PDA

View Full Version : Gate receipts from cup games

brianw82
22/07/2008, 7:26 PM
Does the away team get a cut of the gate receipts like they do in the FA Cup?

deecay
22/07/2008, 7:30 PM
Can you post without reference to English football? You seem to be on the wrong forum

brianw82
22/07/2008, 7:51 PM
Simple question. If you don't know the answer then don't post.

Réiteoir
22/07/2008, 8:04 PM
iirc - it's normally split 50/50

Terry
22/07/2008, 8:13 PM
i thought it was split equally 3 ways between the 2 participating teams and the FAI ?

brianw82
22/07/2008, 8:13 PM
Thanks Réiteoir.

Has a non-league team ever moved a cup match before to the larger team's ground?

deecay
22/07/2008, 8:15 PM
Simple question. If you don't know the answer then don't post.
I do know the answer,and yes il do what you tell me to do:rolleyes:

sligored
22/07/2008, 8:20 PM
i think it is 40% home and away team and 20% for the fai

Battery Rover
22/07/2008, 8:21 PM
I think the FAI get a certain % of total to the FAI and then split 60 /40 between the two clubs with home team paying the expenses but someone who deals with this in their club might know better. One of the Galway lads perhaps.

Joey Killester
22/07/2008, 8:37 PM
Thanks Réiteoir.

Has a non-league team ever moved a cup match before to the larger team's ground?

Yeah this happens, 2006 our game was moved to Tolka aginst a non-league side I cant remeber. Im sure they've been loads of other cases.

A face
22/07/2008, 8:38 PM
Can you post without reference to English football? You seem to be on the wrong forum

I do know the answer,and yes il do what you tell me to do:rolleyes:

Deecay, STOP TROLLING. brainw82 is entitled to post on this forum and reference whatever he wants to make his point. Stop being so hostile.

passerrby
22/07/2008, 10:33 PM
battery is spot on as for your question johnny lots of small clubs opt for the away venue to get a good gate i think derry moved there game againist us to gorakeegan a number of years ago to capitolise on our support

Battery Rover
22/07/2008, 10:36 PM
Which is why I am quite happy with playing Galway in Terryland in the Cup. Still a chance of winning and it is worth more money to us not having to worry with security, referees expenses etc

Paddyfield
22/07/2008, 10:43 PM

I think he meant the FAI Cup.

smasher
23/07/2008, 9:14 AM
Thanks Réiteoir.

Brianw, some guys get easily offended when simple suggestions or questions re. LOI are posited, eg your FAI cup question. Why is this? When I suggested some ideas as to how and why attendances have been so pitiful at most LOI matches, the response was highly critical from most quarters. How do you understand such a mindset and is there a solution?

sullanefc
23/07/2008, 11:35 AM
Brianw, some guys get easily offended when simple suggestions or questions re. LOI are posited, eg your FAI cup question. Why is this? When I suggested some ideas as to how and why attendances have been so pitiful at most LOI matches, the response was highly critical from most quarters. How do you understand such a mindset and is there a solution?
You are not comparing like with like to be fair.

Brianw posted a good question but an idiotic rovers fan responded.

You posted idiotic posts in another thread and were put in your place.

KevB76
23/07/2008, 12:35 PM

Yeah , I believe our league cup match v Cork this year was moved to Turners Cross.
Still had less than 200 attendance though, it probably cost the squad more to travel there than we made off the gate.

sullanefc
23/07/2008, 12:39 PM
FAI cup gates are split 40-40-20 iirc.

[MOD EDIT: Post responded to deleted.]

GavinZac
23/07/2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks Réiteoir.

yes, happens pretty often when City draw a non-league team from our general area.

Dodge
23/07/2008, 1:34 PM
yes, happens pretty often when City draw a non-league team from our general area.

Is in not just Munster Senior League teams renting the ground? Much the same as yourselves?

GavinZac
23/07/2008, 1:58 PM
Is in not just Munster Senior League teams renting the ground? Much the same as yourselves?

Nope, the terms of the MFA's stewardship of the ground states that when it comes to FAI-sanctioned games, the decision lies with the current League of Ireland occupants. Indeed, the MFA's stewardship of the ground is entirely dependent upon them hosting a League of Ireland club.

Hows the parking for the pub coming along? :D