PDA

View Full Version : FAI licensing

Dodge
03/09/2003, 11:25 AM
Prefer not to us UEFA as this doesn't really conern them as the FAI drew up the regulations.

FAI Licensing Executive Summary (.pdf file) (http://www.fai.ie/NR/rdonlyres/epykmjgm2qrpzcvgcql57gzvgnck6ncq52gvr2swm2ivwjkku4 56zgycrzswrubs5sfgus4mlcpiej/CLMV14.pdf)

How does your club fair?

There was an excellent piece in the Cork Pats programme about how Cork are nearly there and I know Pats are happy enough but do you think your club will get it?

Some of the main points
[list=1]
1,500 seats for premier, 500 for first
exits on two sides of the ground
no loose surfaces (Cork amd others are going to have a helluva job with this)
metered turnstiles
financial declarations (anyone owing money to other teams/players will not get it)
[/list=1]

They are not overly restrictive TBH and most clubs should reach those levels.

pete
03/09/2003, 11:36 AM
Been a few good articles in the city programme explaining how the club is progressing. The cross does seem to have a few issues with loose ground & signs 'n stuff but none look like difficult matters.

Biggest thing for the cross seems to be the shed - as described in the programme it can be left alone if plans in place to replace it by November, otherwise will need some work on only to be knocked in the next couple of years.

If this happened a few years ago i'd be concerned how CCFC would deal with but the cliub is much better organised now to take this seriously.

In the long run the licencing will be a good thing but can't see how tears will be avoided in the short term.

btw that pdf link no work.

Dodge
03/09/2003, 12:40 PM
Click here (http://www.fai.ie/FAI/Domestic/ClubLicensing.htm) and go to the bootom for that executive summary

pete
03/09/2003, 4:32 PM
Seen that list before & now that i've looked at it again i'd be surprised if any 1st division club could meet those requirements. The only real sections that the 1st division have less requirements are thew capacities. I could speculate on the clubs but i think we all know who they'll be.