our tax payers money on having collins on the panel? He is a **** of the highest order.

TonyD
29/07/2008, 8:43 PM
Drogheda did well I thought. Stretched to the limit at times, but they stuck in there against what was a superior team. Thought the keeper was at fault for the second goal as well as the first. For a while there I even thought they might sneak a second and win it. Can't really argue with the result though.

Rovers Maniac
29/07/2008, 8:44 PM
So we can be sure one of these 2 russian lads will play for Sligo at some stage.

Moral victory for Drogs:mad:, played very well never seen so many drogs players out of their own half before they will be treated for nosebleeds after the game.

Shame robinson missed this.

kdjac

What are you on about you junkie?:confused: They are Ukrainians for a start.

Moral victory is for losers and doing the league proud is not good enough anymore i am not proud after losing never am never will be maybe that is a bad trait. Decent game though.

I will let you to listen to the analysis before you post your reply. :)

strangeirish
29/07/2008, 8:44 PM
Have to say, bad stream and all, I really enjoyed watching this one. Fair play to Drogs, played some nice football.

pineapple stu
29/07/2008, 8:45 PM
Am I allowed note that Ventspils lost tonight?

alkev
29/07/2008, 8:49 PM
Great performance Drogs, dreadful substitutions and roddy thinks the second leg is in Russia. Let's hope RTE send him out there to cover it and leave him there

sonofstan
29/07/2008, 8:49 PM
Boll0cks to the moral victory stuff - Drogs could have won this. Doolin being a complete minnow.

BTW, did anyone else hear Pat Morley say it was Deja Vu again? :D

Sheridan
29/07/2008, 8:50 PM
Barrett was a bizarre introduction. Why bring in a player who plays exclusively on the burst when they needed someone to hold it up? :confused:

Boo_Boy
29/07/2008, 8:52 PM
Was it just me that heard Roddy say Drogs will face a tall order out in Russia?

centre mid
29/07/2008, 8:52 PM
Great performance Drogs, dreadful substitutions and roddy thinks the second leg is in Russia. Let's hope RTE send him out there to cover it and leave him there

:D:D

Tool of the highesy order Rico about to chin him

tippex
29/07/2008, 8:53 PM
I'd pay rico to chin him it would make great TV

kdjaC
29/07/2008, 8:59 PM
What are you on about you junkie?:confused: They are Ukrainians for a start.

Moral victory is for losers and doing the league proud is not good enough anymore i am not proud after losing never am never will be maybe that is a bad trait. Decent game though.

I will let you to listen to the analysis before you post your reply. :)

K obviously being a sligo fan some things are lost on you, but Ukraine was once part of Russia and it really really ****es them off to call them that.

Moral victories are for losers eh? did Drogs win the match ? you shouldnt be proud one way of another your ****ing team isnt playing and it could be a long time before they do in europe unless you class Derry as a Euro adventure.

if you seen good defending from the Kiev centrebacks well im not really suprised we usually score 4 vs you i would imagine you then post on foot saying your defence was great :confused:

kdjac

Con-Con
29/07/2008, 9:00 PM
Gartland, Ewing and Cahill played brilliant tonight. Really stood out for me. I think out in Kiev they'll lose, Kiev will score all those chances they missed today in their own back yard. Can't see any hope for Drogs.

Sheridan
29/07/2008, 9:02 PM
I thought Ewing was and always has been crap (although his kicking is pretty good.) What happened to Vilmunen? Much better option.

lofty9
29/07/2008, 9:04 PM
Boll0cks to the moral victory stuff - Drogs could have won this. Doolin being a complete minnow.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Totally disagree that Drogheda could have won it. I never thought at any stage that they were threatening to win it. Zayed was muck, if a lone forward is playing so badly, there ain't a chance of winning. It could have been a landslide if it wasn't for awful finishing by Kiev and some unconventional saves by the keeper. I think Cahill was honest enough at the end to say they rode their luck.

Jaysus , I sound like Roddy. :eek: