PDA

View Full Version : Away Gear Colour

Neil
02/09/2003, 11:26 PM
We've had white, red and navy in the last three years.

What do people prefer?

James
03/09/2003, 7:18 AM
red by a mile, and i'll keep saying it till i'm...red in the face :)
if we cant have a decent red home jersey (pity) then at least the away one shud be red !!

Ruairi
03/09/2003, 7:40 AM
I'll go with red too. i like the navy one, but if it was red instead of navy we'd be laughin cause the design of the away one is nice

NorthoftheLee
03/09/2003, 8:23 AM
definitely red......in the style of the current one

patsh
03/09/2003, 8:44 AM
I think the rule they use in American football should be used by all teams in the league here.
You have one main colour in you jersey, and one other colour for trim, in City's case green and red.
Then your change of jersey must be predominantly white, with the other 2 colours for design.
I'd like to see our current away jersey, with the green replacing the navy, and the white instead of the green as out main jersey, and then reverse the green and white for the second jersey.

niamh
03/09/2003, 8:57 AM
I think a reverse of the current home jersey with white as the main colour would be good.

b_mcsweeney
03/09/2003, 9:38 AM
i know its not cork soccer tradition, but i liked the red home kit. if i'd a choice i'd go for that and then whatever with the away kit. as it stands though, would like to see at least one of our jerseys red (not that i've anything against the current navy one, its a nice jersey in as far as it goes)

pete
03/09/2003, 9:39 AM
Its fairly pointless having a red away jersey as so many home teams play in red that'll barely ever be used - $hel$, Pats, Derry & even Bohs & Longford are predominantly red...

White is the most practical.

b_mcsweeney
03/09/2003, 9:55 AM
call me a traditionalist, but u should only have to wear your away kit when theres a clash of colours between the two teams. i hate seeing teams wearing away kit for no reason. if citys first strip is green, they should only wear the away one when they play a team who wear green as well (shams, sligo). why would we ever need our away kit against shels, pats et al? does anyone remember the game between holland and brazil where they both wore away kit? as if you'd confuse the f**king bright yellow and orange like

Schumi
03/09/2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by b_mcsweeney
a team who wear green as well (shams, sligo) Sligo wear red!

tiktok
03/09/2003, 8:30 PM
i much prefer having a grren 1st shirt than a red, the latter was a sad nod to the GAA tradition as opposed to the soccer tradition in the city.
agree that a red away shirt would never be seen, but then the navy one should only be seen against rovers away.
i'd go for the navy one all the same, it's a class shirt.

yur man
03/09/2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by b_mcsweeney
does anyone remember the game between holland and brazil where they both wore away kit? as if you'd confuse the f**king bright yellow and orange like

i tink that might have been due to the fifa regulations that the teams have to be easily recognisable on black n white tele's. for the not so well off, makes sense too

as for city, i really like the new away top, its much lighter than the green one (which im waitin for winter to wear :) ) id like the current home top with a light material and worn at away games untill it clashes

liamon
04/09/2003, 8:37 AM
Take a look around the X these days and everyone is wearing the navy away shirt. People seem to like it. Hell, I like it.
Given the popularity of the away shirt, I'd guess navy is likely to be kept for while.

Peadar
04/09/2003, 8:40 AM
Originally posted by James
red by a mile

Why then James, have you chosen the white strip as your avitar?

Originally posted by liamon
everyone is wearing the navy away shirt.

To be fair Liamon if the quality of the green and white home shirt was half decent I'd say it would have been popular too.
It's like a wooly jumper!
Le Coq-up have rarely produced anything for us remotely decent in quality.