PDA

View Full Version : Bray 0 GUFC 1

Maroon 7
18/07/2008, 8:36 PM
1-0

Glynn at the death

Fully deserved all 3 points. O'Shea hit the post only a minute earlier.

YASSS!:D

Conor H
18/07/2008, 8:39 PM
Nice one,great result!!:)
Derry,Harps and UCD next 3 games....massive opportunity to get out of the bottom 3 over the next few weeks!

Terry
18/07/2008, 8:45 PM
Banana the legend MAN !

gordongekko
18/07/2008, 8:46 PM
nice one

We were 5 minutes away from being relegated. Well done Daisy.

gg

gufct
18/07/2008, 8:48 PM
fantastic watching it on the net in the us so it was about 2 mins behind and i was getting texts for the last couple of minutes so i was in bits waiting for the final whistle. We still can do it lads .:D

sligofan4ever
18/07/2008, 8:49 PM
If only Banana could it for us!!! great game in the end though Bray were poor but almost put it behind them late on.

naoise kennedy
18/07/2008, 9:42 PM
If only Banana could it for us!!! great game in the end though Bray were poor but almost put it behind them late on.

bray were poor.. what an under statement, kenna played well , deserved your win..

Terry
18/07/2008, 9:51 PM
poorest bray team I have seen in a long time, whats happened to the team that got all the points earlier in the season?

naoise kennedy
18/07/2008, 10:04 PM
poorest bray team I have seen in a long time, whats happened to the team that got all the points earlier in the season?

since we came back from the mid break we have being getting worse every game.. don't mean it a bad way but this should have been a certain 3 points for us,, you have lost good players, we have signed good players and at home and we play ****..questions have too be asked

Mr Maroon
18/07/2008, 10:54 PM
Derel Derek Glynn!!!!!!!!!!!

We're climbing the table lads.

eamo1
18/07/2008, 11:25 PM
Played well in the first half then tired a bit but did deserve the win.Some of the cosses Kenna was putting in were excellent and he attacked every header too,murphy was good in midfield too,everybody did well in general.
I had money on Glynn to score anytime too and he didnt let me down:).

sligofan4ever
18/07/2008, 11:42 PM
Derel Derek Glynn!!!!!!!!!!!

We're climbing the table lads.

All hope may not be lost, 4 points in 2 games and your on 11 points. also off the bottom of the table for the first time snce being there. might be looking up after all hopefully its te same for us!!!.

pixiehead
19/07/2008, 4:40 AM
UCD V Ramblers tonite. what ever way you look at it, if either team wins or its a draw or whatever ever result will F**k us up!!! :confused:

Terry
19/07/2008, 8:21 AM
UCD V Ramblers tonite. what ever way you look at it, if either team wins or its a draw or whatever ever result will F**k us up!!! :confused:

how? a draw would leave the table as it is now! I dont care it it goes though as long as now start pointing points on the board thats all that counts and not worrying about others. As Jeff said, next week we are at home to derry and if we get something out of that match we will be up for the matches against harps and UCD. Six or even seven more points here would be great if we could do it.

Square Heir
19/07/2008, 9:08 AM
how? a draw would leave the table as it is now! I dont care it it goes though as long as now start pointing points on the board thats all that counts and not worrying about others. As Jeff said, next week we are at home to derry and if we get something out of that match we will be up for the matches against harps and UCD. Six or even seven more points here would be great if we could do it.

WellI have my fingers crossed for a draw in this game. That would be a great result for us!
....and in another big game for us tonight.......C'MON SLIGO!!!!!:D:D

Tir Oilean
19/07/2008, 9:16 AM
Last night was great! The soccer obviously wasnt the best. Jeff was putting some fine balls up to Derek and importantly he was trying to get to feet. Foley and Murphy were well up for it. Foley had to hold back a bit after his yellow and id say murphs, like me, has a sore head this morning. The relief was unreal and the odds of 3/1 that some had were well worth it too!

JC_GUFC
19/07/2008, 10:58 AM
Great result and decent performance. We were lucky to win to be honest - they had some great chances in the second half. Fitzy should have been sent off too and it would've been a different game then...

Jeff did well but seemed to tire in the second half before he took himself off.

I thought Daisy did really well up front, he could've done better with a few chances but unlike Vinny he did really well holding the ball up.

Murphy was very good too - at one stage towards the end he gave the ball away cheaply but then ran all the way back to the edge of our box and ended up putting in the tackle which won the ball back.

Also just on last night I think Marc McCulloch should be captrain, he was the most vocal player and is definitely up for the fight!

C'mon United!

gordongekko
19/07/2008, 12:37 PM
Also just on last night I think Marc McCulloch should be captrain, he was the most vocal player and is definitely up for the fight!

C'mon United!

Not a chance he should not even be in the team he has cost us a huge amount of points this year.Just look at the sligo game again. He could not even pass the ball 10 yards and he gave away the free that led to the goal. He should not even be on the team bus not alone on the pitch.

gg

JC_GUFC
19/07/2008, 1:03 PM
I don't think being the best player on the team has anything to do with it, which is clearly underlined by the fact that Fitzy is our current captain.
In any case he was one of our better players last night.

superfrank
19/07/2008, 1:27 PM
Congrats on the win.

I have to say I was impressed by Vinny Faherty. He did show a few flashes of real class every now and again, although I know he wasn't always in the game.

WoodquayBoy
19/07/2008, 11:08 PM
Great results tonight, UCD and Cobh draw, Harps tonked by our Connacht neighbours. Staying up staying up staying up

gordongekko
20/07/2008, 1:41 AM
I don't think being the best player on the team has anything to do with it, which is clearly underlined by the fact that Fitzy is our current captain.
In any case he was one of our better players last night.

How will putting a player who costs us more points the fitz as captain be an improvement????????????

gg

gilberto_eire
20/07/2008, 9:43 AM
Watched it over in Crete(alone no1 else wanted to watch it with me) i'd say the owner was shocked anyone wantedm too see a LOI game :D
I taught we were VERY lucky, apart from Jayo's effort that hit the post we did'nt create anything and Bray had some clear-cut chances which on another day would have went in for sure. Did'nt see anyone mention Fitzy's tackle, from the view on TG4 he looked to be the clearly the last man and even Foley laughed when the yellow came out. Jeff did'nt have much to do but when he did it nearly proved costly, got skinned too easy by the winger/striker who luckily missed his effort
Seeing UCD-Bray ended 1-1 made the disappointment of the hurling a bit easier to take:(........:)

JC_GUFC
20/07/2008, 11:03 AM
How will putting a player who costs us more points the fitz as captain be an improvement????????????

gg

Do you know what the point of having a captain is?!

It's to motivate and encourage other players. From having been at the game on Friday it seemed to me that Marc was doing much more of that. I didn't hear Fitzgerald encourage the team once (that's not saying he didn't, I just didn't hear it) but when Murphy was getting treatment with his cut head Marc was the only one getting the team going.

GUISAUltra
20/07/2008, 11:49 AM
ya i never really noticed that with marc til i went to an A league game. it's a lot easier to hear whats going on on the pitch when there is nobody at the game. marc is very vocal and is always trying to organise the defence and the midfield. we've been missing that while he was gone. now i know he's prone to making a few clangers as well but i like the way he plays the game. i think he suits LOI football. he's strong in the tackle, can win headers and he likes to get forward and help out his winger

GuisaSaigon
20/07/2008, 12:52 PM
Thought McCulloch had his best game in a United shirt.Vinny was having a poor game up until the last minute. Daisy was quiet too but he is always capable of scoring. Not sure about having the two of them playing together, but i suppose the goal showed that given time they might form a good partership.
We are right back in it now and have to treat each game like a cup final. Come On United!

gordongekko
20/07/2008, 3:50 PM
Do you know what the point of having a captain is?!

It's to motivate and encourage other players. From having been at the game on Friday it seemed to me that Marc was doing much more of that. I didn't hear Fitzgerald encourage the team once (that's not saying he didn't, I just didn't hear it) but when Murphy was getting treatment with his cut head Marc was the only one getting the team going.

You must not have played a lot of team sports. If you have a lad like Marc who is costing you points game after game after game trying to organise the team you only laugh at him . Marc needs to try are sort out his own game first before he tries to sort out the rest of the team. An ideal captain is a leader on the pitch. Marc is anything but a leader. I would be disgusted to see a lad of this ability captain our club an im shocked that anyone would even be thinking he would make a good captain for us.

gg

GUISAUltra
20/07/2008, 4:36 PM
so who would be your pick as captain be gekko? who hasnt cost us points this season?

gordongekko
21/07/2008, 6:21 PM
so who would be your pick as captain be gekko? who hasnt cost us points this season?

Fitz will be our captain until the end of the season.

GUISAUltra
22/07/2008, 1:59 PM
Fitz will be our captain until the end of the season.

thats not what i asked you! i said who would you're choice be as captain? who hasnt cost us goals this season?

gordongekko
22/07/2008, 4:48 PM
thats not what i asked you! i said who would you're choice be as captain? who hasnt cost us goals this season?

Is this 1 question or two.

Who should be captain is irrelevant as Fitz will be captain for the rest of the season.

Who hasnt cost us goals. Rouse, obrien when he was hear, Russell, Deegan when he was here, Glynn, mcbrien and Sinnott.

gg

GUISAUltra
22/07/2008, 8:33 PM
i know fitz is obviously going to be captain for the rest of the season but you said marc wasnt a good selection for captain and i was asking who you think would make a good selection for captain when its taken from fitzy

Terry
22/07/2008, 8:58 PM
no point in asking as he does know himself ultra. I dont understand why poeple always need to try and blame some one individual for things when they arent going rosey. Football is a team effort and if you were to ask any of the players they would all take their fair share of the blame. Can we now leave it at that?