PDA

View Full Version : cobh match

naoise kennedy
26/07/2008, 8:46 PM
i'm just waiting for full time to say it's time for eddie to go, but some how we get the win last minute duggan goal.. we have lost against galway and finn harps and it looked like we were only getting a draw tonight.. it's not good enough, we have not scored in five matches (ok friendlies) let in 11 goals. i am saying it's time for eddie to go.. what do you say ?????????????

ramsfan
26/07/2008, 10:42 PM
officials were pathetic, ruined what could have been a good game:mad:

naoise kennedy
26/07/2008, 11:05 PM
officials were pathetic, ruined what could have been a good game:mad:

by all accounts bray were muck again tonight,, created two chances, ok they were taken but to create only two chances..

pcplod
26/07/2008, 11:07 PM
I think ye must have a fairy godmother in bray cos tonights result should have only ever happened in your dreams instead it is keeping all rams supporters awake as a nightmare

superfrank
26/07/2008, 11:32 PM
11 points clear of the bottom four. We finally got a win. I can't complain. It was a must win game and, one way or another, we got the three points.

I don't think Eddie should be sacked because of that.

naoise kennedy
26/07/2008, 11:43 PM
11 points clear of the bottom four. We finally got a win. I can't complain. It was a must win game and, one way or another, we got the three points.

I don't think Eddie should be sacked because of that.

sorry can't agree with you.. they had a good goal disallowed and a peno given to them and then taken away. they should have been 2 or 3 up when duggan scored, we are not playing well how can we get this bad after the mid break.

luka
26/07/2008, 11:49 PM
sorry can't agree with you.. they had a good goal disallowed and a peno given to them and then taken away. they should have been 2 or 3 up when duggan scored, we are not playing well how can we get this bad after the mid break.

No offence lads but ye were all ****e except for the keeper. The officials got ye the result. I firmly believe that we need a serious look at the standard of officiating in oue game here. They were totally and absolutely ****e. You wouldn't see those kind of decisions at a Scholl Boys game.

Terry
27/07/2008, 8:28 AM
I would say to give gormley more time to sort it out. Ye have a good points gap between yourselves and the relegation battle and we all seen how well bray can play earlier in the season. Bray are defintely going to stay up this season so lets see how he copes till the end of season and then let the club decide his future over the winter period.

superfrank
27/07/2008, 10:46 AM
Maybe this will give the players the confidence to go on a better run. They played poorly and won, reffing decisions aside.

And despite how poorly we've played, we are STILL 11 points clear of the relegation battle.

lowflyingseagul
27/07/2008, 11:24 AM
makes up for the bohs penalty that was given against us

dublinwanderer
27/07/2008, 12:53 PM
ok, let me start by sayin, what a game!!! best trip of the season!!! i love winning games like that.... play badly, but the lads dig in and somewhere get a win :) lets hope this win turns the rest of the season around and we build on it from here on in. imo i'd give eddie till the end of the season then let the club assess the situation.

duggo your a legend!

Hulsey
27/07/2008, 4:19 PM
To be honest, the peno decision being given in the first place looked a laughable one so lets wait till monday night before saying if the lino got the decision right or wrong. The dissalowed goal looked dodgy though.
End of the day these things do even themselves out, we had the exact same thing happen to us against Galway last week

BrayUnknowns
28/07/2008, 8:30 AM
i'm just waiting for full time to say it's time for eddie to go, but some how we get the win last minute duggan goal.. we have lost against galway and finn harps and it looked like we were only getting a draw tonight.. it's not good enough, we have not scored in five matches (ok friendlies) let in 11 goals. i am saying it's time for eddie to go.. what do you say ?????????????

I'd say we are having our best season in a long long time and your looking for the head of our manager?

I really can't remember the last time we were this clear of the relegation pack at this point of the season, 11 points clear of the bottom 4 (1 point behind Rovers and 3 points off Sligo and Drogheda) and your looking for Eddie's head? or is it just because he loaned out Franco that you want some revenge?

Did we win on Saturday evening? yes, why are you complaining then? We absolutely battered Galway in the 2nd half last week, some really good football was played at times but we just didn't have any luck, this week we were pretty much battered but we had luck. These things happen in football.... and by the way Cobh are a seriously hard side to beat at home, they have a 2nd to none record at home after the last 2/3 seasons.

What did you expect from this season Naoise? Honestly...

I think any realistic Bray fan would have said it was to stay up and build for next season.

SalvadorSanchez
28/07/2008, 3:56 PM
Did Daryl Robson play? and if he did how did he do? Heard that the refereeing was out of this world bad...... we're mighty relieved down here in Galway with that result.....

naoise kennedy
28/07/2008, 7:13 PM
I'd say we are having our best season in a long long time and your looking for the head of our manager?

I really can't remember the last time we were this clear of the relegation pack at this point of the season, 11 points clear of the bottom 4 (1 point behind Rovers and 3 points off Sligo and Drogheda) and your looking for Eddie's head? or is it just because he loaned out Franco that you want some revenge?

Did we win on Saturday evening? yes, why are you complaining then? We absolutely battered Galway in the 2nd half last week, some really good football was played at times but we just didn't have any luck, this week we were pretty much battered but we had luck. These things happen in football.... and by the way Cobh are a seriously hard side to beat at home, they have a 2nd to none record at home after the last 2/3 seasons.

What did you expect from this season Naoise? Honestly...

I think any realistic Bray fan would have said it was to stay up and build for next season.
i don't expect being battered by teams below us as acceptable, why must we accept loosing to galway twice and finn harps as bad luck and then getting a win out of being very much battered again by cobh.to be honest we are playing muck football at the moment, we have lost against these teams the teams we must beat to stay up, why must we accept that we are propably safe and then to take the foot of the pedal, why can't we expect the good form to continue it's not as if it's the end of the season and the players are tired... franco is gone water under the bridge and fair play to him he was'nt going to get his game here... but i am a bray fan and want the best out of our players..

Bray Head
29/07/2008, 8:25 AM
i don't expect being battered by teams below us as acceptable, why must we accept loosing to galway twice and finn harps as bad luck and then getting a win out of being very much battered again by cobh.to be honest we are playing muck football at the moment, we have lost against these teams the teams we must beat to stay up, why must we accept that we are propably safe and then to take the foot of the pedal, why can't we expect the good form to continue it's not as if it's the end of the season and the players are tired... franco is gone water under the bridge and fair play to him he was'nt going to get his game here... but i am a bray fan and want the best out of our players..

Don't forget we beat Derry, Drogheda & Shamrock Rovers at home and drew away to Cork, Bohs & St. Pats so we must be doing something right. Ok recent results have been poor as well as the bad start but anyone would have taken our position at the start of the season. We won't be involved in the relegation battle and the object of the season was to survive in the premier which it looks like we have done.

BrayUnknowns
29/07/2008, 1:25 PM

I don't think anyone involved with Bray would find getting battered by teams acceptable. IMO only one team has battered us this season and in saing that the score line was quite flattering to them. Derry beat us 4-0 in the Brandywell but we should have been leading at half time in the game. Cork beat us 3-0 as did Sligo, but they were not batterings.

We have always struggled no matter who was in charge or who was playing for us against the so called lesser sides and put it up to the big boys. This has been a problem for us for many a year.

The fact of the matter is that we are 11 points clear of the relegation zone, We are one of only 3 part time teams in the league and IMO we are doing pretty well this season, yes we haven't played up to our potential in a few games but that's what happens to part time teams against full time teams.

The big difference is that full time teams get a whole lot more rest and recoup time than Bray, this is very important for players to play at their best week in week out, our players train just as much as full time teams but don't anywere near the same amount of time to rest time to get ready for games, this is a seriously big factor in why we are so inconsistant.

lowflyingseagul
29/07/2008, 7:52 PM
well done linesman, clearly not a penalty after watching it on TV

notever
30/07/2008, 10:58 PM
Last week we had six great chances and dominated the second half yet we got nothing.Against Cobh we were very poor overall but we get three points. Football.....its a funny old game.

centre mid
31/07/2008, 6:46 PM
well done linesman, clearly not a penalty after watching it on TV

Yeah no penalty but Cobhs disallowed goal should have stood. Duggan took his goal well.