PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Ladies

37Beour
24/07/2008, 8:13 AM
The ladies play their first official Senior Cup 2008 game against Monaghan Untd at 3pm in the Boro Club this Sunday.....

They played their first game together last night in Mungrets pitch against Aisling Annacotty Ladies and lost 3-1.

They are a weakened with the loss of Annacotty players this year due to AA's own inclusion in Senior Cup as a club by themselves but should progress to second round and beat Monaghan on Sunday....:ball:

Monkfish
24/07/2008, 8:47 AM
but should progress to second round and beat Monaghan on Sunday....:ball:

Dunno, iv seen Monaghan ladies 'in action' and they can be quite tasty. :eek:

gael353
27/07/2008, 6:53 PM
The ladies lost 2 1 today at the boro. good second half performance in a game where the wind dominated the play. I dont have names but i thought all the girls played well and were the equal in most depts to the vastly experienced Monaghan team. Its a pity they had to do without the AA players but when their time comes best of luck to them.

Magicme
27/07/2008, 9:20 PM
3 seasons playing football is whats known as vastly experienced is it? Heard it was a good game and a tough battle so well done to Limerick for putting it up to the Mons.

LK37oldskool
28/07/2008, 12:34 PM
3 seasons playing football is whats known as vastly experienced is it? Heard it was a good game and a tough battle so well done to Limerick for putting it up to the Mons.

3 seasons is a lot of experience when you consider that the Limerick girls played their 1st match only last wednesday and only been training for the last 6 weeks or so. Very good performance though and played with a high intencity. Best of luck to them in the Munster cup.
Well done to those that turned with to support them.Also thanks to the Boro for the facilities and layin on food for the teams after the game.

Magicme
28/07/2008, 2:13 PM
3 seasons is a lot of experience when you consider that the Limerick girls played their 1st match only last wednesday and only been training for the last 6 weeks or so. Very good performance though and played with a high intencity. Best of luck to them in the Munster cup.
Well done to those that turned with to support them.Also thanks to the Boro for the facilities and layin on food for the teams after the game.

I know that, just didnt think 3 years was vast experience and considering hardly any of our women had ever played soccer before they joined the Mons it was a good achievement.
As I said though, apparently your team battled hard and looks like they will have a bright future.