PDA

View Full Version : crowe is being watched by.......

Gary
03/09/2003, 1:55 PM
I have it on good authority that glen Crowe is being scouted by................................

LINCOLN. Keith Alexander was watching him monday night. I think that the Lincoln lads actually do think they may get him.

If they do itll be an absolute joke.

see here (http://www.redimps.com/cgi-bin/mboard/mboard.pl?read=57944)

pete
03/09/2003, 2:06 PM
Who are Lincoln?

ger121
03/09/2003, 3:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gary
[B]I have it on good authority that glen Crowe is being scouted by................................

LINCOLN. Keith Alexander was watching him monday night. I think that the Lincoln lads actually do think they may get him.

If they do itll be an absolute joke.

Yeah I read that in yesterdays evening Herald. They were at the Bohs/rovers game. Their manager I think, said he was looking at a striker and maybe a midfielder.

I think Lincoln are in Division 3, why would he want to go there.

pete
03/09/2003, 3:35 PM
Originally posted by ger121
I think Lincoln are in Division 3, why would he want to go there.

Probably the only reason any player would go to the english 2nd or 3rd division is money.

tiktok
03/09/2003, 9:42 PM
Kabia,

a great striking tradition so...
seriously, Crowe would have been mad even to consider it, i assume he's on good wages at Bohs.

ger121
04/09/2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
Kabia,

a great striking tradition so...
seriously, Crowe would have been mad even to consider it, i assume he's on good wages at Bohs.

When Bohs played Rosenberg the Herald said that most of their players where on €150 000 and that Bohs players where on a third of that. So I'd said Crowe makes €50 000+

liamon
04/09/2003, 10:00 AM
He's on decent money and on the edges of the Irish squad. If he was playing third division footie in ingerland he's never get near the senior squad again.

He won't be going there.

pineapple stu
04/09/2003, 1:41 PM
Saw that in the paper today, but appraently it's Robbie Doyle they're after?

Either way, Crowe turned down a few moves to Division Three clubs last season, and Doyle (or Crowe) should do the same - there may be more money in England, but Lincoln aren't going to be in the CL anytime soon...

Bluebeard
04/09/2003, 1:49 PM
Robbie Doyle is a much better player than Lincoln can boast at the moment, and the Sincil Bank does not exactly feature regularly in glamour fixtures. Doyle doesn't strike me as a Trevor Molloy type either.

ger121
04/09/2003, 3:07 PM
Doyle doesn't strike me as a Trevor Molloy type either.

A Player who changes his clubs as often as some people change their clothes:D[B]

pineapple stu
04/09/2003, 5:40 PM
Originally posted by ger121
Doyle doesn't strike me as a Trevor Molloy type either.

A Player who changes his clubs as often as some people change their clothes:D[B]

Sure Robbie's on his fourth club in four seasons! Blackburn, Bray, UCD, Bohs.

Shelsman
05/09/2003, 9:09 PM
It's a pity that this even got any coverage. Maybe the papers were desperate for a story? They should at least have add 'But Lincoln have no chance of signing any Bohs players' ?

Stephen Kenny should've come out and said that a Bohs player leaving to the English 3rd Div would be a big step down.

ger121
05/09/2003, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by Shelsman
It's a pity that this even got any coverage. Maybe the papers were desperate for a story? They should at least have add 'But Lincoln have no chance of signing any Bohs players' ?

Stephen Kenny should've come out and said that a Bohs player leaving to the English 3rd Div would be a big step down.

Well said but you know the media, full of brains when it comes to Ireland/Premier League, however when it comes to el all logic goes out the window.

d13bohs
06/09/2003, 10:34 AM
Crowe will not go to Lincoln, he would only go back to england if a top div 1 side came in for him, the report in one of the papers said that they were looking at Hawkins as well, there's no way he'd go back after his Doncaster Rovers experience. It would be a bad move for Robbie Doyle too.

Who the **** are Lincoln?