PDA

View Full Version : Hurling 2008

elroy
21/07/2008, 9:56 AM
The real start of the hurling championship last weekend in my opinion. Great performance from Cork, very fiery game but showed great heart to come through. Second half performances from Deane, O'Connor, Curran in particular were immense. Dont think Cork are good enough to win it but they will be very hard to beat.

From a cork point of view, hopefully O'Sullivan will hang up his boots now, badly exposed at the weekend, long past his best. Sean Og will be lucky if hes free to play on sunday following his 'dig' at richie murray.

ollie
24/07/2008, 9:31 PM
Very hard to look past Kilkenny for the AI. They're that bit above everyone else imo. Tipp and Cork could give them a good game though.

Clare could well beat Cork this weekend. It'll be very hard to get lads to perform to a level near last Saturday night and the Clare u21s beat Cork well during the week which doesn't bode too well for the future or for the team's senior players. Waterford will win handy enough I'd imagine in the other game and will be dangerous in the semis

Tipp Townie
13/08/2008, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know where i can find the game (live pictures or radio commentary) on the internet on Sunday? I was wondering if any US broadcasters would have it p'raps?

I think because i'm in the UK i can't get RTE's coverage. And following some research (and the fact that the soccer season is underway) there's absolutely NO chance of me finding a pub in Brighton showing it..:(

Thoughts?

ollie
13/08/2008, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know where i can find the game (live pictures or radio commentary) on the internet on Sunday? I was wondering if any US broadcasters would have it p'raps?

I think because i'm in the UK i can't get RTE's coverage. And following some research (and the fact that the soccer season is underway) there's absolutely NO chance of me finding a pub in Brighton showing it..:(

Thoughts?

You can get radio coverage on rte.ie. If you have setanta I'd imagine you can watch the match. Surley there's an irish bar in Brighton which will show it though? Even if it is the smallest screen in the bar.

Tipp Townie
14/08/2008, 2:13 PM
You can get radio coverage on rte.ie. If you have setanta I'd imagine you can watch the match. Surley there's an irish bar in Brighton which will show it though? Even if it is the smallest screen in the bar.

I could've sworn that last time i tried to get radio through rte.ie it told me i couldnt because i wasnt in Ireland? But i'll give it another go. Ta.

I don't have Setanta, unfortunately.

There are a couple of 'Irish' bars in Brighton, but at the most well-known place(The Bugle) the landlady told me that to her knowledge there wasnt anywhere in Brighton that would show GAA "these days", and that the nearest place to catch a game would be Crawley!
I went in there back in July. Now the football (soccer) season has started there's no chance of getting the game shown. Although to be fair i havent tried the Walkabout, and they have loads of screens, but i doubt it.

OwlsFan
19/08/2008, 7:53 PM
As someone who's late mother was from Waterford, I am thrilled with the result. It means so much to this hurling county. First All Ireland since 1963. Unbelievable.

geysir
19/08/2008, 10:34 PM
You are not the only one thrilled by the result :D

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/liskey/1218868020348_1.jpg

OwlsFan
21/08/2008, 4:55 PM
I see the young lad has seen it all before :D

OwlsFan
05/09/2008, 10:00 AM
Good luck to Waterford in the Final. Huge buzz in the county I believe with some farmers even painting their cows blue and white. Allez les bleus!

rambler14
07/09/2008, 2:10 PM
Waterford's year IMO.

Davy Fitz is a legend and can go on to bigger and better things as a manager.

rambler14
07/09/2008, 3:45 PM
Seems I was wrong......................possibly the worst performence by a team in an All-Ireland EVER and that includes Cork's shambolic performence vs Kerry in last years All Ireland football final!

Jinxy
07/09/2008, 4:01 PM
They played as well as they were let play. They were up against the best team to ever play the game.

RĂ©iteoir
07/09/2008, 4:20 PM
Seems I was wrong......................possibly the worst performence by a team in an All-Ireland EVER and that includes Cork's shambolic performence vs Kerry in last years All Ireland football final!

Biggest defeat in over 100 years - and the first since the McCarthy Cup was presented

superfrank
07/09/2008, 4:51 PM
Pity about Waterford. Kilkenny were just too good. They kept playing all the way til the end, even when the result was decided. It was a great performance from them.

gilberto_eire
07/09/2008, 5:10 PM
They played as well as they were let play. They were up against the best team to ever play the game.

Disagree completely there marking was a shambles, KK players were strolling away from there markers with ease and getting free shots away under no pressure!!. KK will always come close with there route of of Leinster which leads them into a semi-final.

Jinxy
07/09/2008, 5:53 PM
Disagree completely there marking was a shambles, KK players were strolling away from there markers with ease and getting free shots away under no pressure!!. KK will always come close with there route of of Leinster which leads them into a semi-final.

This is the Johnny Giles school of thought. When Maradona scored the greatest goal of all time in '86 did you sit there and mutter to yourself, "In fairness, the tackling was very poor." KK scored 2-16 in the first half and had only one wide. And they were putting them over from all angles. I don't care who the opposition is, that's incredible scoring.

inexile
07/09/2008, 11:18 PM
KK were sensational, their workrate was unbelievable for such a skillful team to see them work so hard was refreshing.

when the game was there to be won they were awesome, obviously in the second half the game got ragged and they got some handy scores, but when they had to work they were incredibly economical with possession and only 1 wide in the first half deep into injury time sums up just how good they were for me