PDA

View Full Version : players released

Pages : [1] 2

the dazzler
16/07/2008, 1:29 AM
has anyone the names of the players kerley has let go?

KevB76
16/07/2008, 7:39 AM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=93639

Limerick 37
Ins
Stephen Goggin (Tramore AFC)
Eoin O'Brien (Newmarket Celtic)
Paul Walsh (Bohemians Waterford)
Bobby Tier (Fairview)
Rory Carroll (Kilmallock)
Owen O'Sullivan (Fairview)
Brian Collopy (Wembley)
Jason Hughes (Lourdes Celtic)
Shane Barry (Limerick FC)
Gary Sheehan (Limerick FC)
Craig O'Hanlon (Wembley)
Shane Byrne (Fairview)
Thomas Lyons (Wembley)
Tony O'Mahoney (Fairview)
Jamie Wunsch (Cobh Ramblers)

Outs
Shane Tracy (Galway Utd) *End of Loan*
Donie Curtin (Released)
Padraig Fogerty (Released)
Ross Cosgrove (Released)
Bobby Gregg (Released)

blueblood
17/07/2008, 6:30 PM
Isn't Bruton gone?

bellavistaman
17/07/2008, 7:05 PM
Isn't Bruton gone?

**** sake hope not.

What about gareth cambridge lads, he'd be an ideal siging for ye.

L37Ultra
02/08/2008, 8:06 PM
It looks like Darren Harrington and Jonaton Grant are both leaving and singing for Fairview.

see's it
04/08/2008, 8:13 AM
It looks like Darren Harrington and Jonaton Grant are both leaving and singing for Fairview.

no loss,two very lazy players

the only 1
05/08/2008, 1:44 PM

and alan carroll didnt last long either:eek:

Jofspring
05/08/2008, 3:21 PM
and alan carroll didnt last long either:eek:

saw this somewhere else too. if true why has he decided to leave already??

TheBoss
05/08/2008, 4:24 PM
Was it not Rory Carroll ?

starbar
05/08/2008, 5:21 PM

would you blame him

straightup
05/08/2008, 6:14 PM
ahh not getting payed and traveling the country putting up with oddball kerley enough said

stann
05/08/2008, 6:23 PM
If it's any help, just from remembering the squad list sent by your own club for the match programme today, I think there was an Alan Carroll on it, but don't remember a Rory Carroll. I can check that later tonight.
There was no Bruton on there either which stood out somewhat more so, though I put him in anyway cos all our lot would be looking out for his name and if he did play and wasn't listed it'd look poor(er than usual). :)
Ross Cosgrove the same, but we know for defo he was released.
So is Bruton gone then?
What's the story with Paul Finucane, is he not with ye anymore either?

Monkfish
05/08/2008, 6:47 PM

Only thing I can think of is theres 3 players ahead of him for his position and the fact (from what little of him iv seen) that its gonna take him a while to get up to speed.

Monkfish
05/08/2008, 6:48 PM

Not since last year.

allab
05/08/2008, 9:24 PM
josse back to balla too

da bishop
05/08/2008, 11:48 PM
with all these players leaving,looks like our A team will struggle even worse than last weeks farce in tullamore.no way guerin should be allowed leave,better option than some we have.

Jofspring
06/08/2008, 10:01 AM
according to todays leader the players released are harrington, bruton, grant and rory carroll.

Ins: Colin Scanlon (Hong Kong FC)

L37Ultra
06/08/2008, 10:16 AM
You can add Derek McCarthy to that list of released players. We will have no players left at this stage.

KevB76
06/08/2008, 10:54 AM

He's back training with us now according to last Fridays program.

KevB76
06/08/2008, 11:00 AM
according to todays leader the players released are harrington, bruton, grant and rory carroll.

Cant understand how we can let go a player like Harrington.
All this building for the future stuff is shown up as a load of bull crap when we cant hold on to some of the best young local talent like Darren Harrington and Bobby Gregg.
Also Jonathan Grant was outstanding against UCD a couple of weeks ago, and now he's released ! WTF !?!

KevB76
06/08/2008, 11:06 AM
You can add Derek McCarthy to that list of released players. We will have no players left at this stage.

I'm sorry to see him go too, he hasn't featured at all under Kerley apart from a few minutes here and there at the start of the season. He was a favourite of mine, I like his attitude. Although in fairness he hadn't been scoring much even last season.

L37Ultra
06/08/2008, 11:36 AM
All this building for the future stuff is shown up as a load of bull crap when we cant hold on to some of the best young local talent like Darren Harrington and Bobby Gregg.
Also Jonathan Grant was outstanding against UCD a couple of weeks ago, and now he's released ! WTF !?!

Kev, I think its more of a fact that they wanted to leave rather than being released from the club for not being wanted. Its true that those 3 players you mention were probably the best players in that U-20's team last season which is a pity to see them go but I just get the impression that they didnt want to be with the club anymore

KevB76
06/08/2008, 11:56 AM
Kev, I think its more of a fact that they wanted to leave rather than being released from the club for not being wanted. Its true that those 3 players you mention were probably the best players in that U-20's team last season which is a pity to see them go but I just get the impression that they didnt want to be with the club anymore

So the obvious question is why did they want to leave ?

If it was down to money then let them off, becasue there is no point in the club spending money that it hasnt got on wages, like always happened in the past.

But if it's for any other reason then why hasnt the club done everything it can to keep these guys interested ?

Why werent they getting games when we all know they are better than some players who who always feature for the first team ?

Football Alien
06/08/2008, 12:06 PM

not an expert on the matter and not stirrin it up either but i was speaking to harrington and he just said he was sick of bein played on the left side of midfield and that he wasnt being given much of a chance in the middle. dont think there was much effort made to make them stay either. like i said im not stirrin it up just agree with what yer saying about bein 3 good young players and that its a pity they didnt make it this time. maybe playin a year or two with a good junior side will benefit them and then they mightmake the step up

inmoscow
06/08/2008, 7:49 PM
Sorry to see Harrington go,ran the show against Dundalk at home last season,also had a blinder in cork v douglas hall.seems he never got back to full fitness after an illness last year,a potentially xcellent eircom league player imo,ask john gill!

gael353
07/08/2008, 11:15 AM
sorry to see carthy go too but from what i know he has been injured for a long time and is still injured. Hes manager of Kilmallock so he wants to commit to them full time. He sought his release in the knowledge that he might only be fit for the last two games of the season. Best of luck carthy the best finisher the club has had in the last ten years

joeSoap
07/08/2008, 11:34 AM
Probably..no, definitely, the best clubman Limerick soccer has had over the past decade. Kilmallocks gain. Its always been an ambition of his to start out his coaching career with his local club, and now he's getting his chance.

Thanks for all the goals kid!! Good luck.

Football Alien
07/08/2008, 1:54 PM
Probably..no, definitely, the best clubman Limerick soccer has had over the past decade. Kilmallocks gain. Its always been an ambition of his to start out his coaching career with his local club, and now he's getting his chance.

would paul finucane not be up there as the best clubman?and is derek not from kilfinane?

good clubman alright and good player to grab you a goal!!

joeSoap
07/08/2008, 2:05 PM
would paul finucane not be up there as the best clubman?and is derek not from kilfinane? Derek's actually from Ardpatrick, and Kilmallock are his local club.

Why would you have Finny as a better clubman than Carthy? They're both fantastic lads really, but Paul's hunger for the club and the game have gone. Derek's will always be there, he just physically can't do it any more because of injuries.

Paul, I would say is the most naturally talented footballer the club has ever produced. Derek the most dedicated.

sadloserkid
07/08/2008, 4:29 PM

Couldn't agree more Kev. Granted Kerley doesn't deign to watch the A team so he's probably unaware of Grant's progress. :rolleyes: Bad sign indeed when the likes of Guerin and Carroll are rushing for the exits so soon after signing. Surprised Harrington hung on as long as he did after he was brought on seemingly for no other reason than to sub him within minutes against Dundalk a few weeks back.

One of the standard lines trotted out this season has been how we're building for the future and it was genuinely encouraging to see the players we had coming through. Our league form, patchy and all as it is, is no worse than I would have expected at the season's beginning.

Noel O'Connor was regularly chastised for mistreating players during his spells at the helm. It's probably a little soon to be throwing the same accusations at Kerley but at the same time... Harrrington, Grant, McCarthy, Guerin, Carroll... it's been a busy week!

straightup
07/08/2008, 8:20 PM
lads if there not up to it them move them on

Monkfish
07/08/2008, 10:16 PM
lads if there not up to it them move them on

True, but id say myself its the players themseves who wanted to go due to the fact that most of those mentioned wont usually start.

see's it
07/08/2008, 10:21 PM
Derek's actually from Ardpatrick, and Kilmallock are his local club.

Why would you have Finny as a better clubman than Carthy? They're both fantastic lads really, but Paul's hunger for the club and the game have gone. Derek's will always be there, he just physically can't do it any more because of injuries.

Paul, I would say is the most naturally talented footballer the club has ever produced. Derek the most dedicated.

daithi mcmahon would be pushing for that title aswell and with him being more attack minded id give him my vote

Monkfish
08/08/2008, 12:21 AM
Any chance you could get a pole set up on this one Mr SLK?
My vote goes to Wayne, with the White brothers, Tommy B and Peter White close behind.

inmoscow
08/08/2008, 9:07 AM

did you have any part to play in his release this time joe,given your history in that famous transfer to waterford,or galway for that matter!tickets,vip area,sponsership,ring a bell!!!!

joeSoap
08/08/2008, 10:53 AM
funny man..:D:D

Sniffer
08/08/2008, 12:10 PM
So what's known about Colin Scanlon?

inmoscow
08/08/2008, 8:02 PM
funny man..:D:D
which bit do you find funny?the fact that you played a huge part in our top scorer getting turfed out to waterford when pushing for promotion or the sponserhip element,should i elaborate?

inmoscow
08/08/2008, 8:05 PM
Best clubman by a country mile,howie king!

inmoscow
08/08/2008, 8:58 PM
In a word.MITSUBISHI.

timmy
19/08/2008, 5:47 PM
lads know im prob in the wrong thread but how is Shane Clarke not up with Limerick.
By far the best young player in town. No offence to Janesboro but seriously.

gael353
19/08/2008, 7:35 PM
id agree by far the best but the obvious ans is lack of ambition.

Lim till i die
19/08/2008, 9:21 PM
lads know im prob in the wrong thread but how is Shane Clarke not up with Limerick.
By far the best young player in town.

Jason Hughes is a better player than Shane Clarke.

Lim till i die
19/08/2008, 9:27 PM

Two boys well down the pecking order in centre mid.

and alan carroll didnt last long either

But not as far as this youngfella.

Surprised Harrington hung on as long as he did after he was brought on seemingly for no other reason than to sub him within minutes against Dundalk a few weeks back.

In fairness man, it's pointless stirring on here when you know full well why he was subbed up in Oriel.*

Bit unorthodox but I actually agreed with it in hindsight.

*Apologies in advance if you don't actually know. :p

sadloserkid
20/08/2008, 10:59 AM
Two boys well down the pecking order in centre mid.

How far down? Colbert, Hughes, Barrett... Grant showed with the A team that he's a better striker than Manjor or Hayes or any of the other dross with an inside track to the Magician's affections?

Lim till i die
20/08/2008, 4:51 PM
How far down? Colbert, Hughes, Barrett... Grant showed with the A team that he's a better striker than Manjor or Hayes or any of the other dross with an inside track to the Magician's affections?

Those three is far enough to be honest man.

Grant had lots of chances to show he was up to it at senior level and he didn't.

Harrington had lots of chances to show he was fit enough and he didn't. Maybe not his fault but certainly not Mike Kerleys fault either.

I think it's a bit disengenuous to put their departure down to not being in the magicians favour when there were and are obvious reasons.

We're not talking Carthy on loan to Waaaaherfur here.

alidiei
20/08/2008, 6:36 PM
lim til i die you have never kicked a ball in your intire life and you go around posting comments as if you know it all but im sorry you know nothing

sadloserkid
20/08/2008, 9:42 PM
Grant had lots of chances to show he was up to it at senior level and he didn't.

Harrington had lots of chances to show he was fit enough and he didn't. Maybe not his fault but certainly not Mike Kerleys fault either.

How many chances? Six? Eight? There's no way he had more starts than that. Wayne Colbert was no better than reasonable when he emerged on the scene first. Pushing good, young talent towards the door because they're not amazing just yet it short-sighted at best and wilfully moronic at worst.

The Shane Guerin thing is baffling too. Beyond baffling.

And the petty stuff like not allowing the A team players to train with the first team players? :confused: Kerley's come a long way from the united squad he welded first time around (and yes joeSoap I'm aware it was NOC's squad! :D).

joeSoap
21/08/2008, 8:46 AM
And the petty stuff like not allowing the A team players to train with the first team players? Kerley's come a long way from the united squad he welded first time around (and yes joeSoap I'm aware it was NOC's squad! :D). Did I say anything??;):D

On a more serious note, for me this season has been all about getting the house in order off the pitch, and the club seem to be making progress in that area.

Regarding the on-pitch activity, I wasn't aware of things like the A training etc, and tbh would be a bit concerned about things like that. However, a manager lives or dies on his results, and we've had some very unexpected, impressive ones to date. I'm sure people won't give a toss if next season we get promoted and he has the A squad washing the boots and kit of the first team.

A fifth place finish would be progress, and the best we could have hoped for at the start of a very uncertain season.

Monkfish
21/08/2008, 11:00 AM
lim til i die you have never kicked a ball in your intire life and you go around posting comments as if you know it all but im sorry you know nothing

He's a Southend legend so what are you on about mr newbie?