PDA

View Full Version : Cork City at Home 3/8/2008

sligofan4ever
27/07/2008, 9:53 PM
Anyone think we will get atleast a point out of this one ? wouldnt play Curran in this one, was very non existant last friday. unfortuatly it looks like we could be heading for another loss considering the team they have compared to ours, but you never know when they just might not be themselves, if were to get anything out of it we not going to score much 1-1 i'd go for Raff to score. Would give Paul a start, wouldnt put Boco up front on his own or a midfielder up with him, and is Seamie back for this one ? and maybe if this lad on trial signs in time will he play ?

Brush
Coleman Peers Almeida Butler
Raff O' Grady Ventre Doherty
Boco McTiernan

SUBS:
Jennings
Noctor
Cash
McLoughlin
Curran

roversforever
28/07/2008, 6:36 AM
Anyone think we will get atleast a point out of this one ? wouldnt play Curran in this one, was very non existant last friday. unfortuatly it looks like we could be heading for another loss considering the team they have compared to ours, but you never know when they just might not be themselves, if were to get anything out of it we not going to score much 1-1 i'd go for Raff to score. Would give Paul a start, wouldnt put Boco up front on his own or a midfielder up with him, and is Seamie back for this one ? and maybe if this lad on trial signs in time will he play ?

Brush
Coleman Peers Almeida Butler
Doherty O' Grady Ventre Raff
Boco McTiernan

SUBS:
Jennings
Noctor
Cash
McLoughlin
Creane

yeah good plan,let's play doherty on the right and raff on the left!Curran on the bench no?

sligofan4ever
28/07/2008, 8:43 AM
yeah good plan,let's play doherty on the right and raff on the left!Curran on the bench no?

ohh, ive written in Creane instead of Curran by mistake, but tbh i'd give ross mcloughlin a chance ahead of Creane this time, hes probably the best player on the A Team and deserves his call up.

brianw82
28/07/2008, 9:37 AM
With the way Cork played last night, I wouldn't expect us to get anything out of this. We can't score (Harps don't count, coz they're ****e), and City will probably have more luck than they did against Pats.
Looking on the bright side, I'm sure we'll at least make things difficult for them.
Agree with Ross McLoughlin. He should be in there ahead of Creane, and possibly even McTiernan, as he's at least playing games recently.

LondonRover
28/07/2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah - I thought that Cork played relatively well last night and I'd imagine it'll be tough to get anything off them next week. Still, it's my first trip home to the Showgies this year and that usually brings a bit of luck!

pete
28/07/2008, 10:40 AM
Will be delighted to get any sort of win in this game. We are looking like a tired team & travel to Finland won't help. Mooney could get a goal on the break though.

What is the deal with Boco? Is he a natural forward? Seen him on TV & looks like he creates a lot of chances & good runner in space but his finishing is shocking - looks like he closes his eyes & hits as hard as he can...

Do ye still have Judge?

sligofan4ever
28/07/2008, 10:59 AM
Will be delighted to get any sort of win in this game. We are looking like a tired team & travel to Finland won't help. Mooney could get a goal on the break though.

What is the deal with Boco? Is he a natural forward? Seen him on TV & looks like he creates a lot of chances & good runner in space but his finishing is shocking - looks like he closes his eyes & hits as hard as he can...

Do ye still have Judge?

Boco certainly works hard, no doubt about it, but hes not a natural forward more of an attacking midfielder. Yes we still have Judge but he looks to be out for the rest of the season with a fractured cheekbone and damaged eye socket.

deecay
28/07/2008, 12:14 PM
Rommy does everything perfect apart from finish

sligofan4ever
31/07/2008, 1:23 PM
If Seamie's out I suppose it would be Raff playing right back again, and maybe David McDaid and Richie Ryan will get a shot in the team if their deals are finalised. Dont know who to put up front with Boco though.

Brush
Raff Peers Almeida Butler
Cash O' Grady Ventre Doherty
Boco McTiernan/McDaid

SUBS:
Jennings
Noctor
Ryan
Mcloughlin
McTiernan/ McDaid

red bellied
31/07/2008, 1:32 PM
McTiernan went off injured against City United so will have to wait and see if he is fit for Cork.

Cretaro and Peers suspended for Bray match

http://www.walkthechalk.com/extras.php?cid=19&id=248

sligoman
31/07/2008, 1:40 PM
Liam Kearney and Pat Sullivan suspended for Cork.

Redzer
01/08/2008, 7:49 AM
After the trashing they got last night, it could be good time to meet them. 1-0 Rovers

gustavo
01/08/2008, 9:09 AM
I was thinking the opposite Redzer , they might come out all guns blazing , Still I think we can get at least a draw out of them

brianw82
01/08/2008, 10:22 AM
Sullivan has been immense for Cork this year, he'll be missed badly by them. Kearney is a consistent nuisance, glad he's not playing.

Having said that, our record when Peers is not playing is truly woeful. Does this mean Ventre goes to centre half against goal machine Mooney?

As gustavo says, I think Cork will be massively up for this game after their hammering in Finland. I know we'll give it a right go and all, but the realist in me says that our chances of winning are slim (esp. without Peers)

sligofan4ever
01/08/2008, 12:11 PM
It dosent say anything on the website about Peers being out of this one, Wonder if Cookie will put raff at right back and if Seamie's fit enough put him in centre defence to mark Mooney.

gustavo
01/08/2008, 12:15 PM
I somehow doubt Cookie would use a game against a team with the top scorer in the league to try out Seamie at centre back , If Peersie doesnt make it Ventre will play CB I'd say

sligoman
01/08/2008, 12:29 PM
Who said Peers is out?:confused: He's suspended for Bray, not this game.

sligofan4ever
01/08/2008, 12:32 PM
Who said Peers is out?:confused: He's suspended for Bray, not this game.

He's actally right there, it would have said he was out on the website for this one anyways, but no matter what game it is hes still going to be a huge loss to the starting 11. Is Seamie going to have a late fitness test again ?

deecay
02/08/2008, 7:03 PM
Ross is in the squad

sligofan4ever
02/08/2008, 9:29 PM
Ross is in the squad

Wonder if he'll get playing though.

avvenalaf
02/08/2008, 10:20 PM
Just got 11/10 Cork. Happy days !

deecay
02/08/2008, 10:26 PM
Wonder if he'll get playing though.
Cook said he's play.All depends on how the games going id say

adamd164
02/08/2008, 10:31 PM
Any Sligo radio stations that stream online carrying this one lads? Cheers.

sligored
03/08/2008, 7:45 AM
Any Sligo radio stations that stream online carrying this one lads? Cheers.

try oceanfm - i would expect a fair bit of commentary mixed in with other sports

sligoman
03/08/2008, 10:59 AM
ocean fm do updates, that's the best you can hope for.

gustavo
03/08/2008, 4:34 PM
we didnt deserve anything today , far too laboured in the approach , no one willing to the game by the scruff of the neck , too many neat passes around the edge of their box that went nowhere , not enough crosses going into the box and when they did come in no one to get on the end of them ,also the short corners were a waste , having said that cork werent much better really

deecay
03/08/2008, 5:20 PM
Ryan was very good,we dont need Mc Daid,we have enough small strickers.Three centre halfs and pushing Seamie and Chris up was a genious idea

sligoman
03/08/2008, 5:52 PM
also the short corners were a wasteBetter than Doherty crossing them straight to Devine, I hope he's not on big wages because it's just a total waste of money if he is.

Cork were happy to sit back once they took the lead. We were all over them for most of the game, just never looked like scoring. Thought McDaid looks alright, better than most of our A team players anyway.

brianw82
03/08/2008, 6:21 PM
We deserved nothing from that game. Devine's shirt was spotless after the game.

If you don't force one save from the keeper, how can you expect to win? We were really, really poor in attack. Boco's shot near the end and that pointless short corner really said it all.

The most annoying thing was that Cork didn't even have to play well.

red bellied
03/08/2008, 8:39 PM
Cork went one up and shut up shop. It will state how bad the league is if they win it. Its a bad state of affairs when the home side plays most of the match with one striker 4-5-1. There was nothing on the left hand side for Butler to play off, the new lad played too much inside and didnt look comfortable and wandered off half the time. 3-5-2 s in the end up says it all and Ventre the man of the match. All in all it was like a pre season match.

avvenalaf
03/08/2008, 10:57 PM
Carbon copy of end of last season. It's possible that we won't win another game. Bray without Peers? Get lumped into Bray.

brianw82
04/08/2008, 9:43 AM
I've been having a think about it, but am struggling to come up with any positives. I suppose Ryan hasn't played much football recently, Antwerp would've finished their season in May, right? He had a few decent crossfield balls, but didn't seem fully sure of his role. He'll get better, no doubt.

McDaid seemed lively enough when he came on, without actually threatening to score. Curran as well, did more in his 5 minutes than most of the rest of the midfield.

Cook must change it up for the Bray game. It might be a blessing in disguise that Peers is suspended, because Danny will have to go to CB, leaving Ryan or Curran to partner O'Grady in the middle. I think Cretaro is suspended for this one too, so Cashy will probably come in. And for God's sake, put a real striker up front with Boco! McDaid or McLoughlin, they might not score hat-tricks but at least they're genuine forwards.

Redkenrover
04/08/2008, 10:03 AM
Hi guys,
couldnt make game yesterday, what was the crowd like?

roversman
04/08/2008, 10:04 AM
yes we need a passer of the ball in midfield and the best one we have at the moment is curran.he found his man the whole time even though he was on for a few mins. as i said before danny or conor cant pass a ball.so curran should be given a few games now.i know he lack pace but still gets into the box

sligored
04/08/2008, 10:07 AM
i thought we played ok. credit to cork for closing down the man on the ball. they defended with just mooney up front once they scored and i dont know if any team on this island would break down their back 9 players.

richie ryan was ok- at least he can put his foot on the ball and pass it. he had not played for a while

we cant realistically compete with cork but we tried like hell yesterday. credit to our players.

i think some of our fans need a dose of reality

brianw82
04/08/2008, 10:11 AM
i think some of our fans need a dose of reality

I'm not expecting us to beat Cork and Bohs 3-0, but I do think it's unacceptable to have ZERO shots on target at home for 90 minutes.

roversman
04/08/2008, 10:12 AM
we cant realistically compete with cork but we tried like hell yesterday. credit to our players.

i think some of our fans need a dose of reality[/QUOTE]

i agree with you there yes the players tried but we just cant compete with the top teams we can give them a good game
and also some of our fans would want to wake up to the real world we are not going to be world beaters and thats not running down the players or manager as they give their all.best team we had for a long time its just the way soccer is at the monent. MONEY TALKS

roversman
04/08/2008, 10:15 AM
I'm not expecting us to beat Cork and Bohs 3-0, but I do think it's unacceptable to have ZERO shots on target at home for 90 minutes.
but we dont have a striker in our team

sligoman
04/08/2008, 12:44 PM
And for God's sake, put a real striker up front with Boco!Boco's not a 'real striker' either.

deecay
04/08/2008, 1:23 PM
Hi guys,
couldnt make game yesterday, what was the crowd like?
I heard just over 1,200

red bellied
04/08/2008, 2:00 PM
I heard just over 1,200

Doubt that includes season tickets and the like. I reckon there was about 1700. Main stand was fairly full and about 250 around the rest of ground.

Rovers fan
04/08/2008, 7:30 PM
I heard just over 1,200
That can't be true. Maybe thats how many people paid in??? I would have guessed about 1600.

sligofan4ever
04/08/2008, 11:00 PM
Dissapointing display most of the match on Sunday. Conor O' Grady can't find a pass, was probably the worst player for Rovers on the pitch. Richie ryan can find a pass, but needs to that going forward more rather than back. Tought Ventre fully deserved MOTM hopefully he keeps it up and plays well for most of the season left.

sligoman
08/08/2008, 1:02 AM
Rommy copping a feel (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/displayimage.php?album=43&pos=12).