PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of money idiots

Counting Crow
04/09/2003, 10:12 PM
If any of you went to the pictures to see "The Matrix" or "Spy Kids 3"!!!!! would you walk out with 10 minutes to go?????

If you went to Slane to see The Red Hot Chilli Peppers ( or The Counting Crows!!!!! ) would you leave 15 minutes before the end????

If you went to a play or the Panto in the Opera House would you leave before it was over???????

I thought it was just the Sky Sunshine Supporters that partook in this complete and utter waste of money ( maybe their own little protest at LoI football and those who really support it ).

But when I saw the crowds streaming out of the Cross last night with 10 - 15 minutes to go I just could not believe it.

The game was enjoyable ( if not competative ) and the City youngsters were giving a good performance against their Premiership rivals.

Why leave?

It's not like you are going to get held up in streams of traffic.

Idiots.

City score as many goals in the fial quarter as any other time in the game...........your loss.

A face
04/09/2003, 10:24 PM
I know man ..... but they are bar stoolers .... nothing you can do except jeer and taunt them :)

NorthoftheLee
05/09/2003, 8:48 AM
I was a bit suprised at that too. Although the last 15 mins or so weren't great. Still though it mustn't have been nice for the young lads if they noticed....

ccfcman
05/09/2003, 9:19 AM
a lot of ppl came to see "premiership opposition"

niamh
05/09/2003, 10:12 AM
is exactly the point - most people were leaving to get away b4 the traffic or to get early pint.

bert
05/09/2003, 10:33 AM
As I entered the cross, there was this kid there in a Cork Gaa jersey mouthing off about how he was going to support Bolton, that he was usually a Man Yoo fan like, but he'd shout for Bolton tonight. Obviously an English tourist.

These other kids were sitting behind me in the St Annes end and after five minutes were saying that Bolton should be at least three ahead and were slagging off City. As half time approached they had lost all interest and one of them was on about going home cos he had homework to do.

hoofball
05/09/2003, 11:52 AM
We were in the Derrynane side and got stuck in front of kids that must have been at a match for the first time on their own (not that's there's anything wrong with that). From being forced to listen to their extremely loud and lengthy conversations we got the impression that they expected to see a "premiership-level" match and were continually mouthing off about the Cork team (i.e. the City team in every respect) saying things like "I paid 2 euro to watch this schit" , "Cork are rubbish" .....

I personally thought it was a decent game and gave some insight into the gaps between us and top-level pros in terms of technique/ability etc. The young lads in the 2nd half gave a particularily good go of it and were unlucky not to bag a goal or two. I know people have been slagging the match off, but I thought it was well worth paying to see it, and well worth playing a lot of our 1st team in.....

City Gunner
05/09/2003, 12:00 PM
I have to agree with the subject at the start of the thread - why leave early - you're paying money to watch the match and then leaving early. It really annoys me having to stand up to let early leavers through the row and miss the action. I'Don't see any point in leaving early -a goal is as likely to be scored then as any other time and its not as if we're in the middle of Downtown New York and the traffic is going to be in gridlock. I also think it must be disheartening for the players - especially at the game on Wednesday night. i trhink it show a lack of respect too. I was at Highbury in March and 'supporters' were kleaving early there too - I couldn't believe it.

hoofball
05/09/2003, 12:14 PM
One thing I just thought of and it's not to the same extent as Wednesday, but there's always quite a few leaving early even at the regular league games. Agree with the last point as well though, it p*sses me off when about 10 lads in front of you move to leave with 5-10 mins left and we're only 1 down and take about 5 minutes to get out of your way. I never see the point of leaving a game early - a hell of a lot can happen in 5 minutes....

tiktok
05/09/2003, 3:07 PM
i wouldn't be too hard on young kids (especially ones who seem to be at their first match on their own). whether we like it or not (and we don't) the premiership has a huge profile over here, and sky rules what people consider good football.

every city fan had to go through a game where it was their first time at the cross, they weren't all classic games, weren't always positive results, but a lot of us keep coming back.

if the Bolton game gave a few kids a taste for it and has them back a few times more while they get into supporting city, nice one. jeez, we all spouted rubbish (a lot of us still do) at football games when we were kids, it's only showing off how much you think you know.

liamon
05/09/2003, 3:46 PM
I guess games like this will always attract a fickle crowd. Most won't have hardly been to a live game before. Hardly surprising that a few kids got bored and left early. Might be different if we were playing one of the more popular UK teams.

But, at least it got them into the ground. Who knows, some of them might come back and get hooked?

As for leaving early during a league game, it happens all over the world. Get used to it.

fonzi
05/09/2003, 9:15 PM
its up to them.

Cityace
06/09/2003, 1:21 PM
The Kid next to me;

Dad, Did you know liverpool are playing here sometime, will you bring me?

His dad;Yea,we'll probably go.Why? I thought you followed Arsenal?

Kid:I do but i think i'll follow cork city too.

Dad:Ahh what do you wanna do that for, there not even a real team.You should support real soccer.

Kid:Whats Real Soccer?

Dad:The premiership.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

golly
07/09/2003, 6:52 PM
im of the opinion dat the eiercom league is real football the premiership is just a money inflated product made for tv sh*te sure the football is good but christ i was at man yoo and wolves earlier dis season and honest ive been more enertained out d cross more. d cross is real football its d grass roots i hate *****s who say follow d premiership and never actually go to a game. u cant beat live football f**k d sky tv fans deyll only cme out moan and leave twenty mins b4 d end dey are not wanted

Ali-G
08/09/2003, 8:43 AM
I left early. I thought it was the most boring game. I had given up on these money spinning friendlies, but decided to haul down from limerick last wednesday for the match. boring, boring, boring. never again.
Having said that, I have never lft a competitive city match before full time, even if we were losing 4-0 to rovers, i would stay till the end. The bolton match was hopeless, I had no problem in leaving with 10 minutes to go.

ccfcman
11/09/2003, 8:10 AM
problem is we el'rs havent signed a stg?1.04bln deal wit sky

Éanna
11/09/2003, 5:44 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
problem is we el'rs havent signed a stg?1.04bln deal wit sky

:confused: What?

Cityace
14/09/2003, 4:53 PM
I think he is saying we havent signed anything that allows a big channel to absolutely cram and shove football down our already swollen throats-Like sky have done with the premier****.