PDA

View Full Version : Two out

pineapple stu
24/07/2008, 12:23 PM
So it seems. Darren Forsyth and Greg Bolger played for Shels against Leeds last night. Think they're both on trial for now. Not major losses if they do go I suppose. Bolger's handy, but we're well covered in centre mid, and Forsyth, although he's the top scorer in the entire A League (last I saw anyway), hasn't transferred that to the senior team yet. Though it is another forward less...

John83
24/07/2008, 12:32 PM
Forsyth's been very poor for the senior team. I really didn't see him ever making the step up. Bolger showed a bit of promise, but wasn't going to get much playing time. I'm not going to lose any sleep over either of them.

Poor Student
24/07/2008, 1:06 PM
Didn't Forsyth just play over half an hour in our last league game? A bit strange altough I'd agree with John in that he doesn't look like being able to make the step up to the seniors. I'd be disappointed to see Bolger go. If we get relegated we'll probably lose McFaul and Finn and the lower level and loss of players could have enabled him to slot into the senior team. I'd have waited until the end of the season to make a decision on him.

DmanDmythDledge
26/07/2008, 11:15 PM
If Bolger goes we will only have one attacking option in CM, unless we can manage to sign Duggan. Also, as Poor Student mentions, he could be an important player next season when Finn and McFaul leave. Forsyth would be no loss.