PDA

View Full Version : Ireland V Russia Tickets (available for collection)

soccerc
21/08/2003, 1:46 PM
Euro2004 Qualifier, Republic of Ireland V Russia, Saturday 6th September
2003 Lansdowne Road, Kick off 4pm.

First the good news - Supporters of eircom League clubs have been allocated
a large number of North Terrace (bucket seats) tickets for this game and the
friendly against Turkey a few days later.

The ticket prices for the games are Russia €25 and Turkey €15, (note the
seating will still be in place for the Turkey game.)

The tickets will be allocated on a pro-rata basis dependent upon your take
up for the last three games against Georgia, Albania and Australia but
hopefully everyone can be accommodated.

The impact that this large grouping of the supporters of the domestic game
has had at Lansdowne has been huge. No doubt you'll recall the Albania game
where the atmosphere in the ground was electric with those in the Stands and
South Terrace getting involved, participating in the singing and chanting.

We want to improve on this and your ideas are very welcomed on how this can
be achieved.

The TIFO flags have generated much comment and ALL clubs/groups are
especially asked to bring theirs along to the Russia game no matter what
their colour. (Special arrangements will be made to ensure ease of access
for the flag bearers).

Also, can you ensure that the large and small tricolours distributed to use
are brought along so we can mark out our territory.

Finally, What I need from you now is an indication of the quantity of
tickets you'll likely require ASAP, though I cannot promise you'll get the
full amount.

Please get back to me with any queries you have.

Regards

John Barrington

James
21/08/2003, 1:52 PM
great news john
couldnt make aussie game but the albania match was my first ever ireland game and loved it.
will def be going to russia match if can get a ticket

james :ball:

Socrates
21/08/2003, 4:31 PM
Great news John

Managed to get tickets for the Albania and Gorgia games, not in the Eircom section but right beside it. There was a fantastic atmosphere. Must really intimidate opponents when they come out on the pitch to that racket!! I'd be more than delighted to contribute to the same atmosphere at the Russia game but am struggling to get my hands on any tickets.

If you have a few to spare I'd love to go. I've got 3 other friends who would also love to come along. They were also at Georgia and Albania games but like me can't seem to get tickets for the big one on the 6th.

Thanks

Socrates

Schumi
22/08/2003, 10:33 AM
Socrates :D

Dodge
01/09/2003, 12:21 PM
The Match tickets for Saturdays game against Russia are now available for collection.

Please contact the FAI Ticket Office 1890 202 358 and tell them who you are and which club you represent.

Arrangements for collection/delivery should be agreed between you. Please note the ticket office will not be open on Saturday.

oconghc2
04/09/2003, 3:58 PM
how r ya

if you hav any spare tickets going id be willing to buy them off you, just replying to your post , dont know who these tickets are available for

go raibh mile

Peadar
04/09/2003, 4:01 PM
Originally posted by oconghc2
dont know who these tickets are available for

eircom League Supporters Clubs.

Schumi
04/09/2003, 4:01 PM
The tickets are for Eircom League supporters' clubs and I assume that there aren't any left unaccounted for.

Dodge
05/09/2003, 9:16 AM
I reckon most will be oversubscribed. I know the SEI has a waiting list

Slash/ED
05/09/2003, 2:38 PM
Hmmm, it's a good idea, but it seems anyone who didn't know where to look for the tickets before the Albania match will never get any, as it's staying with the people who were in from the start. That seems a bit unfair to me, as I personally didn't know they'd be available through the Shels site messageboard so now the tickets are being kept between those who were lucky enough to get their names down early and nobody else has a chance. As it happens, I bought my tickets for those matches through Shelbourne themselves after ringing them, thinking it was the EL promotion but it was in fact a completley different promotion which isn't available for the Russia one. Would it not be a fairer system to get the names of all interested and do a draw for every match?

Dodge
05/09/2003, 3:14 PM
There's two separate things here.

All eL clubs get an official allocation. The clubs have different ways of distributing these (sponsers, patrons, season ticket holders etc)

The eL North Terrace tickets are part of a drive by the FAI to create a better atmosphere at games in Lansdowne. John Barrington of soccercentral contacted supporters groups (like the SEI and the SRFC Ultras) who are involved in created atmosphere at eL games. In the absence of a group like this fanzines and supporters' clubs were approached. The tickets were meant PURELY for people who would get involved in creating colourful displays and would sing their hearts out.

The tickets were then allocated (as fairly as possibly) by the FAI through soccercentral to one person only per club (i.e. a representative of fans). Its then up to that person to see who gets the tickets.

So if you're a Shels fan and you didn't get one of these tickets contact either the Kids who sing (I forget their name) or the Official Shelbourne supporters' group.

Peadar
05/09/2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Slash/ED
now the tickets are being kept between those who were lucky enough to get their names down early and nobody else has a chance.

So there was only 2 tickets between the 3 of you then :D

Slash/ED
05/09/2003, 3:23 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
So there was only 2 tickets between the 3 of you then :D

Credit where it's due, that was a good one :)

And Dodge, you're right this was probably the wrong place to post, thanks for replying all the same.

Macy
05/09/2003, 3:24 PM
I don't know about other clubs, but our tickets weren't over subscribed for all three games.... Particularly the Oz game, so from our point of view the only fair way of distributing them was to people who had taken them previously.....

Maybe the net isn't the fairest means of communicating, but in Longford case the main vocal group do have the access, or know someone who does who could inform them...

Also it's worth remembering that it's fans giving up their time to organise the collection of names, collection of monies, collection of tickets, distribution of tickets etc.

Dodge
05/09/2003, 3:43 PM
In the SEI's case most of it is done on the net but I'd say less than half those who got tickets have access. We basically took names for the first game and kept the same group. Like Macys lot we could have got more for the other games but for this one, tickets were limited. It was only fair that those who supported this all the way through got tickets

Slash/ED
05/09/2003, 4:36 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
In the SEI's case most of it is done on the net but I'd say less than half those who got tickets have access. We basically took names for the first game and kept the same group. Like Macys lot we could have got more for the other games but for this one, tickets were limited. It was only fair that those who supported this all the way through got tickets

Well, I'd agree, but it is unfair on those who were simply not able to get tickets in the first place.

I guess either way someones unhappy and I'm only complaining because right now that's me but it's definitely a good idea by the FAI anyway.

Peadar
05/09/2003, 5:21 PM
I guess either way someones unhappy and I'm only complaining because right now that's me

Chin up Slash/ED.
Hopefully the FAI will put a proper setup in place for the World Cup Qualifyers. If this happens then you may be able to get the Shels allocation expanded to include all three of you.
If you can find out who's in charge of things at your end then get in touch and ask for tickets to the Turkey game. It's not going to sort you out for the game tomorrow but it's a start.

Slash/ED
05/09/2003, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Chin up Slash/ED.
Hopefully the FAI will put a proper setup in place for the World Cup Qualifyers. If this happens then you may be able to get the Shels allocation expanded to include all three of you.
If you can find out who's in charge of things at your end then get in touch and ask for tickets to the Turkey game. It's not going to sort you out for the game tomorrow but it's a start.

Is it not too late for the Turkey match? Either way, I've actually managed to get tickets for the North end for the Turkey match anyway through ticketmaster, friendlys are always easier to get tickets for, but I'll keep pestering whoevers in charge by the time the next home match rolls around.

Schumi
08/09/2003, 3:26 PM
We weren't oversubscribed for any match other than Russia either so anyone who took tickets for the earlier games had more of a right to tickets for the Russia game IMO.

soccerc
08/09/2003, 3:53 PM
Well, I'd agree, but it is unfair on those who were simply not able to get tickets in the first place.

I guess either way someones unhappy and I'm only complaining because right now that's me but it's definitely a good idea by the FAI anyway.

How is it unfair, it was well publicised and anyone who wanted a ticket (at Shelbourne) had no problem getting one as far as I am aware.

Slash/ED
08/09/2003, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by soccerc
How is it unfair, it was well publicised and anyone who wanted a ticket (at Shelbourne) had no problem getting one as far as I am aware.

Well it might have been just me but I didn't think to check the message board on the Shelbourne site, I rarely go on there anyway, there was nothing said in the stands at the matches where I was anyway.