View Full Version : MNS - 21st July 08

Pages : [1] 2

A face
21/07/2008, 10:13 AM
http://www.rte.ie/mns

mns@rte.ie

Mr A
21/07/2008, 10:18 AM
I heard that this has been moved to a later slot for this week as the Harps performance was such a horror show that it was rated for viewing by over 18's only.

forza rovers
21/07/2008, 12:13 PM
I heard that this has been moved to a later slot for this week as the Harps performance was such a horror show that it was rated for viewing by over 18's only.a bit off topic is your team semi-pro or pro?

Mr A
21/07/2008, 12:18 PM
Allegedly fulltime.

forza rovers
21/07/2008, 12:21 PM
Allegedly fulltime.sum diet their on they had like 20 pizza delivered to the ground

Battery Rover
21/07/2008, 12:26 PM
sum diet their on they had like 20 pizza delivered to the ground

They did that after the cup match versus us as well. Apparently it is something to aid recovery after a match.

Mr A
21/07/2008, 12:26 PM
Well after a hard night of humiliating the club and its supporters you're bound to have an appetite.

headtheball
21/07/2008, 12:29 PM
sum diet their on they had like 20 pizza delivered to the ground

Heard this before from a Harps fan a few months ago and did'nt believe him. So much for heathly diet for professional footballers. That is shocking stuff. :o

Dazzy
21/07/2008, 12:32 PM
Every team that plays in the Brandywell always order in a good lot of pizzas after the game.

passinginterest
21/07/2008, 12:32 PM
Heard this before from a Harps fan a few months ago and did'nt believe him. So much for heathly diet for professional footballers. That is shocking stuff. :o

Sean Connor used to do the same thing at Bohs. Don't think it's that unusual. It's just energy replacement.

micls
21/07/2008, 12:51 PM

Our team always get pizzas after the games too. Mathews started it this season

SalvadorSanchez
21/07/2008, 1:33 PM
A load of Dominos Pizzas arrive at Terryland at the end of every game....
why not a slab of Heineken and 1/2 ounce of dope while they're at it...?
I've thought about this... I think our back four have the dope and beers before the game..... that's why we ship silly goals.....

dublinred
21/07/2008, 1:35 PM

Our players normally go for pints after the game builds a better team spirit than pizzas.

GavinZac
21/07/2008, 1:59 PM

I doubt very much it was 20 pizzas but a lot of clubs would order in 5 or 6 and divide them out in the dressing room after the game. A few slices of pizza (bread and cheese - carbs) to re-energise yourself after 90 minutes of running isn't going to ruin a week's diet of chicken and pasta (more carbs) and boosts team spirits while giving them an excuse to sit down and talk about the game just gone instead of hopping onto the bus with earphones or into their cars and going home.

brendy_éire
21/07/2008, 3:21 PM
Drogs get pizzas too. Apparently, for us anyway, the pizzas are from Domino's because they're lower in fat.

sporting
21/07/2008, 3:29 PM
80 percent of the teams in the league get pizzas after game.

forza rovers
21/07/2008, 6:31 PM
Our players normally go for pints after the game builds a better team spirit than pizzas.then then went on the rip

TheFingallian
21/07/2008, 6:34 PM
Loads of Jaffa Cakes is the way to go.

sporting
21/07/2008, 6:38 PM
there is only so many jaffa cakes people can eat. team get them be4 and at half time. last thing they want is another jaffa cake after it

gspain
21/07/2008, 6:41 PM

Strange you mention that - 2 of our players were eating Jaffa cakes after the Shels game.

I was surprised at the time and never heard it mentioned before.

sullanefc
21/07/2008, 7:02 PM
Pizza's are not that bad to eat for sports people. If it were burgers & curry chips i'd be getting worried.

I remember Cork hurler Sean Og O'Hailpin saying that many of the Cork team eat pizza as well. One of the few treats that they are allowed to have.

Jaffa cakes are another energy giving treat that sports people enjoy.

superfrank
21/07/2008, 7:52 PM
I know some Harps fan said that Parkhouse was booked initially for a nothing foul and I agree. Can't see what he's been booked for in the first place.

I think Kevin Hunt is a great addition to the panel. He is a lot more relaxed than the other lads.

Sheridan
21/07/2008, 8:01 PM
I thought Hunt looked very nervous. :confused: Shame he won't be on again though.

Mixed show this week but having the live updates from Richmond Park was a nice touch.

dortie
21/07/2008, 8:03 PM
Parkhouse must be eating Domino's 16" Double Decadence, extra chessy crusts with multiple dips....i reckon a few packets of meanies too once he hits Ballyboofaay.

dortie
21/07/2008, 8:05 PM
I thought Hunt looked very nervous. :confused: .

Rovers fans acting the 'Gay' Bryne wishing Hunt all the best..shock horror:eek:

Red4Eva
21/07/2008, 8:16 PM
I know some Harps fan said that Parkhouse was booked initially for a nothing foul and I agree. Can't see what he's been booked for in the first place.

maybe if you look at the stud marks on gary's calf you might see what parkhouse was booked for

Sheridan
21/07/2008, 8:20 PM
I don't know what Mackey was on about regarding the second booking. Throwing or kicking the ball away in dissent has been a mandatory, non-negotiable yellow card for about fifteen years, and everybody at every level of the game knows it.

superfrank
21/07/2008, 8:26 PM
maybe if you look at the stud marks on gary's calf you might see what parkhouse was booked for
Got a picture?

It looked like two players jumping for the ball.

brianw82
21/07/2008, 8:30 PM
Moonsey?

sligoman
21/07/2008, 8:59 PM
I saw a load of empty pizza boxes in the overflowing bin at the Showgrounds prior to the Harps match on Saturday.

Sheridan
21/07/2008, 9:02 PM
Time for a PizzaWatch thread with estimates and accompanying league table? :confused:

dancinpants
21/07/2008, 9:04 PM
I saw a load of empty pizza boxes in the overflowing bin at the Showgrounds prior to the Harps match on Saturday.

Thought Foy left? :confused:

thischarmingman
21/07/2008, 9:20 PM
Time for a PizzaWatch thread with estimates and accompanying league table? :confused:
Oh God no, if it's anything like the Attendance Watch thread...

"Saw, 15 ham and pineapple 'Hawaian Surprise' pizza boxes outside Turner's Cross this morning..."

"F*** off, there were at least 25 boxes there, if you knew anything about the bins at Turner's Cross you'd know that the one on the right hand side can hold far more than 25 boxes."

"That's only because the away team brought half of them. You'd think a side at the top of the table would be able to eat more than that. :rolleyes:"

"What would you know about pizza boxes? You've only managed an average of 2 pizza boxes, a hotdog wrapper, and a plastic bottle this season. You only eat when you're winning!"

Mr A
21/07/2008, 9:45 PM
You only eat when you're winning!

Our lads would have to run around in the shower to get wet if that was the case. :o

Dodge
21/07/2008, 9:48 PM
To save me watching it online lads, did they show anything from Pats in the UEFA Cup

micls
21/07/2008, 9:50 PM
To save me watching it online lads, did they show anything from Pats in the UEFA Cup

Yeah, showed highlights of all the Euro games. Showed the shot off the bar that you said was missing from the other highlights.

monzo
21/07/2008, 10:25 PM
I don't know what Mackey was on about regarding the second booking. Throwing or kicking the ball away in dissent has been a mandatory, non-negotiable yellow card for about fifteen years, and everybody at every level of the game knows it.

Except the ref Neil Doyle - he gave Parky a straight red.

I recall his officiating in the First Division, can't believe he got promoted.

deecay
21/07/2008, 11:50 PM
Jason McGuinness's two bookings were a joke,commentator in our game got a great dig in at Sligo GAA:)

Rovers1
22/07/2008, 12:15 AM

on the subject of that game,and the other main subject in this thread (pizza)...did anyone notice the size of the ref at that game...he was massive!

razor
22/07/2008, 8:41 AM
To save me watching it online lads, did they show anything from Pats in the UEFA CupHighlights, the ref was the fattest ref I have ever seen, bet he never left the centre circle.

lofty9
22/07/2008, 8:58 AM
Jason McGuinness's two bookings were a joke,

First one, he was pulling Farren by the armpit hair. I was right beside it and he was caught by the referee who believe it or not was even closer. Add that to the fact that it wasn't his first foul on Farren . McGuiness is the dirtiest, slyest and nastiest defender in the league. He has probably been sent off about 3 or more times to date at the Brandywell. The second was a clear booking, he could have no complaints, Farren was too quick for him.

razor
22/07/2008, 9:03 AM
McGuiness is the dirtiest, slyest and nastiest defender in the league. Worse than Gartland?? :eek:

Gypsy1890
22/07/2008, 9:37 AM
First one, he was pulling Farren by the armpit hair. I was right beside it and he was caught by the referee who believe it or not was even closer. Add that to the fact that it wasn't his first foul on Farren . McGuiness is the dirtiest, slyest and nastiest defender in the league. He has probably been sent off about 3 or more times to date at the Brandywell. The second was a clear booking, he could have no complaints, Farren was too quick for him.:rolleyes:Bullshít, neither were bookings as is clear from the footage, Winters got them both wrong, pandering to the Derry theatrics, yet Anto Murphy was hacked down multiple times yet the Derry player gets away with it. Winters is the most incompetent referee in this league, he makes mistakes in every single game, as is evident by this incident as well as the mutliple other occasions highlighted on MNS (see our peno away to UCD for another great performance by him).

BTW, the first "booking" was for McGuinness' very first challenge (I'm not even sure if you could call it that because that would imply that Farren was also challenging for the ball, but in fact he was just diving to the ground looking for more soft frees - which Derry were getting all night.) :ball:

Hibs4Ever
22/07/2008, 10:54 AM
Highlights, the ref was the fattest ref I have ever seen, bet he never left the centre circle.

He tried a few times, wasn't too successful though

Flexy
22/07/2008, 11:19 AM
:rolleyes:Bullshít, neither were bookings as is clear from the footage, Winters got them both wrong, pandering to the Derry theatrics, yet Anto Murphy was hacked down multiple times yet the Derry player gets away with it. Winters is the most incompetent referee in this league, he makes mistakes in every single game, as is evident by this incident as well as the mutliple other occasions highlighted on MNS (see our peno away to UCD for another great performance by him).

BTW, the first "booking" was for McGuinness' very first challenge (I'm not even sure if you could call it that because that would imply that Farren was also challenging for the ball, but in fact he was just diving to the ground looking for more soft frees - which Derry were getting all night.) :ball:
Think its about time Derry got a few decisions, we must be the only team in the league this year who havent had a penalty. On the other hand other teams like Cork getting them every second week

lofty9
22/07/2008, 1:54 PM
:rolleyes:Bullshít, neither were bookings as is clear from the footage, Winters got them both wrong, pandering to the Derry theatrics, yet Anto Murphy was hacked down multiple times yet the Derry player gets away with it. Winters is the most incompetent referee in this league, he makes mistakes in every single game, as is evident by this incident as well as the mutliple other occasions highlighted on MNS (see our peno away to UCD for another great performance by him).

Theatrics and Anto Murphy in the one sentence. Very apt. :rolleyes:

I'll stand by what I said of both incidents vehemently.

McGuiness was pulling Farren before the ball was headed towards them, you wouldn't have seen that in the footage or you wouldn't have seen Farren dive to the ground either, because he stayed on his feet. The ref saw it, I saw it and everybody around me saw it.

The second was a clear clatter into Farren, your manager closer to me to the incident had no problem with that yellow.

At half time I didn't see Fenlon get irate with the officials, which he is prone to do, but I did see Alan Reynolds approach the ref. He certainly wasn't a homer,we wondered if he had travelled on the bus with Bohs to the game he was that anti Derry.

Bohs had numerous free kicks awarded to them for nothing incidents, stuff that wouldn't be deemed fouls in basketball, they were that soft. It was your only source of possession and access to gain territory in the entire match.

deecay
22/07/2008, 2:07 PM
Its clear from the footage that neither bookings were even fouls,football is turning into a non-contact sport

Gypsy1890
22/07/2008, 2:38 PM
Theatrics and Anto Murphy in the one sentence. Very apt. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I do try. :p
I'll stand by what I said of both incidents vehemently.

McGuiness was... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If they were bookings then every centre-half in this league would be getting sent off each and every week, as they all do it.

Rovers1
22/07/2008, 2:52 PM
Worse than Gartland?? :eek:

worse than Murray, McGuire? :eek::eek:

ramsfan
22/07/2008, 5:22 PM
best part of show was roddy the prat tryin to be the man talkin about moonsie and quigsie, what a knob