PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Last Night - Breaking News...

Peadar
02/09/2003, 12:55 PM
From http://Breakingnews.ie
Eircom League security committee convenes special meeting
02/09/2003 - 12:04:43 pm

A special meeting of the eircom League security committee has been convened for 10am tomorrow at which incidents after last night's Premier Division match between Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians at Richmond Park will be discussed.

The FAI will issue no further statement until after the committee has met.

Eircom League champs Bohs had their first big Dublin derby victory of the season last night, with a
2-1 win over Rovers.

The win sent them to fourth in the Premier Division table.

joeSoap
02/09/2003, 1:52 PM
I've seen some scum at football matches before...I've been to Millwall and Upton Park and Cardiff, but what I saw last night on Emmett Road was on a par with any of them. Shamrock Rovers are the epitome of scum in the Eircom League, and the club should be banned until they can keep this filth away. We had kids with us last night that were genuinely petrified. What more can one say???

James
02/09/2003, 5:16 PM
different sides to this tale from both ultras message board and here (http://gypsiesweb.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1062457022) from a bohs board

one thing . i hope to fcuk the 7year old kid that was hit in the head is ok

SCUM OUT , and looks by all accounts that the guards and stewards were as much to blame in this one.. idiots

Éanna
03/09/2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by James
by all accounts that the guards and stewards were as much to blame in this one.. idiots
no surprise there. inchicore is a dodgy place to go at the best of times, even playing pats there's always a few troublemakers about and the stewarding there is appalling. that idiot event controller up there shouldn't be in charge of the toilet queue in a hermits cave never mind a crowd of football fans. it was waiting to happen. the guards are pathetic in general too. they just want to make their nice little bit of overtime and don't like being disturbed. the FAI MUST actnow and stop this recurring.

Hung Daddy
03/09/2003, 3:57 PM
What really pi$$es me off is that this incident has gotten more coverage in the broadcast and print media than all other eL coverage this season put together. Gerry Ryan hosted a discussion about it yesterday morning and it just descended into a bitching session between a couple of Bohs and Rovers fans and a Cork City fan who rang up. Stewarding at many eL stadia is very poor and this seems to have been the case again last night, perhaps if pictures of those involved were circulated they could be banned from attending football matches in this country.