PDA

View Full Version : League Cup Semi Final

oldyouth
19/07/2008, 7:45 PM
Win, Lose or Draw, we are all heading down for the semi-final. Can I ask for advice on the nearest decent hotel to the ground? Looks like the Travelodge from here

paudie
19/07/2008, 9:04 PM
Win, Lose or Draw, we are all heading down for the semi-final. Can I ask for advice on the nearest decent hotel to the ground? Looks like the Travelodge from here

Travellodge would be closest but if you're thinking of going for a few drinks in Cork you'd be better off staying in the city centre.

Jury's Inn probably the best value.

I could give you a great post match pub crawl list between Turners Cross and the City centre:D

oldyouth
20/07/2008, 9:04 AM
Travellodge would be closest but if you're thinking of going for a few drinks in Cork you'd be better off staying in the city centre.

Jury's Inn probably the best value.

I could give you a great post match pub crawl list between Turners Cross and the City centre:D
Thanks Paudi. A few scoops in the hotel bar after the game will suit fine

oldyouth
14/08/2008, 8:30 PM
The general consensus was Jury's Inn at the finish, so plans altered accordingly. No doubt we will see some jerseys out on the town

razor
15/08/2008, 8:28 AM
No doubt we will see some jerseys out on the townI hope ye'll be wearing the pink one.

oldyouth
18/08/2008, 6:36 PM
I hope ye'll be wearing the pink one.
Even though we were at home last night, we wore 'the pink'. For a sneak preview have a look at MNS tonight

A face
19/08/2008, 9:48 AM
were those kits picked up on the cheap or what? Juve played in the same colour at one stage though didn't they ..... is that where its coming from.

oldyouth
20/08/2008, 9:14 PM
were those kits picked up on the cheap or what? Juve played in the same colour at one stage though didn't they ..... is that where its coming from.
You must be mixing us up with some other club, Wexford Youths do not do 'cheap'.
The pink shirts are Mick Wallace's choice and he is entitled to do so, if he feels like it. He has been quoted as saying that he hopes it will contribute to breaking down the macho element within our society. All I can say is that I am warming to it, partly 'cos it's different (just like us as a club) but mainly 'cos it has made all the Gaaah heads in the county take notice, even if it is to criticise.
It is not unusual to see your typical 14-20 male in the Town wearing the jersey, just like any other current fashion item

razor
21/08/2008, 11:00 AM
were those kits picked up on the cheap or what? Juve played in the same colour at one stage though didn't they ..... is that where its coming from.These are a brighter pink than the Juve ones, they looked quite fetching on MNS last Monday.
Looking forward to Monday next.

A face
21/08/2008, 8:03 PM
These are a brighter pink than the Juve ones, they looked quite fetching on MNS last Monday.
Looking forward to Monday next.

Ha ha, the spice boys from Wexford !! :p

oldyouth
21/08/2008, 9:03 PM
We've heard 'em all A Face

A face
22/08/2008, 2:14 PM
We've heard 'em all A Face

Hee hee, i'm only messin' about. Looking forward to the game :p

oldyouth
22/08/2008, 8:00 PM
Hee hee, i'm only messin' about. Looking forward to the game :p
Cheers A Face

We're trying to come up with a few songs to sing to Cork but it is very difficult when every line has to include (by law) the word 'Like'

razor
23/08/2008, 1:09 PM
We're trying to come up with a few songs to sing to Cork but it is very difficult when every line has to include (by law) the word 'Like'

Wheres the money gone?
Money, Money, Money etc etc etc

Will Sheriff Fatman be with ye?
Need to brush up on a few songs of my own if he is.

micls
23/08/2008, 1:11 PM

Who ate Kevin Doyle....

oldyouth
23/08/2008, 1:43 PM
Wheres the money gone?
Money, Money, Money etc etc etc

We save those songs for when Shels call to town. For some reason they don't like it. And yes, I presume Fat Pat in the Hat will come along. He's not the shy type as you know

A face
23/08/2008, 4:35 PM

Here is a song for ya, sing this on Monday

GStN7jeCu8k

Youths4Ever
25/08/2008, 10:14 AM
are ye expecting much of a crowd at the game tonight?

micls
25/08/2008, 10:15 AM
are ye expecting much of a crowd at the game tonight?

No. I think itl be a very poor crowd. 1000 if were lucky.

Monday night, no interest in the league cup and no offense but ye're not really a draw.

Hope Im wrong

Youths4Ever
25/08/2008, 10:38 AM
No. I think itl be a very poor crowd. 1000 if were lucky.

Monday night, no interest in the league cup and no offense but ye're not really a draw.

Hope Im wrong

No offense taken

Hope you are wrong to maybe a novelty factor getting to see a team run
around and play football in pink :p

Think we have about 100 traveling

micls
25/08/2008, 10:42 AM
No offense taken

Hope you are wrong to maybe a novelty factor getting to see a team run
around and play football in pink :p

Think we have about 100 traveling

Come into the Turners Cross Tavern beforehand and mingle. Hope you have a good trip.

Youths4Ever
25/08/2008, 11:20 AM
Come into the Turners Cross Tavern beforehand and mingle. Hope you have a good trip.

thanks will try get the crowd to head their before hand

dublin_owl
25/08/2008, 5:46 PM
Is there any chance that one of the local radio stations will be broadcasting commentary on the web?

A face
25/08/2008, 11:29 PM
Cheers Matt, playing a blinder :rolleyes:

razor
26/08/2008, 7:54 AM
Fair Dues to Wexford, they came, they scored they soaked up all sorts of pressure.
Hit the post twice, 4 or 5 cleared off the line, I thought as the penalty hit the post that it was going to be one of those nights and I was right.
What can you do?

Best of Luck against Derry in the final.

Certain City players performances last night left a lot to be desired, they know who they are.

As for Tomney? Booked Wexford keeper for time wasting and their No8 was down for about 2-3 minutes on the edge of their own box, 6 subs in the 2nd half and he adds 3 minutes, not that we'd have scored anyway I guess.

A face
26/08/2008, 2:24 PM
:rolleyes: Do you ever have anything useful to say

Go away