PDA

View Full Version : All-Inclusive

shedite
16/07/2008, 3:54 PM
Spent a week in an all inclusive resort in Cancun with 7 lads a few years ago and it was feckin brilliant. Trying to do something similar this year. Anybody find anywhere with a similar nightlife around Europe or in the carribean? All-Inclusive is a must, as is the sun. I'm open to all suggestions. Have about €1,500 to play with for a week.

paul_oshea
17/07/2008, 4:39 PM
Spent a week in an all inclusive resort in Cancun with 7 lads a few years ago and it was feckin brilliant. Trying to do something similar this year. Anybody find anywhere with a similar nightlife around Europe or in the carribean? All-Inclusive is a must, as is the sun. I'm open to all suggestions. Have about €1,500 to play with for a week.

shedite i can say ya its savage alright, though ye can get bored of the same food. the night life was good in cancun but when we went it wasn't the same as I'd hoped for!

shakermaker1982
21/07/2008, 12:04 PM
when they say all inclusive does this mean you can have as many pints as you want or is there a limit?!

sligoman
21/07/2008, 9:12 PM
when they say all inclusive does this mean you can have as many pints as you want or is there a limit?!Think it's unlimited but just the cheap local stuff.

The Scientist
22/07/2008, 8:09 AM

This english group have some great deals.

http://www.markstravel.co.uk/index.asp

endabob1
28/07/2008, 3:36 PM
I have always failed to understand the attraction of all inclusive

Dodge
28/07/2008, 4:47 PM
I have always failed to understand the attraction of all inclusive

Value for money. If you've already paid up front, yo're likely to get a good deal.

I was pretty much against themin the whole "you can't tell me waht to do on my holiday" vibe but having gone all inclusive in St Lucia this year, its the way forward if you want a relaxing break. Its a pleasure walking around without money and cards.

Depends on the resort obviously, and the type of holiday you're looking for. For a bunch of lads, the place I was wouldn't work.

shedite
30/07/2008, 1:03 PM
We ended up booking Cancun again. First week we're going to rent a car and see some of the country. Week 2 there's some more friends arriving for the all-inclusive idea. It's a great bargain. €45 each for a 4* hotel with all meals and drinks included. There's 12 bars and 9 restaurants in the resort too so no need to worry about getting food ya don't like. It'll work out very cheap ofr us.

paul_oshea
30/07/2008, 2:49 PM
when are ye going and where are ye staying shedite?

I went back in september, id try and go earlier again to be honest if i could.

who did ye get it with to get it so cheap?

The Scientist
30/07/2008, 3:42 PM
We ended up booking Cancun again. First week we're going to rent a car and see some of the country. Week 2 there's some more friends arriving for the all-inclusive idea. It's a great bargain. €45 each for a 4* hotel with all meals and drinks included. There's 12 bars and 9 restaurants in the resort too so no need to worry about getting food ya don't like. It'll work out very cheap ofr us.

same as paul, very interested where u got those prices!! looking to get away for a week in september after the montenegro trip.

redtildead
01/08/2008, 3:52 PM
Think it's unlimited but just the cheap local stuff.
I was just on an all inclusive in Lanzarote, all drinks no matter what were included. Im sure some places would have limits like that though.

I find the food isnt as good as it would be otherwise.I had buffet style meals. It saves a lot of hassle though instead of flicking through menus you can just get what you want. If you dont like it just go up again!

sligoman
01/08/2008, 5:04 PM
I was just on an all inclusive in Lanzarote, all drinks no matter what were included.Did we have a repeat of the Waterford incident?:p

shedite
05/08/2008, 3:29 PM
Sorry for the delay - wasn't online all weekend.

We got those rates by emailing a rep from www.cancunallinclusive.com

We are sharing rooms tho - and there's 3 of us there for some of that trip and 2 for the rest of it.

Cancun seems to be the one place that reps definately get far better prices than any website. Here's the email with the rates:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your email! Here are the rates for the first part of your stay for 3 adults in one room for 6 nights, then a separate quote for the last 2 nights for 2 adults at the Oasis Cancun! Hope this helps! Call me with any questions!

Oasis Cancun
3 adults - 6 nights, 7 days checking in on Aug-26-08, checking out on Sep-01-08 at the all-inclusive Oasis Cancun in a standard room includes accommodation, all food, drinks, activities, entertainment, non-motorized water sports, taxes, tips and r/t airport/hotel transfers.

Total cost for 3 adults, 6 nights a/i accommodation, r/t transfers = $1,109.79/3 = $ 369.93 per person.

Oasis Cancun
2 adults - 2 nights, 3 days checking in on Sep-01-08, checking out on Sep-03-08 at the all-inclusive Oasis Cancun in a standard room includes accommodation, all food, drinks, activities, entertainment, non-motorized water sports, taxes, tips and r/t airport/hotel transfers.

Total cost for 2 adults, 2 nights a/i accommodation, r/t transfers = $ 290.32/2 = $ 145.16 per person.

I hope that this has been helpful information for you Mark, and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Have a great day!
Sincerely,

Jennifer Competiello

paul_oshea
05/08/2008, 4:21 PM
all the reps are failry hot down there too - even the men! :D

so get in there shedite. hope no hurricane round then its always a risk, make sure ye get travel insurance to cover it.