PDA

View Full Version : Thompson gone from Blues.

Spoons
16/07/2008, 10:08 AM
I heard ex Shels player Jim Gannon , now manager at Stockport has signed Peter Thompson this morning....a fee of 100,000 stg is reported. :ball:

OneRedArmy
16/07/2008, 10:47 AM
That doesn't sound an awful lot of money?

Surely they'd have gotten more 1 or 2 seasons ago?

holidaysong
16/07/2008, 11:48 AM
He only has one year left on his contract though... £100,000 now is better than nothing in a years time I guess.

A face
16/07/2008, 3:40 PM
Thats unreal, a guy who is meant to be one of the best players up north going for that kind of money. If there ever was anyone wondering what was wrong with the system up there then all they have to do is point to this.

How clubs can invest money into players up there and then they go for that kind of money its unreal.

pete
16/07/2008, 4:02 PM
Best player in the IL goes to small League One team. Not good.

Cymro
17/07/2008, 2:23 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7511698.stm

Norwich were also interested but were outbid.

stiofain
17/07/2008, 4:34 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on in England.

Risteard
17/07/2008, 10:56 PM
Pistol Pete gone and the other fella about to keel over soon surely.
Who'll step into the breach for the Hallion Batallion or will they soon have competition for trophies?

Sniffer
18/07/2008, 1:22 PM
Who'll step into the breach for the Hallion Batallion or will they soon have competition for trophies?

Maybe Linfield'll be the ones to line Mandy Smith's pockets - he badly wants away from Portadown; Linfield badly need a couple of strikers. Their pockets are deep now anyhow, they can have their pick.

Steve Bruce
18/07/2008, 8:35 PM

I do not concern myself with Cork City. (if your going to try and call people names, at least be original instead of copying my sig)

But Linfield on the other hand need a few strikers. But hopefully we'll get a few. From where though, that is the problem.

Rumoured to be McAllister (turned down Celtic last season) and Kevin Kelbie (scored 1 every 2 games for a mid table team) and unfortunately Andy Smith.

Graemerz
20/07/2008, 9:44 AM
Not to mention the big names of Robbie White and Gary Browne. :D

SolitudeRed
20/07/2008, 4:45 PM
A Blues fan over on ILS was saying something about Chris Scannell going to Linfield as part of a deal for Downey to return Cliftonville think it was a wind up though Scannell is a Cliftonville man at heart and I can't see him putting in the same effort at windsor a bit like Downey. Added to that is the fact that hes not the youngest player about although DJ did sign John Martin from us and he is a couple of years older than Scannell so you never know!