PDA

View Full Version : Mns - 28/7/08

Aaron
28/07/2008, 7:36 PM
Shocking refereeing in the Cobh-Bray match. The goal that was ruled out was shocking. An awful decision. On the penalty I thought the ref was right 1st time around. Look at the defnders trailing leg, he left it hanging to stop the player. It was a peno IMO

Rovers Maniac
28/07/2008, 7:41 PM
To be honest i thought he checked him with the elbow, anyway the more i watch the more i think penalty.

brianw82
28/07/2008, 7:41 PM
Disagree on the penalty. The defender's leg was there as a result of his stance - he was trying to turn to his left to go after the ball, the Cobh player went to the defender's right and tripped over his leg.
No penalty, but a shocking mess all the same.

thesilverfox
28/07/2008, 7:43 PM
Was great to see Ryan Babel winning that penalty for Liverpool in the Champions League about 5 years when he was about 17.

Plus Alan Cawleys red card makes ya proud to be from Sligo:D

Aaron
28/07/2008, 7:46 PM
Was great to see Ryan Babel winning that penalty for Liverpool in the Champions League about 5 years when he was about 17.

Plus Alan Cawleys red card makes ya proud to be from Sligo:D

I'd be :o. What an awful attempt of a punch. He fell trying to deck him:D

superfrank
28/07/2008, 7:51 PM
Goal should have been given. I think it wasn't given because Duggan appealed for a free when he was on the ground and defenders get the benefit of the doubt in those situations.

Don't think it was a peno. Defender was looking at the ball and was busy turning when the Cobh player ran into him. The messing about afterwards was laughable, but only last year Bray had a penalty given and taken away against Cork so it's not unprecedented.

Imo, the Cobh whinging is pointless. Who knows what would've happened if they had the goal given? The game would've panned out differently and the whinging just make yez look immature.

monzo
28/07/2008, 8:01 PM
Jeez another awful report from Gavin Jennings/Jenkins. Instead of telling us who was actually shooting, he decided to count the number of chances.

Didn't look a penalty to me. Also, why doesn't Henderson do the Cobh interviews anymore?

Sheridan
28/07/2008, 8:11 PM
He's an absolute goon, isn't he?

Shouldn't have been a penalty but the point is that the assistant is supposed to alert the ref to things he hasn't/can't have seen. Why was Stokes giving a penalty if he wasn't 100% sure?

Had to laugh at Gartland's goal being unavailable due to "rights issues" (i.e., they wouldn't stump up the pittance they were quoted.)

brianw82
28/07/2008, 9:19 PM
Also, why doesn't Henderson do the Cobh interviews anymore?

I'm assuming he doesn't want any more touchline bans, which he would definitely have received if he had given an interview after that game. Yer man who does them in his place has the most dour Cork accent I've ever heard!

pcplod
28/07/2008, 9:43 PM
if any thing good is to come from saturdays match it should make sure that they are never left to officiate in the league again it was unbelievable to have so many bad decisions in one match and it may end up costing us come the end of the season. i will say that we should have game wrapped up long before these incidents happened but things like these change games and unfortunatly for rams it ended up being one of the most heartbreaking nights in colemans park we were the better team and when it is so tight this season with three going down i think we are entitled to rant a bit

hedderman
28/07/2008, 9:45 PM
Wouldn't it be great to see an Apres Match sending up MNS?

Tony McDonnell showed himself to be a "possibly so merchant" with his answer to the first question Con Murphy answered. :p

superfrank
28/07/2008, 9:48 PM
if any thing good is to come from saturdays match it should make sure that they are never left to officiate in the league again it was unbelievable to have so many bad decisions in one match and it may end up costing us come the end of the season. i will say that we should have game wrapped up long before these incidents happened but things like these change games and unfortunatly for rams it ended up being one of the most heartbreaking nights in colemans park we were the better team and when it is so tight this season with three going down i think we are entitled to rant a bit
First of all, two buttons to the left of "m" there's something called a "full stop" that goes at the end of something called a "sentence". You've heard of them, perhaps?

Second, if you had won, you'd still only be on 14 points, the same as Harps and UCD. IIRC, your goal difference would be worse than UCD's so you'd still be in the relegation zone. And you're in the relegation zone because, with 19 games played, that's clearly your level.

Rovers Maniac
28/07/2008, 10:00 PM
He's an absolute goon, isn't he?

Shouldn't have been a penalty but the point is that the assistant is supposed to alert the ref to things he hasn't/can't have seen. Why was Stokes giving a penalty if he wasn't 100% sure?

Had to laugh at Gartland's goal being unavailable due to "rights issues" (i.e., they wouldn't stump up the pittance they were quoted.)

That Gavin Jennings is shocking does anybody like his style of reporting, like something ou see in Fr Ted

monzo
28/07/2008, 11:14 PM
First of all, two buttons to the left of "m" there's something called a "full stop" that goes at the end of something called a "sentence". You've heard of them, perhaps?

Looks like a 'B' to me.

GavinZac
28/07/2008, 11:24 PM

Funny looking full stops you've got thereb

Rovers fan
28/07/2008, 11:46 PM
First of all, two buttons to the left of "m" there's something called a "full stop" that goes at the end of something called a "sentence".

That's greatb I think I've just completed two of theses "sentences"b I'm so proud of myselfb

Rocky77
29/07/2008, 12:02 AM
That Gavin Jennings is shocking does anybody like his style of reporting, like something ou see in Fr Ted

I do actually. Fair play to him for taking a different approach to it, not the usual list of cliches you hear from other reporters. I find him entertaining.

niallsparky
29/07/2008, 12:08 AM
I do actually. Fair play to him for taking a different approach to it, not the usual list of cliches you hear from other reporters. I find him entertaining.

Yeah a bit of variety is always good.

DmanDmythDledge
29/07/2008, 12:30 AM
No you're not. It happens to everyone, many times a season. You lost- stop trying to makes excuses.

Funny looking full stops you've got thereb

Looks like a 'B' to me.
Am I the only one that has the same keyboard as superfrank?

sligoman
29/07/2008, 12:48 AM
Was great to see Ryan Babel winning that penalty for Liverpool in the Champions League about 5 years when he was about 17.Why the hell would that be great?:confused:

DmanDmythDledge
29/07/2008, 12:53 AM
Am I the only one that has the same keyboard as superfrank?
Shít, he said left.

Really should have edited that post. Ah well, **** it.

cheifo
29/07/2008, 1:02 AM

Must admit, I had it recorded and prompted by RMs Fr Ted remark found the
report most amusing.

niallsparky
29/07/2008, 2:42 AM
Why the hell would that be great?:confused:

It wasn't really Ryan Babel...

SwanVsDalton
29/07/2008, 2:42 AM
Alan Cawley's swipe was hilarious. Quite enjoyed 60, despite (or because of), Neil McCafferty.

Q - What's the longest you've spent looking at yourself in a mirror?
A - Ah couple of hours.

Also them having a very obvious go at his famous ex. :D

One thing I hate though is when O'Donoghue does a feature, the goal highlights are invariably cut short - the ones from Galway-Derry we're dreadful.

brianw82
29/07/2008, 7:44 AM
Why the hell would that be great?:confused:

They confused Ryan Babel with Markus Babbel.

Duggie
29/07/2008, 8:12 AM
wasnt a great show last night i thought, that cobh game seemed like a circus act. absolute farce. see the pats v rovers game. looked great with the big crowd, pity didnt see more of that game. pity jacqui isnt taking over from con tho....:o

pixiehead
29/07/2008, 8:59 AM
wasnt a great show last night i thought, that cobh game seemed like a circus act. absolute farce. see the pats v rovers game. looked great with the big crowd, pity didnt see more of that game. pity jacqui isnt taking over from con tho....:o

Would Ya ? :D

Duggie
29/07/2008, 9:10 AM

wha jacqui....oh ya i defo would;) i gotta stop this obsession on her :o

Larry 'da' Wyse
29/07/2008, 9:29 AM
Jeez another awful report from Gavin Jennings/Jenkins. Instead of telling us who was actually shooting, he decided to count the number of chances.

He even got that wrong too.
I thought the 'tackle' from O'Brien at the end of the Cobh game and the sending off should have been covered more. Looked bad.

A face
29/07/2008, 9:55 AM

I would anyway ;)

Its was alright i suppose. I thought the highlights of the City game could have been a bit better, i dunno.

The 60 second thing was alright, first three questions were related to his ex

Lost Archive was good, its great seeing the old footage.

Tony O'Donoghue should be good for the next few weeks

Denis The Red
29/07/2008, 12:06 PM
I'm assuming he doesn't want any more touchline bans, which he would definitely have received if he had given an interview after that game. Yer man who does them in his place has the most dour Cork accent I've ever heard!

And I thought he was boycotting RTE like Redknapp, Ferguson and Allerdyce did with the BBC over that Panorama thing.
He wasn't on Prime Time by any chance was he?

rambler14
29/07/2008, 3:46 PM
pity jacqui isnt taking over from con tho....:o

Where is Con going? Is he leaving he show?

Billy-Green
29/07/2008, 5:13 PM
I think Cobh's header should have counted and as for the penalty i dont think it should have been given. Fair play to the ref for having the balls to change his decision, the lines men are not there to be ignored

rambler14
29/07/2008, 5:35 PM
the lines men are not there to be ignored

There not there to over-rule the referee either! If thats the case all lino's should have whistles!

CameramanConka
29/07/2008, 6:08 PM
Where is Con going? Is he leaving he show?

He's off to China for a few weeks to cover the Olympics. Lucky bastid.

sullanefc
29/07/2008, 6:17 PM
Tony O'Donoghue should be good for the next few weeks

Lost all respect for that man with his sensationalist negative reporting on the six one last week. He is an idiot.

cheifo
30/07/2008, 12:25 AM
Jeepers Sullan, one bad report and poor El loving TOD becomes the divil.

We are EL supporters not Scientologists.

Hulsey
30/07/2008, 10:38 AM
There not there to over-rule the referee either! If thats the case all lino's should have whistles!

Linesmen are there to advise the referee. The ref made the wrong decision which the linesman pointed out to him. Fair play to him for doing his job unlike a lot of the useless b@stards they have running the line every week, who would have let an unjust penalty stand. The only complaint you's can have with the linesman is that he didn't alert the referee straight away, but with the makings of a brawl breaking out in the box, the linesmans first job is to help defuse this situation. The exact same thing happened to us against Cork at home last year, it does happen and is not a conspiracy against Cobh. Sounds like making excuses already for your relegation, should it happen, to me lads

Sheridan
30/07/2008, 9:35 PM
Jeepers Sullan, one bad report and poor El loving TOD becomes the divil.

We are EL supporters not Scientologists.
He knew perfectly well the agenda he was pushing with that report. There's nothing more despicable than someone who sells out his principles to placate his paymasters.

Redie
01/08/2008, 9:42 AM
I can't make my mind up about that Gavin Jennings and his quirkey reports but I am wondering how got involved with MNS because he actually reads the One O'Clock news on RTE Radio 1 - Standing in for Sean O'Rourke for the summer and I was listening to him the day the French President was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and when he was wrapping up the programme with the main Headlines he said...... "French President Nicolas Sarkozy is at Government Buildings meeting with An Taoiseach Bertie Ahearn"