PDA

View Full Version : galway

naoise kennedy
18/07/2008, 9:32 PM
why do we send high balls across against a 6'7 goalie.. whelan should have been off at half time again he was crap.. five chances in the second half and not one goal, galway had one chance and took it..fair play to galway,, back four played ok,, pender had very good game, o keefe again very good, rowe did not do much played very deep.... hopefully this match will be like ucd at the start of the season, we lost 3 nil then and played sh..,, after that game we started to play,, hopefully we can turn it round again...

Seagull
18/07/2008, 10:27 PM
why do we send high balls across against a 6'7 goalie.. whelan should have been off at half time again he was crap.. five chances in the second half and not one goal, galway had one chance and took it..fair play to galway,, back four played ok,, pender had very good game, o keefe again very good, rowe did not do much played very deep.... hopefully this match will be like ucd at the start of the season, we lost 3 nil then and played sh..,, after that game we started to play,, hopefully we can turn it round again...

Gormley just doesn't have a clue. Like you say, high ball after high ball into the box, his only response was to put Duggan on for Coughlan. That was his best effort at changing things. Bray tonight were witless, gutless and clueless. Three ex St. Pats men in charge and we can't organise one decent set-piece? That thing for corners where they all huddle together then run around like headless chickens is beyond a joke at this stage- they never get near the ball! Fair play to Kenna and the Galway boys, they deserved it because they played football. O'Keeffe and Kavanagh were the only chink of light for Bray. We're heading for Division One again. :mad:

naoise kennedy
18/07/2008, 10:34 PM
just reading the shelbourne match full time report, franco man of the match, nippy foot work,sublime skill,not something we saw tonight against galway,something eddie now has to read about and have a good re think... he never gave franco a chance....

thedoyler
18/07/2008, 10:36 PM
Gormley just doesn't have a clue. Like you say, high ball after high ball into the box, his only response was to put Duggan on for Coughlan. That was his best effort at changing things. Bray tonight were witless, gutless and clueless. Three ex St. Pats men in charge and we can't organise one decent set-piece? That thing for corners where they all huddle together then run around like headless chickens is beyond a joke at this stage- they never get near the ball! Fair play to Kenna and the Galway boys, they deserved it because they played football. O'Keeffe and Kavanagh were the only chink of light for Bray. We're heading for Division One again. :mad:

Saying we're heading for division one again is a bit drastic, we've hit a bad slump, but we could have won the game comfortably tonight had we taken our chances, the performance was ok at best but at least we can play ok against the likes of galway and probably still create enough to win the game. Galway are as bad as i've seen in the premier i've seen them 3 times this season and there is not much about them, i cant see them catching us at all, we missed a big chance to end them but there's always next week. A draw in cobh is the minimum after this evening.

lowflyingseagul
18/07/2008, 10:45 PM
cronin was worse than whelan. how is he captain?

Seagull
18/07/2008, 11:04 PM
Saying we're heading for division one again is a bit drastic, we've hit a bad slump, but we could have won the game comfortably tonight had we taken our chances, the performance was ok at best but at least we can play ok against the likes of galway and probably still create enough to win the game. Galway are as bad as i've seen in the premier i've seen them 3 times this season and there is not much about them, i cant see them catching us at all, we missed a big chance to end them but there's always next week. A draw in cobh is the minimum after this evening.

Five games in a row we haven't scored a goal- it's easy to say we could have won if we'd taken our chances, the fact is that once again we didn't. Three to go down, we're right in there now, don't be fooling yourself otherwise.

Terry
18/07/2008, 11:12 PM

Think that may be down to the fact that we either got rid of or were missing half of our starting team in Wes Charles, Regi Nootimeer, Derek O'Brien, Gary Rodgers, Alan Keane, John Russell, Stephen O'Flynn, Mark Leech all of who were playing the last time we meet !!!!!!

Stevo Da Gull
18/07/2008, 11:47 PM
Very frustrating night, man I was fuming. Fair play to Galway, I'm sure that was a nice trip. I can't believe that we lost it but we did, now onwards and hopefully upwards.

superfrank
18/07/2008, 11:51 PM
Five games without a goal...

We've played Galway twice in that time and we also played Harps. Why can't we do it against the lower teams?

Cobh are on a pretty bad run as well so we should get something out of that. No excuses.

Terry
19/07/2008, 12:07 AM
hope ye hammer cobh

Maroon 7
19/07/2008, 1:32 AM
why do we send high balls across against a 6'7 goalie.. whelan should have been off at half time again he was crap.. five chances in the second half and not one goal, galway had one chance and took it

In fairness United hit the post only minutes before Glynn scored so to say they only had one chance would be stretching it a bit.

Tir Oilean
19/07/2008, 9:24 AM
Great night for us in Bray alright. Talk of ye going into relegation is pure nuts. I reckon ye have garnered enough points in the first third of the season to be sure of staying up. Ye were poor as were we. Ye've hit a poor patch and hopefully we have started a good stretch not too sure of catching ye though.

jonboy
19/07/2008, 11:23 AM
just reading the shelbourne match full time report, franco man of the match, nippy foot work,sublime skill,not something we saw tonight against galway,something eddie now has to read about and have a good re think... he never gave franco a chance....

my brother was at the shels match he said franco was outstanding, the question is why he was let go? if shels come up and bray go down it will be disaster

dublinwanderer
19/07/2008, 12:10 PM
was anyone else shocked that galway centre back didnt get sent off for hacking down kavanagh - he was the last defender for fcuk sake. lino and ref were very poor all night. how he stayed on is unbelievable.

I thought that we played very well in the 2nd half. but with no goalscorer in the squad, it'l always be tough. for about 20mins galway couldnt get near the ball, but we just couldnt make all the possessio count. gormley has to change something and do it asap. thought the defense played well, i think that is our strongest defense possible (pender, doherty, kenny, cronin).

badly need a result in cobh. lets hope we can score a few goals against leeds on sunday to get a bit of confidence!!! eddie should go all out attack against them!!

Seagull
19/07/2008, 12:43 PM
but with no goalscorer in the squad, it'l always be tough.

He let Franco go to Shels, Emeka can't even make the bench, yet Ger Rowe is untouchable- he's the striker who ain't scoring. I don't know what Dunphy was supposed to do when he came on last night cos he did nothing at all. Myler's on the bench which makes no sense, he's unfortunately past it. The manager looks pretty suspect right now...

naoise kennedy
19/07/2008, 5:52 PM
He let Franco go to Shels, Emeka can't even make the bench, yet Ger Rowe is untouchable- he's the striker who ain't scoring. I don't know what Dunphy was supposed to do when he came on last night cos he did nothing at all. Myler's on the bench which makes no sense, he's unfortunately past it. The manager looks pretty suspect right now...

eddie has always said that the striker that scores the goals plays.. now its time to stand by his words,, drop rowe and put on emeka..

gufcfan
19/07/2008, 10:43 PM
Great to get a win in off yee, but I have to ask, has the attendance been like that all season. I know with it being on telly it may have affected the attendance but christ it seemed very low...

Bray Head
20/07/2008, 11:31 AM
Great to get a win in off yee, but I have to ask, has the attendance been like that all season. I know with it being on telly it may have affected the attendance but christ it seemed very low...

That was the lowest league crowd of the season. I'd say 800 if that. Not helped by 4 games at home in 6 days. It was on TV so i'm sure a few decided to miss that one and watch it at home. also we are on a bad run. That was our 5th game without a goal if you count the Millwall friendly. It's a pity cos the Galway game was the most important of the 4 given that we were not expecting to get anything out of Bohs.