PDA

View Full Version : UCD

rambler14
16/07/2008, 7:08 PM
Saturday 19th July @ 6pm

Huge game, it's probably our biggest game of the season and is a definte six pointer.
Based on our current form I think we can easily beat UCD. Gaynor looks to be the answer to all our problems and Colin and Greg have made the midfield look as strong as it's ever been. Gutsie's back too so we'll have our strongest team available.:)

Hopefully we can get a good crowd from Cobh to go up. The 6pm kick-off means we'll have to leave a little earlier than usual but those who do travel up will have the added bonus that they'll be back in time for the comm:):D

Ramtillidie
16/07/2008, 8:24 PM
Surely after the hat-trick in bray gaynor deserves a start in dublin,I have a really good feeling bout this one,gonna go for 3-1 gaynor,dav and big kev

rambler14
16/07/2008, 10:17 PM
Lads one thing to be aware of if yeer travelling up........theres a double header in Thurles involving Offaly v Waterford at 5pm and Cork vs Galway at 7pm so expect traffic.
Not so much on the way up but definetley on the way back you'll have to deal with the masses returning to Cork.

Rambler20
17/07/2008, 8:50 AM
Lads one thing to be aware of if yeer travelling up........theres a double header in Thurles involving Offaly v Waterford at 5pm and Cork vs Galway at 7pm so expect traffic.
Not so much on the way up but definetley on the way back you'll have to deal with the masses returning to Cork. Forget the Comm so ?

rambler14
17/07/2008, 9:17 AM
Forget the Comm so ?

No just be patient. Don't try anything stupid:D:D

Ramtillidie
17/07/2008, 10:05 AM
Just ring ahead and tell tom hines you'll you have a quarter pounder for him if he keeps the doors open!

drinkfeckarse
17/07/2008, 11:22 AM
Think we'll sneak it 2-1. :)

John83
17/07/2008, 11:30 AM
I kind of doubt you'll get two (jinx), but we're so terrible up front that I could see you shade it 1-0. Obviously, I'm hoping for a different result.

rambler14
17/07/2008, 11:41 AM
Think we'll sneak it 2-1. :)

If we let UCD score we deserve to lose. They have no frontline whats so ever. I for one can't see UCD scoring.

The Rebel Ram
17/07/2008, 12:16 PM
I'm going for a 2-0 win for Rams, the team looked really solid last week and with Gaynor getting the hattrick on Sunday it could be the game that kick starts our survival. Really can't see us loosing here, huge game and I recon we are up for it.:D

Rambler20
17/07/2008, 12:46 PM
Im going for 2-0 to rams Gaynor and Gutsie.

bellavistaman
17/07/2008, 2:20 PM
1 nil gaynor.

marty
18/07/2008, 8:04 PM
2-0 Rams set piece goal and hopefully one from our strikers to get them off the mark

rambler14
18/07/2008, 8:36 PM
Oh crap!, were officially bottom.

1-0 Galway full-time:eek::mad:.............3 points a must now tomorrow night!

chimpster
19/07/2008, 7:47 AM
Raises the stakes alright. But as long as Hendo keeps the lads focused on the task in hand, I don't think the Galway result will make any difference. Think we need an early goal to settle us, if we get it I fancy 2-0 at least.

We can all see that the lads are on the up, we just need 3 points to launch the escape bid. COME ON THE RAMS!!! :ball:

Terry
19/07/2008, 9:34 AM
going for a 0-0 draw at 7-1.

luka
19/07/2008, 10:01 AM
Kee the faith lads. We've probably got one of the best Managers in the game. Besides the fact he's a pure Gentleman, he knows exactly whats needed to secure our premier status for next season and I for one am confident enough that he'll do it. Tonight is a must win game though. Dav to get off the mark.

6yardpunisha
19/07/2008, 5:19 PM
rams 1 up, gaynor spotter after 11 mins

luka
19/07/2008, 5:28 PM
Hope all tlads did the bet

bellavistaman
19/07/2008, 5:53 PM
Hope all tlads did the bet

Oh yeah, 3 points is vital now.

marty
19/07/2008, 6:58 PM
1-1,Matt Gregg just scored 4 mins into injury time

The Rebel Ram
19/07/2008, 7:41 PM
Gutted, I heard we were on the back foot since the goal. Bray will have to be 3 points now.
The ony good news is that harps are 2 down to Sligo. There are only 3 points seperating the bottom 4 now. It's going to be some battle!

ramsfan
20/07/2008, 9:18 AM
its hottin up alright, flipin van der sar impersonator to score would you believe it:confused:

ramsfan
20/07/2008, 9:21 AM
strange one to see johnny meade and kenny coleman dropped , they were our two best players against pats, coleman was captain, dont see why you change the back four when they were playin well together:confused:

depor
20/07/2008, 12:49 PM
thats 4 points we lost to ucd or should say gregg. with his peno save in the 1st game and his goal last nite. fair dues to him, good player for ucd to have.

rambler14
20/07/2008, 12:51 PM
thats 4 points we lost to ucd or should say gregg. with his peno save in the 1st game and his goal last nite. fair dues to him, good player for ucd to have.

Best keeper in the league so far this season certainly the most consistent anyway.

rambler14
21/07/2008, 11:39 AM
Matt Gregg relives his heroics here (http://www.eircomloi.ie:82/news-centre/news-1/july-2008/news-56/index.xml)

I find this quote particularly disturbing:

"All the lads tried to rugby tackle me but all I thought about was getting back to my goal", he said afterwards. "I just attacked it. I don't know what happened. I wasn't challenged. I just headed it and saw the net was empty. I didn't know what to do, it's not as if I practice my celebrations!"

pineapple stu
21/07/2008, 12:48 PM
Had a good laugh reading through this thread, thanks for that! This was one of the best...

Think we need an early goal to settle us, if we get it I fancy 2-0 at least.

Optimism is admirable and all that, but reality really is needed. Cobh were the worst team to visit Belfield all season (we don't count obviously). Youz were given a debatable penalty (opinion was divided as to whether Gregg got the ball first), put ten men behind the ball, lost possession twice as quicly as we did and created nothing for the remainder of the game. Looking forward to seeing the chance on the stroke of half time again - talking to someone behind the goal who said the defender saved with his hands, which obviously would be a peno and a straight red.

Our front line were horrific again - about the only thing youz predicted right - but with goalscoring keepers, we can even get over that if we have to!

I like Cobh as a club, and the away game was one of my favourite of the season, but I can't see any way out of the bottom three for youz - simply not good enough. If it weren't that there were four unusually poor teams, you'd have sunk without trace a long time ago.

Sniffer
21/07/2008, 2:48 PM
Was it the two John's who came on?

McCarthy, Carey, Lally, Murray, Guthrie, O'Halloran (Kearney 79), O'Brien, D O'Neill, O'Shea (Coleman 74), Gaynor, Kavanagh (Meade 86)

rambler14
21/07/2008, 2:51 PM
Was it the two John's who came on?

McCarthy, Carey, Lally, Murray, Guthrie, O'Halloran (Kearney 79), O'Brien, D O'Neill, O'Shea (Coleman 74), Gaynor, Kavanagh (Meade 86)

Yeah. John Kearney and John Meade.

Sniffer
21/07/2008, 2:58 PM
Cheers

ramblers
21/07/2008, 5:50 PM
Am I missing something why was John Meade a sub?? Carey is having a nightmare run and john doesnt start. Did he have a knock??

Rambler20
21/07/2008, 5:52 PM
he must have been injured cos he played very well against pats thought it was a strange one alright him and kenny not starting

ramblers
21/07/2008, 5:56 PM
Given this team I do actually worry has our Manager lost the plot.

Kenny and John had great games against Pats why make such changes for a game we needed to win!!

bellavistaman
21/07/2008, 7:53 PM
Bilko keeping was a joke. Crazy

marty
21/07/2008, 8:48 PM
Have to agree it was an appalling effort from bilco he wud wanna be ashamed of himself,cost us the game no doubt about it.If we had a replacement we wouldnt be so bad but were stuck with him.....He needs to be thought to stay away from crosses he only catches an average of 40/50% just not good enough.Watever is up wit Hendo and this little rotation policy he seems to have started he better drop it fast before the doubters start to voice their concerns fxxk loyalty carey needs to be dropped fast.

ramsfan
21/07/2008, 9:09 PM
a discipline problem is what is being rumoured?

ramsfan
21/07/2008, 9:12 PM
they couldnt see gregg he is only 6 foot 7 blond hair and wearing an all red kit. bilco looked like he was comin out to shake his hand he certainly wasnt going for the cross. we looked so negative on mns footage not really what you want to see when you are playin ucd

offside rule
22/07/2008, 8:41 AM
a discipline problem is what is being rumoured?

Is this why Hendo was thinkering with the starting line-up?. Was very surprised wen i saw the line-up. John Meade has been the most consistent player ive seen this year and wasnt he also player of the year last year. Cant understand why he would be dropped unless it was for other reasons as you are hinting at. Kenny played a stormer last game and den get dropped for UCD . . . wats going on der???.
Have to say Hendo's messing around with the team amy be costly come November. U play your strongest eleven ALWAY's!.
If there is some discipline then fine a player or run his ass off in training dont banish him from the team, especially if thay are our better players.

From watching MNS the commentator summed us up in on line -''and after the penalty that was the end of Cobh's attacking''.
FCUK sake why did we go back to 4-5-1, we had UCD on the back foot, just scored, they were shakey, and wat do we do.
Change formation and play back into UCD's hands . . . NO!, the U-10's Rams know this . . . you get at them again straight away and try build on your advantage!!!.
It was like we were shutting up shop!-we cant play this way.
Rico made referenece to it previously, ''Cobh seem to go out and pack the midfield and try stop teams scoring, but when they do score, Cobh dont appear to have a plan B.

Its about time now we stopped worrying about other teams scoring and went out and did it ourselves, after all the idea of the game is to outscore the other team, BY GETTING THE BALL INTO THE 24'x8'(goals).