PDA

View Full Version : A Championship 2009 Applicants ?

DmanDmythDledge
15/07/2008, 2:10 PM
I've heard that Kildare have applied for a team- looks like they are dropping down a division.

holidaysong
15/07/2008, 2:19 PM
I've heard that Kildare have applied for a team- looks like they are dropping down a division.

They aren't dropping down a division. They will field an A team along with a senior team in the LOI (like Limerick are currently doing).

DmanDmythDledge
15/07/2008, 2:22 PM
They aren't dropping down a division. They will field an A team along with a senior team in the LOI (like Limerick are currently doing).
I doubt that, I thought they could barely afford to run their club at the moment.

holidaysong
15/07/2008, 2:26 PM
I doubt that, I thought they could barely afford to run their club at the moment.

Speaking to www.kildarecountyfc.com at the County training grounds at Celbridge Football Park today manager John Ryan stated. “ In line with the club’s strategy I am delighted to give local players an opportunity to compete at Senior level and Barry (O'Connor) and I intend to continue with this policy”. Ryan continued “I am also delighted that the club will be entering an under 20 team in the league which starts in August and that it is also envisaged that an application will be made to the FAI to enter a side in the “A” Championship for 2009”. “This is the road we have to go to ensure that we can bring the young talented players through to compete at Senior level” the manager concluded.

http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/news/news-details.asp?NewsID=1051

Dodge
15/07/2008, 2:33 PM
Kildare are one of the few clubs who's future ahsn't been threatened. Good to see them expanding. Hope it works out for them

pineapple stu
15/07/2008, 4:40 PM
Was reported recently that they had trouble with players' wages; could well be newspaper talk. There's a post in the Kildare forum somewhere; will try dig it up for reference.