PDA

View Full Version : We can't keep Gavin Peers.

avvenalaf
20/07/2008, 9:59 AM
How can we expect this player not to come to the notice of any club serious about signing top class defenders. This guy is a class central defender and I can't see him at The Showgrounds next year - unless playing for the visitors.
God, when I think of how 'Steve Bruce's (i'm a football manager) friend' nearly wrecked his confidence playing him at right back.
Great to see him blossom and hope his career goes where it deserves.

Rovers Maniac
20/07/2008, 10:20 AM
How can we expect this player not to come to the notice of any club serious about signing top class defenders. This guy is a class central defender and I can't see him at The Showgrounds next year - unless playing for the visitors.
God, when I think of how 'Steve Bruce's (i'm a football manager) friend' nearly wrecked his confidence playing him at right back.
Great to see him blossom and hope his career goes where it deserves.

Agree this guy is a class act, he is the best central defender in the league bar none. He seems to be a very nice lad as well. To be honest i thought he strated the season a little shaky but that that is shaky by his own high standard. Since he came back from injury he has been immense he is a rock. I am pretty sure somebody had a stat that we have only taken 2 (maybe 1) points when he has not played this year and last. I would love to hold on to him and if we can get over this financial issue and that means we won't have to accept a Faz like offer for him either. To be fair the whole back 5 are good enough to play at a higher level best back line i have ever seen in the showgrounds (wearing the Rovers colours that is).

gustavo
20/07/2008, 4:03 PM
Shut up the pair of ye , he's useless I can't see why any other team would be interested in him , they'd be better off staying away :)

sligofan4ever
20/07/2008, 4:14 PM
Gavin Peers is a top defender best defender in our back 4. Hopefully hr dosent go this summer hes been one of our best players this season, ad when he does go it will be hard to find a defender good enough to replace him. Wouldnt be surprisedif the tops teams are after him he would fit perfectly into any defense.

Redie
21/07/2008, 9:13 AM
Gavin Peers is a top defender best defender in our back 4. Hopefully hr dosent go this summer hes been one of our best players this season, ad when he does go it will be hard to find a defender good enough to replace him. Wouldnt be surprisedif the tops teams are after him he would fit perfectly into any defense.

sligofan4ever, you might correct this post when you sober up.

redtildead
21/07/2008, 4:25 PM
Gavin Peers is a top defender best defender in our back 4.

Heres a quote of yours from the transfer rumours/suggestions thread

Alls we can do is hope it is just a rumour. Would be gutted to see him leave this summer..... or at any time!!! Hes a top defender the type Rovers need in that back 4. except for Butler hes the best defender for Rovers at the minute IMO.

Bit of a contradiction!

Only1Rovers
21/07/2008, 6:49 PM
Heres a quote of yours from the transfer rumours/suggestions thread

Bit of a contradiction!

Peers is definitely the best defender in the league but in my opinion Seamie is the best defended with Rovers:D

Shedzer
22/07/2008, 3:24 AM
seamie's positioning lets him down at times! peers is solid,wish he would play more football! really beginning to like butler! :)

brianw82
22/07/2008, 10:22 AM
Peersy is our Terry/Carragher/Dunne. He's so stable, you could build a house on him.

kkontour
22/07/2008, 11:24 AM
Peersy is our Terry/Carragher/Dunne. He's so stable, you could build a house on him.
But Butler could knock it down;)

deecay
22/07/2008, 2:04 PM
Peersy is our Peersy,much beter than 100k a week *****s