PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Saturday Better Than Ever?

Peadar
01/09/2003, 4:39 PM
The whole eircom League fans initiative has been fairly positive so far but I feel that it could be a whole lot better.
It's a bit disjointed and I got the feeling that Rovers fans were intent on doing their own thing.
When we get a chant going we need to get the whole crowd involved. Some "fans" seem to be there purely to observe and not participate. Would it help to have a megaphone man walking around to encourage the "observers"? Most of the people in the stands appear willing only to sing "olé olé" or "come on you boys in green". They should be encouraged more determinedly to participate in the new songs/chants.
I think it's already been requested that everyone bring along a Tri-colour, that's important too.
More drums, flags or anything which will enhance the noise/colour. It would probably be a good idea if all the eL supporters acknowledged each other before the game and created a sense of unity. We're all there to support our country after all.
Anyone have positive suggestions?

Macy
01/09/2003, 4:58 PM
Tbh I didn't see the problem with Rovers (or anyone at the last game).... Rovers just happened to have prime location, but the atmosphere and singing was excellent where I was and no problem us starting songs.... Last time the drums were organised, and I assume that will be the same again.... All the games so far in this initiative I have seen fans all mixing without any problems - be that pre match, post match and underneath at half time and witness the eL singing at the end of the first game.... Not entirely sure where you're coming from with this, as I personally think that most of the things you are suggesting have happened at the two competitive games that this initiative has been running.....

Footie_Fan
01/09/2003, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Tbh I didn't see the problem with Rovers (or anyone at the last game

I think he is talking about Rovers fans singing Rovers songs at an Ireland match.

Peadar
01/09/2003, 6:06 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Not entirely sure where you're coming from with this, as I personally think that most of the things you are suggesting have happened at the two competitive games that this initiative has been running.....

Because you were in the middle of it you thought it was fine.
I got my own tickets for those games and was out of the action so to speak. From where I was sitting it wasn't as good as it could be. I was singing on my own as the majority of people around me weren't bothered. It looked like a bunch of people with a few drums making a bit of noise.
It's hard to judge the noise when you're in the middle of it.
It would be great if we could get everybody up and get the North terrace singing "Green Army" while the South terrace responds with "White Army".

soccerc
01/09/2003, 6:38 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
It looked like a bunch of people with a few drums making a bit of noise.

The small bunch of el fans numbered 700+. There were four drums, Pat's, harps, Galway and Derry.

By default the grouping is disparate due to the different club allegiences. As for any one club's fan taking control of the section - that would be difficult considering the numbers and locations, however, those who shout loudest are generally heard and followed.

THere will hopefully be a gathering of like minded ppl later thisa week to discuss how we can improve and anyone interested in attending should pm me for details.

Schumi
02/09/2003, 1:32 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Because you were in the middle of it you thought it was fine.
I got my own tickets for those games and was out of the action so to speak. From where I was sitting it wasn't as good as it could be. I was singing on my own as the majority of people around me weren't bothered. It was the same for me. We got our tickets over on the east side of the terrace and most of the people over there didn't do much in the way of singing. There were a few Pats fans over there for the first one who made a bit of noise but for the second game, it was dead.