PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk match on Monday

holidaysong
25/07/2008, 2:42 PM
I plan getting the train down from Dublin for this one, with a lift back hopefully. Could someone tell me how far the ground is from the train station? Will there be a problem getting a taxi around 6.30?

Longfordian
25/07/2008, 3:10 PM
Flancare is about three miles out. Turn right when you get out of the station and there's a taxi rank at the square about 200-300 yards away (rough guess). You shouldn't have any trouble at that time I wouldn't think.

holidaysong
25/07/2008, 3:25 PM
Flancare is about three miles out. Turn right when you get out of the station and there's a taxi rank at the square about 200-300 yards away (rough guess). You shouldn't have any trouble at that time I wouldn't think.

Thanks Longfordian. Would you recommend going straight to the ground for a pre-match drink or having one in town before going out to Flancare?

RonnieB
25/07/2008, 5:26 PM
You wont get any drink at the ground :( stay in town for a few first.

deecay
26/07/2008, 12:38 AM
SRIWFC will be present :)

RonnieB
26/07/2008, 8:54 AM
Sad state of affairs when the SRIWFC are some of our best fans :) No disrespect meant but the locals sure as hell like to stay at home and come out for the finals. Shower of *******.

Conroy
26/07/2008, 10:32 AM
Dunno if i can make this game or not, Money is the key.....

On the game itsself hoping we come away with a win, Enjoyed my last trip there. Numbers wish i doudt we wll have as much as the last time with it being a Monday and all.

Rovers1
27/07/2008, 12:47 PM
loking forward to this one, havent been is Flancare since the last Dundalk game...3-0 i think?

Forza Wex!

RonnieB
28/07/2008, 10:45 PM
Seems to be serious unrest in the camp, Iarlaith is now gone apparently. A refusal to train so they say down Flancare way half of the story no doubt.

Played pretty well tonight given the horror shows recently. Should have taken the lead but alas as has happened we didnt. Made to pay for missing our chances in the end, a good goal for Dundalks first. Then we swap the back four around........ dear lord why? Two more ****e goals and game over.

Also is there some reason why Mr Perth cant be playing this year? Is their registration issues? Or is he not able to? Although his current physical condition would say hell no but hello cheeseburger. We need something in the middle of the pitch and a half fit VP would certainly give us something.

For a team with Mckenna back we got in a grand total of one decent cross in the 92nd minute... everyone is getting sucked into the centre. That and we are as unfit as hell.

LTFCfan
28/07/2008, 10:48 PM
loking forward to this one, havent been is Flancare since the last Dundalk game...3-0 i think?

Forza Wex!

:(
Thought things were looking good before half time, then the same old story.
How can they consistently fall apart in the second half...
Can we score a goal next time please?
*Also is Davoren gone?

*EDIT:seems RonnieB is psychic!
Feck sake, Iarlaith was the few classy players we had.

Also I think McKenna is like a Phantom on the pitch, I know he's around but, what is he doing?
No goals, cant win a ball in the air 9/10 times...
The new lad Jason ? looks good tho..

RonnieB
28/07/2008, 10:56 PM
Jason looks ok so far, a bit easily shoved off the ball but he is a slender build and wont win much in the air but has some good touches. We play entirely through the middle, we have a tall man up front put a few balls down the fucing wings for the love of god.

The scoreline for once lately, flattered the opposition.

Sure there we go dark days as always lately but I will still be there every week.

Massop 10
28/07/2008, 11:11 PM
Oh Lord above can they look any more disinterested ???? Not talking about the fans but the team ! Jason Oladele looks like he is wants to win but needs guidance and quick. He was caught out of position a lot tonight by just following the ball around and not been aware of where he should be. Although that can be said for a lot of the team ! Just for the record I'm not having a go, I'm just pointing out what i saw on the pitch tonight and I hope it will be fixed soon as I'm sure all the coaching staff saw it also.

RonnieB
28/07/2008, 11:17 PM
I'm sure all the coaching staff saw it also.

I am also sure they did ;) A good roaring session will fix them.

eamoss
29/07/2008, 10:19 AM
Is there any footage of this game?

holidaysong
29/07/2008, 10:54 AM
I think it was Davoren that was talking to Robbie Martin in front of the main stand for most of half time, was it?

The Lilywhites
29/07/2008, 11:56 AM
I think it was Davoren that was talking to Robbie Martin in front of the main stand for most of half time, was it?

Sean Prunty.

holidaysong
29/07/2008, 2:26 PM
Oh ok thanks. Has Gill managed him before? It was all handshakes and smiles between Gill and Prunty before the second half started..

Longfordian
29/07/2008, 2:44 PM
Don't think so but Sean's been around a while I'm sure they've met before along the way.

Conroy
30/07/2008, 11:26 AM
Dessie Baker has signed with us(Dundalk) today, Great signing IMO.

Longfordian
30/07/2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah Dessie should do well for ye if suitably enthused. Well able to bang in goals in this division.

Martinho II
30/07/2008, 4:54 PM
Yeah Dessie should do well for ye if suitably enthused. Well able to bang in goals in this division.

is that a loan deal or permanent??

The Lilywhites
30/07/2008, 5:09 PM
Loan.

Martinho II
30/07/2008, 5:32 PM
good move for ye.. so thats him jamie duffy robbie martin and ian ryan from our team last season..