PDA

View Full Version : Article 7 subsection 23

don ramo
20/07/2008, 2:34 AM
i swear lads im nearly sure there is a rule that if rams are winning one nil at least 4 mins of added time must be added,

is was an eventless game bar the two goals, gaynor took the peno well, will be the answears to our peno jinx anyway, would have liked to see him attack a bit more, bilko would wanna wake up and take some coke, and stop kicking high ball up to kavanagh, hes to small to be collectings balls in the air, davin is looking better but still isnt making the right decisons, he was reluctant to take on players tonight, i alway complain he takes on to many tonight is the opposite, he seemed afraid to take someone on,
must say lads once we scored we went negative, dunno why, with our goals difference it could relegate us, if we are 3 goals better than UCD we should score 3 goals, city didnt blink an eye to the oportunity why should we,

rambler14
20/07/2008, 12:30 PM
Gaynor took his penalty well. It was lucky he did because we didn't go near the goal for the rest of the game even though we had the potential to hit UCD for 3 or 4.

We scored and immediately we played negative football and went 4-5-1, with Gaynor dropping back in the 1st half and Daryl Kavanagh dropping back in the 2nd.

Ramblers best player was probably Colin O'Brien with Gutsie and Murray playing well too. Carey and Lally were awful. Lally definetley looks more a left-mid than a left-back and Carey shouldn't have started considering his horrendous form of late.

Fair play to Matt Gregg he took his goal well but he was unmarked! 6ft 7 and he wasn't marked!:mad: and not only that Bilko felt the need to come for the cross even though there was 20 players in the box! Gregg won the header at the back post............Bilko came out for it at the front post and knocked 2 players over in doing so!:mad: The one thing he had to do all night and he made a b0llocks of it and not only that every time the b0llocks kicked the ball out of his hands he fired it up on top of Daryl Kavanagh who can be no taller than 5ft 8:mad:.
I'm sorry if this offends anyone lads but i've been saying it since we signed him...........HE'S SH!T and is not good enough for Ramblers!

As for the referee! Padraig Sutton..................shocking! Gave free kicks for nothing and gave Ramblers nothing all night, he had no choice to give us the penalty as it was so blatant. Gave UCD free-kicks for Ramblers players looking at them, 4 times a Ramblers player was hacked from behind and Mr. Sutton gave 0 free-kicks.
He must be a magician in his spare time because i'd never seen someone pull 4minutes of injury time out their arse before. The most there was in the game was 3 minutes.

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2008, 7:31 PM
Gaynor took his penalty well. It was lucky he did because we didn't go near the goal for the rest of the game even though we had the potential to hit UCD for 3 or 4.

He must be a magician in his spare time because i'd never seen someone pull 4minutes of injury time out their arse before. The most there was in the game was 3 minutes.
3 or 4? :D After scoring only eight goals all season before the game and you thought Cobh could do that?

Well it came to three minutes only counting the subs made so are you saying that there wasn't another minute to be added on somewhere?

rambler14
20/07/2008, 7:38 PM
Well it came to three minutes only counting the subs made so are you saying that there wasn't another minute to be added on somewhere?

There wasn't a minute to be added from anywhere. It was a free-flowing game with no stoppages.

don ramo
20/07/2008, 9:02 PM
3 or 4? :D After scoring only eight goals all season before the game and you thought Cobh could do that?

well i would think if we stayed attacking after the peno we would have gotten another goal, maybe two but unfortunately we went defensive moved the striker more likey to score into midfield and commited noone forward,

but i can talk about what we could have done all day, truth is we didnt do that and were punnished,

subs are given 30 secs, as standard anywhere you go, 4 subs=2 mins, no injuries and no delays all game, unless you saw something i missed that added 2 mins extra

rambler14
20/07/2008, 9:05 PM
Lets face it. Once Rams scored they were sh!t. UCD deserved the draw if i'm gonna be honest. Not in the 94th minute though.:)

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2008, 10:15 PM
subs are given 30 secs, as standard anywhere you go, 4 subs=2 mins, no injuries and no delays all game, unless you saw something i missed that added 2 mins extra
There was six subs. Wasn't at the game but I'd be amazed if there were no stoppages at all.

don ramo
20/07/2008, 10:29 PM
There was six subs. Wasn't at the game but I'd be amazed if there were no stoppages at all.

sorry, but it wasnt the first game ive seen with no added time

rambler14
21/07/2008, 11:38 AM
Matt Gregg relives his heroics here (http://www.eircomloi.ie:82/news-centre/news-1/july-2008/news-56/index.xml)

I find this quote particularly disturbing:

"All the lads tried to rugby tackle me but all I thought about was getting back to my goal", he said afterwards. "I just attacked it. I don't know what happened. I was wasn't challenged. I just headed it and saw the net was empty. I didn't know what to do, it's not as if I practice my celebrations!"

Rambler20
21/07/2008, 1:00 PM
TBF i thimk Bilko is one of the better Keepers we had in recent times and he isnt exactly old given time he can be one of the best keepers in the league his reflexes and shot stoping are second to none, lets be fair hes far from ****

rambler14
21/07/2008, 1:02 PM
Use quotes Rambler20!

pineapple stu
21/07/2008, 1:03 PM
if we are 3 goals better than UCD we should score 3 goals, city didnt blink an eye to the oportunity why should we,
And if you're two goals worse than us, then you should be happy with a draw.

As for the notion that you're as good as Cork...!

Rambler20
21/07/2008, 1:58 PM
R14 just think your comments on Bilko are a bit harsh, hes far from sh*t as ive sayd hes one of the better keepers to have played for Cobh in recent years. Look at the saved he made from Keith Fahey against Pats last week it was top class give the lad a break

rambler14
21/07/2008, 2:45 PM
I'll admit it he's a great shot-stopper and he is one of the better keepers to play for the club but thats it.

His decision making is terrible, by that I mean he kicks it when he should throw it out, throws it when he should kick it. He comes out for crosses that no keeper should ever go for.................(like Saturday night) and the fact that he's afraid to stand on his line makes me think that he's really a striker. His ability to constantly lets goals in on his near post is a problem too.

Not Premier Division standard which means he's not Ramblers standard.

Rambler20
21/07/2008, 3:48 PM
He is premier division standard how many times has he been beaten at his near post this season once maybe twice big deal. I think his decision making is better then last year he covers his angles a lot better then last year and I must admit he does take his fair share of croses and yeah he makes the odd mistake but hes not the first and wont be the last. Look at matt gregg last week against Rovers his attempt to catch that cross was a lot worse then Bilkos last sat night. TBF hes still a fairly young keeper and he will learn from these mistakes which will make him a better keeper. I agree his distribution is poor at times but look at it from his position when he has the ball more then likely we were losing and the one place you want the ball is at the other end of the pitch thats why i think he opts to go long more then throw it out. On his day he is one of the best keepers around , and hes done his best this season and thats all we can really ask of him. Whats the other option put Fennelly in dont think so

rambler14
21/07/2008, 3:57 PM
He is premier division standard how many times has he been beaten at his near post this season once maybe twice big deal.

Try 5 or 6 times.

The Rebel Ram
21/07/2008, 5:29 PM
Try a bit of support for the team, do you think we can afford who we want?
I'm sick of everyother fcuker on here moaning about this player and that player, get behind the team and support them don't ridicule them for every mistake they make. We are in the top division with the best players we can afford
afford them the respect!:mad:

Rambler20
21/07/2008, 5:49 PM
Try 5 or 6 times. Not a hope kid theres no way hes been beaten that many times at his near post i can remember two and ive only missed the away game to pats.

ramblers
21/07/2008, 5:54 PM
While the keeper is a small problem. The biggest problem is the lack of goals and a striker who knows how to put the ball between that thing thats called a goal!!

Draw a map or get Kevin Murray to give them lessons!!

Allstar
21/07/2008, 6:16 PM
I'll admit it he's a great shot-stopper and he is one of the better keepers to play for the club but thats it.

His decision making is terrible, by that I mean he kicks it when he should throw it out, throws it when he should kick it. He comes out for crosses that no keeper should ever go for.................(like Saturday night) and the fact that he's afraid to stand on his line makes me think that he's really a striker. His ability to constantly lets goals in on his near post is a problem too.

Not Premier Division standard which means he's not Ramblers standard.

Your supposed to be supporting the team and your constantly moaning about this that and the other. will ya start praising and encouraging people and stop being a hater getting everyone down.

don ramo
21/07/2008, 6:32 PM
And if you're two goals worse than us, then you should be happy with a draw.

As for the notion that you're as good as Cork...!

its only hindsight but the first ten minutes we dominated the game, we got our goal and for some reason went defensive, noone was commited forward, bar the 5 foot 6 striker who is being fed high balls, unfortuately we didnt play attacking football and just tried to fly by with the one goal, and fair duece to ye ye deserved the draw for our efforts,

we can play better,

never said were as good as corkm, i used it as an example that cork thought they were 5 goals better than us and they proved it,

don ramo
21/07/2008, 6:35 PM
Your supposed to be supporting the team and your constantly moaning about this that and the other. will ya start praising and encouraging people and stop being a hater getting everyone down.

i do support the team but you have to tell people that there playing bad, bilko has to work on his distribution and his eccentricities, and tellin him is the only way hell learn, if you dont tell somone there doing somthing wrong then theyll just keep doing it,

marty
21/07/2008, 8:54 PM
While il agree R14 has problems beyond the furthest horizon its a bit unfair to be saying the team is been put down constantly,Gutsy,Murray,j.meath,Cummins,Reilly,Col eman ae all players who are model examples of what we need and couldnt be swapped for anyone,The rest?? Take a look at our league position and a few results its getting a bit boring blaming the officials!!

ramsfan
21/07/2008, 9:14 PM
bilko is not a bad keeper had a shocker for goal the other night but has saved us loads this season, he was at fault in ucd but so was 10 other players who should have watched gregg and total negative tactics by manager were wrong too

rambler14
21/07/2008, 9:33 PM
Not a hope kid theres no way hes been beaten that many times at his near post i can remember two and ive only missed the away game to pats.

He was beaten at his near post there too by Ryan Guy. I remember it well.

He was at fault for all 3 up in Drogheda (2 dropped catches and 1 near post), Bohs goal at home (near post), 2 vs Cork City (both near post) and Gregg's goal up in UCD. (A.W.O.L).......................That makes 5 at the near post. I win!:):D

The boy needs a good hard kick up the hole and some sort of electronic tag to stop him coming off his line.

Rambler20
22/07/2008, 8:31 AM
Having seen it again last night on mns i agree bilko ****ed up for the goal but the amount of times he has saved us this season far outweigh the times he has ****ed up but so did everybody else standing in the box that ignored gregg. We were trying to hold what we had when U.C.D were there for the taking. Had we got the ball down and played we would have won comfortably but as ive noticed in last few week were playing long ball alot more and tbf r14 its not just Bilko doing it

drinkfeckarse
22/07/2008, 9:00 AM
The long ball game probably stems from the players subconscious and not from anything Hendo is saying.

It's perfectly natural that that players feel pressure and realise the situation they are in which often resorts to hoofing the ball long all the time. It's amazing the amount of teams in trouble that automatically do it. It's like a defence mechanism which probably comes from the old idea that workrate and scrapping will get you out of trouble and that itself, comes from the mindset of so many managers in the British and Irish game.

If only they still realised football was a simple game....

Rambler20
22/07/2008, 2:29 PM
If only they still realised football was a simple game....[/quote]

Agree but surely the players realise that what got them to the premier division was playing the ball on the ground. Any time weve tryd to play the ball on the ground this year against rovers away and pats at home the team have played far better. Another thing thats creaped into there game is needless fouls which are costing us dearly like lallys foul saturday night which lead to the goal. Theres only so much hendo can do once theplayers cross that white line its up to them

ramsfan
22/07/2008, 5:18 PM
agree r20 when we play on ground we are a good team, but to do this you need confidence which we are lackin at moment as the best pundits say when confidence is lackin players dont want to be the ones to make the mistake so it is safer to boot it rather than try and do something with it
if we were to get a few results this would prob change

just need a little run of results and we could kick on, but getting that run started is hard due to confidence a kind of catch 22

the lucky thing is that other 3 teams around us are poor as well so we havent rerally lost ground