PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Latest

Pages : [1] 2

Magicme
18/07/2008, 7:08 PM
Monaghan United - v- Limerick 37 kicked off.

Just kicked off... 0-0

Teams:

MONAGHAN UNITED- Brendan kennedy, Paul Whelan, Barry Clancy, Aaron Mooney, Wayne Byrne, Don Tierey, Brian Gartland, Stephen McCrossan, Robbie Collins, David Scully, Ian Maher SUBS- Eoin Lanigan, Darren Meenan, Conor Mc Mahon, Kieran Reilly, Danny Woods

LIMERICK 37 - Dave Ryan, Peter White, Brian Cleary, Paul Danagher, Tommy barrett, Jason Hughes, Brendan Daly, David Ryan, Gary Sheehan, Chukwuma Manjor SUBS - Stephen Goggin, Shane Guerin, Alan Carroll, James Hayes.

Magicme
18/07/2008, 7:31 PM
Monaghan UTD 0 - Limerick 37 - 1:(

Magicme
18/07/2008, 7:32 PM
Monaghan UTD 0 - Limerick 37- 2

Gareth
deleted

niallsparky
HT: Derry 0-0 Bohs

micls
18/07/2008, 7:33 PM
0-0 in the Galway Bray game, Kenna playing.

deecay
18/07/2008, 7:47 PM
0-0 Longford v Fingal

42mins gone

Worst game of football ever

Magicme
18/07/2008, 7:47 PM
HT Mons 0 - Limerick 37 - 2

Gareth
18/07/2008, 8:02 PM
Limerick lineup only have 10 players by the way?

Magicme
18/07/2008, 8:07 PM
Missing Paul Walsh - pity he wasnt missing as he scored one of the goals. Dammit. Sorry bout that!

brianw82
18/07/2008, 8:33 PM
1-0 to Galway. Derek Glynn. Really good finish, massive result for them if they can hold on now!

Brutal game though!

brianw82
18/07/2008, 8:42 PM
Full time in Bray, 1-0 to Galway.

micls
18/07/2008, 8:43 PM
0-0 ft Derry vs Bohs

McGuinness sent off

niallsparky
18/07/2008, 8:49 PM
Brian Murphy is the best goalkeeper I have ever seen. :eek:

Magicme
18/07/2008, 8:49 PM
FT Monaghan 0 - Limerick 37 - 2

gufct
18/07/2008, 8:51 PM
Full time in Bray, 1-0 to Galway.

fantastic watching it on the net in the us so it was about 2 mins behind and i was getting texts for the last couple of minutes so i was in bits waiting for the final whistle. We still can do it lads

niallsparky
18/07/2008, 8:55 PM
We still can do it lads

Yes you can. 3 points from safety now with 1 extra game played.

Aaron
18/07/2008, 9:08 PM

Kept you in the game tonight. We could and should have had 4 or 5. Crowe is so useless, what a fat ****e!!! Only for a few wonder saves did we not destroy you. he ref was an absolute ****** aswell. That Anto Murphy hure should be at a swimming pool for the amount of ****in diving he does.

brianw82
18/07/2008, 9:18 PM
That Anto Murphy hure should be at a swimming pool for the amount of ****in diving he does.

Wouldn't say he's a diver, but he is definitely the most-fouled player I've ever seen!

lofty9
18/07/2008, 9:22 PM

He was absolutely brilliant tonight. Really enjoyed that game. Great to see Sammy Morrow back, if he can stay fit we have one hell of a player.

Aaron
18/07/2008, 9:27 PM
Wouldn't say he's a diver, but he is definitely the most-fouled player I've ever seen!

He was diving all over the show tonight. No doubt about it. Every little touch on him he was down like a bag of spuds or throwing his arms up looking for a free. The worst was the **** of a ref fell for it. It was the same ref that done the Harps match last week btw

thischarmingman
18/07/2008, 9:37 PM
Appalling refereeing couldn't ruin an absolutely enthralling game at the Brandywell. Great crowd, great football played, brillliant advert for the league. Just a pity we couldn't get the 3 points. We were the better team throughout and how we never managed to score in those last 15 minutes is totally beyond me.

KevBGUFC
18/07/2008, 9:41 PM
fantastic watching it on the net in the us so it was about 2 mins behind and i was getting texts for the last couple of minutes so i was in bits waiting for the final whistle. We still can do it lads

We can, but its still not gonna be easy. Watching on tv tonight and we were brutal at times. Kenna was probably a psychological boost on the field, but some of his defending was slow and laboured - he nearly cost us a couple of goals. Rouse deserved MOTM - some great saves.

Throughout most of the game I didn't think Glynn was on form at all, but then he can be like that and still get the winner :D - and all is forgiven :p

dcfc1928
18/07/2008, 9:52 PM
How Derry didn't win tonight is mindboggling. If Bohs play like this they will not win the league. Well done City, pity about the result, but that was so positive and with Morrison and Morrow coming back from injury things are looking up.

ForzaForth
18/07/2008, 9:54 PM
About 1,000 in Wexford for well-contested South East derby. Good early goal from Waterford who dominated the first half. Thought Waterford fell away in second half and Wexford deserved their draw with a tap-in from Danny Furlong following Gavin Doyle shot. Waterford centre-half sent off just at the end and Waterford also had a goal disallowed for handball.

Second-half delayed as Pat Dolan was ordered from the dug-out (for too many mentors??) :confused:

dfx-
19/07/2008, 12:23 AM
Plumped for Shels and Dundalk tonight..

Shels with a bit more composure in front of goal in the second half should've shaded it, but they looked nervous and apprehensive, getting in the way of each other and misplacing simple passes. Against an - ahem - streetwise/professional/obstinate Dundalk.

sonofstan
19/07/2008, 1:11 AM
Appalling refereeing couldn't ruin an absolutely enthralling game at the Brandywell. Great crowd, great football played, brillliant advert for the league. Just a pity we couldn't get the 3 points. We were the better team throughout and how we never managed to score in those last 15 minutes is totally beyond me.

You weren't the better team throughout, you dominated after McGuinness was sent off, but almost never before.

Agree about the great crowd and atmosphere; even though I've never seen us win in the Brandywell (missed the last league game last season) I love going there.

How Derry didn't win tonight is mindboggling. If Bohs play like this they will not win the league. Well done City, pity about the result, but that was so positive and with Morrison and Morrow coming back from injury things are looking up.

We will play better than that and we will win the league, but if you can't break us down at home when we're down to 10 men, then you surely won't. Off you go and win the league cup.

headtheball
19/07/2008, 7:36 AM
You weren't the better team throughout, you dominated after McGuinness was sent off, but almost never before.

Agree about the great crowd and atmosphere; even though I've never seen us win in the Brandywell (missed the last league game last season) I love going there.

We will play better than that and we will win the league, but if you can't break us down at home when we're down to 10 men, then you surely won't. Off you go and win the league cup.

Bohemians FC. Trophyless since Kenny....:)

sonofstan
19/07/2008, 7:48 AM
Bohemians FC. Trophyless since Kenny....:)
Bohemian FC or Bohemians - never Bohemians FC
You lot, of all people, should be sensitive about getting names right.....

thischarmingman
19/07/2008, 8:27 AM
Bohemian FC or Bohemians - never Bohemians FC
You lot, of all people, should be sensitive about getting names right.....
I'd be a lot more sensitive about the lack of trophys you've collected in recent years.

sonofstan
19/07/2008, 8:32 AM
I'd be a lot more sensitive about the lack of trophys you've collected in recent years.

er, 'Trophies' .... you guys have problems with the Queen's English up there?

Flexy
19/07/2008, 8:51 AM
er, 'Trophies' .... you guys have problems with the Queen's English up there?

I think Bohs should be more worried re their finances. Heard the players werent paid last week, they had to wait for the inter toto gate receipts before they would get paid. And they had to get another increase of 4 million euro overdraft from the bank. Another mess fenlon has got the club into

Tir Oilean
19/07/2008, 9:06 AM
we were brutal at times.

Yes but I dont care, at this stage its all about carving results no matter how pretty or ugly. Both Foley and Murphs impressed me last night with their never say die attitudes. I tip my hat to you gentlemen!

Youths4Ever
19/07/2008, 10:51 AM
excellent game last night between Wexford and Waterford both teams came out to play football draw about fair result.

also have to say always quick to say ref bad the ref at last night game was much better than the usual quality not to hard i know :rolleyes: but at least shows we do have some good ref out there somewhere

dcfc1928
19/07/2008, 11:54 AM
I think Bohs should be more worried re their finances. Heard the players werent paid last week, they had to wait for the inter toto gate receipts before they would get paid. And they had to get another increase of 4 million euro overdraft from the bank. Another mess fenlon has got the club into

Don't know how true this is but certainly should be very worrying for Bohs fans.

Fenlon destroyed Shels by signing all the best players he could and offering mega wages that the club could not afford, he almost did it with Derry with panick signings, with crazy wages, of players who were not better than what was already there, Hynes, Tidman, Bermingham, Rogers, Moore, O'Halloran etc all are now gone thankfully.

And if he does the same to Bohs they cannot say there were no warning signs given his previous stints with Shels and Derry.

dcfc1928
19/07/2008, 12:01 PM
Off you go and win the league cup.

I hope we do!

sonofstan
19/07/2008, 12:21 PM
I hope we do!

Bless!

Re: the wages thing - the club explanation is that it was a banking hiccup, and in the absence of any other evidence of looming bankruptcy, I'd accept it for the moment. As for Fenlon being spendthrift here; who's he bought? Brennan, Oman and Cronin were his only close season signings, and with about 6 players let go at the end of last year, I'm guessing the wage bill at the start of this season was about the same as at the end of the last. So far, in the window, he's only added Anto Murphy and gotten rid of Turner and Mansaram. With Hunty off the payroll, there's presumably room for another signing or two, but so far, he's sticking to a budget.

superfrank
19/07/2008, 1:19 PM
Still feeling rotten after last night's result. I thought a draw was a fair result but fair play to Galway for taking their chance when it came. We had a few chances and we didn't take them.

Still gutted to lose in the last minute.

marty
19/07/2008, 5:52 PM
1-0 Ramblers,Gaynor on 12 mins if we can sneak this it will really open up the fight at the bottom,and with Bray at home next week who knows what can happen..

TheBoss
19/07/2008, 6:45 PM
Athlone Town 1-0 Kildare County
Sheridan 2'

UCD 1-1 Cobh Ramblers
Gregg 90' :confused:

Terry
19/07/2008, 7:49 PM
sligo 2-0 harps

peers and curran with the goals

SligoBrewer
19/07/2008, 7:51 PM
Parkhouse sent off. Funniest sending off I've ever seen. What an idiot.

The Rebel Ram
19/07/2008, 7:52 PM
Only 3 points gonna be seperating the bottom 4 at the end of tonight...........
dog eat dog time................

The Rebel Ram
19/07/2008, 7:53 PM
Parkhouse sent off. Funniest sending off I've ever seen. What an idiot.

Why??????:confused:

Rocky77
19/07/2008, 7:54 PM
Athlone Town 1-0 Kildare County
Sheridan 2'

UCD 1-1 Cobh Ramblers
Gregg 90' :confused:

yeah, he came up for a last-minute free and scored a header

oldyouth
19/07/2008, 7:58 PM
yeah, he came up for a last-minute free and scored a header
He seems to be better at headers than Penos anyway. We better keep an eye on that for the league games next season

Terry
19/07/2008, 8:17 PM
sligo 3-0 harps

boco

HarpoJoyce
19/07/2008, 8:37 PM
Both sides kept the ball down, but both were very blunt up front. UCD created alot more chances in the game then I have seen them create in a long time but we couldn't score.
Gregg was deemed to have fouled the Cobh forward for Ramblers penalty early on. I would have sympathy for Cobh but they were falling over Matt Gregg in the first game in St.Colman's, before they won another penalty against Ian Bermingham(?). Matti saved that one.

What a sweet header it was. And hopefully the first of many. maybe Mahon should put him up front for a game or two.

He seems to be better at headers than Penos anyway. We better keep an eye on that for the league games next season

Oldyouth or bitter old man. If you're talking about the League Cup game. Billy Brennan took and missed the penalty in that quater final. he has scored in the 'A' League since. UCD can say both our 'keepers score regularly.
One favour supporters are asked is, if you are slagging a footballer off, at least get some of the information right.

Terry
19/07/2008, 8:38 PM
sligo 4-0 harps

cretaro

Conor H
19/07/2008, 8:56 PM
When Harps came to Terryland i thought they were the worst team i've seen all season.....i still think that.cobh,UCD and UTD are all better.

There'll be alot of twists and turns between now and November but i think it's between UTD and UCD.
We always go on a run at the end of the season and UCD are seasoned campaigners in the relegation battle.Cobh been part time will be their eventual downfall.Harps are simply woeful.
If it wasn't for their great run,Bray would be right in the mix to.