PDA

View Full Version : Tipp South & District League 2008/09

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Town Fan
15/07/2008, 10:34 AM
Any gossip on the TSDL front?
Is Charlie Mckeever still CTFC manager and have Town signed any new players. Have any of the players left?

Has Chris Higgins left Michaels

balls
15/07/2008, 5:38 PM
think michaels have signed tony egan from bansha. havent hears of any other signings. hopefully clonmel celtic and peake villa pick up a few new players to make for a more competitive league next year

Town Fan
17/07/2008, 12:17 PM
think michaels have signed tony egan from bansha. havent hears of any other signings. hopefully clonmel celtic and peake villa pick up a few new players to make for a more competitive league next year

Thats a good signing for saints, he is a very good player.

ronburgundy
24/07/2008, 5:02 PM
Anybody know whats hapening with promotion/relegation? Heard pairic fogarty back with peake

stevie11
24/07/2008, 6:36 PM
Chris Higgins is signing for Bansha!!!!

balls
24/07/2008, 6:48 PM
have peake any other signings made. higgins is one of best defenders in the league great signing for bansha. i think story with relegation is borris and galbally gone down and just old bridge going up so will be 8 team premier division next season

ronburgundy
24/07/2008, 6:53 PM
higgins is a big loss to michaels. dont see them challenging. not enogh going forward. 8 team league is terrible, not enough games as it is

balls
24/07/2008, 6:58 PM
might make for a more competitive league, galbally and borris were terrible last year.
hopefully cahir clonmel celtic and peake strengthen this year and we have a decent league this year. standard last year was terrible

ronburgundy
24/07/2008, 7:13 PM
can anybody beat town tho? is mckeever still manager? heard peake have many players back and cahir are outting strong squad together

Tipperary_Man
25/07/2008, 5:54 PM
Heard Peake are getting their LOI players back, any word on who Clonmel Town have signed? Cahir ended up with a very young team last year, any names for them? the more competitive the league the better but I see Michael's as being in decline

balls
26/07/2008, 6:27 PM
hopefully peake can sustain a challenge so i think michaels will still be strong though. wrrite them off at your pearl

Tipperary_Man
26/07/2008, 10:57 PM
hopefully peake can sustain a challenge so i think michaels will still be strong though. wrrite them off at your pearl

yeah true you never know who they will sign, but I think Saints are still too reliant on other clubs for players thus pushing other players out of the club, loyalty goes a long way in this league. Bansha seemingly have a few Saints players apart from Higgy but mainly young lads,
Heard Clonmel Celtic have the 2 Shanahans from Town and Emmet Ryan is gone to Clonmel Town from the Bridge but don't know are these definite

Peake have Ted O Connor, Foggy, Barry Ryan, Derek Loughnane and Danny Graham so the league should be more competitive

more transfer activity in the TSDL than in the Premiership :)

Any more new teams in the league, Dundrum have started up again and I wonder will they make much of an impact in the 4th Division, can also see the 1st Division very hard to predict as there are some good teams in there, Galbally did not give a good account of themselves last year which I was surprised by so they along with Town B must be favourites for the division

ronburgundy
27/07/2008, 6:34 PM
s does anyone know whats happening wih who is coming up to the premier and who is down? i would agree with michaels in decline. time f celtic or peake to challenge

ronburgundy
27/07/2008, 6:37 PM
and some of those villa players are hardly league of ireland level

zizu's head
28/07/2008, 11:52 AM
s does anyone know whats happening wih who is coming up to the premier and who is down? i would agree with michaels in decline. time f celtic or peake to challenge

Two-Mile-Borris and Galbally are relegated and Old Bridge and Rosegren are promoted.
I can't really see past Clonmel Town for the league again this year, unless Peake Villa can do something. This I'm sure would depend on the players they are getting back and if they pick up 1 or 2 from maybe Borris?? I don't really know what's happening as regards St. Michaels. Is there truth in the rumour that Paul Kennedy is going back to Clonmel Celtic? ( Let the rumours commence !! :D )

zizu's head
28/07/2008, 11:57 AM
Any more new teams in the league, Dundrum have started up again and I wonder will they make much of an impact in the 4th Division, can also see the 1st Division very hard to predict as there are some good teams in there, Galbally did not give a good account of themselves last year which I was surprised by so they along with Town B must be favourites for the division

Alot will depend on whether or not Two-Mile-Borris can keep hold of their best players. If they can then they will be contenders, no doubt!

stevie11
28/07/2008, 3:20 PM
Lads are Rosegreen def heading to de premier??? Not too sure bout that!!!

Tipperary_Man
28/07/2008, 4:48 PM
Rosegreen came 3rd last year, I heard Borris and Galbally have come down with only the Bridge gone up.

Should be very entertaining derbies with Cashel this season if the past few encounters are anything from what I've heard and one can never count out the Wildies too.

Has Coady left Clonmel Town or is he still with them?

ronburgundy
28/07/2008, 7:51 PM
heard ken ryan is to sign with michaels along with dan graham from borris. clonmel beaten 5-4 in frendly against blackcastle

Tipperary_Man
28/07/2008, 9:45 PM
Danny has signed with Peake unless he has changed his mind but I don't think he would be an addition unless he gets seriously fit, Ken Ryan packed it in at the end of last year but one would have to question if he still has the commitment for junior soccer anymore, his best days are behind him but still a top player on his day.
Read in another thread Mernagh who was with Michaels last year is gone to Athlone Town

being honest we won't know the full stories until the league has kicked off with all the comings and goings, Town are still the team to beat though, was their friendly a mixture of A and B players?

zizu's head
29/07/2008, 11:25 AM
Rosegreen came 3rd last year, I heard Borris and Galbally have come down with only the Bridge gone up.

It looks like we're not too sure about how many are going up/down!! :confused:
I had heard that only the Old Bridge were promoted, with Borris and Galbally still going down. But the Old Bridge players seem to think that themselves and Rosegreen are getting promoted!! Clonmel Town B finished 2nd last season but they can't get promoted, so Rosegreen qualify, having finished 3rd!
Does anyone have a definite answer to this?

kamikaze
29/07/2008, 12:31 PM
i think its one up and two going down.Rock Rovers have lost probably there best player Spud Murphy and goalkeeper Ger Robinson to Carrick Utd heard Alan Coady is coming back to the Rock and Mikey Coady has signed for Carrick also.

balls
31/07/2008, 1:22 PM
any o0ther transfer news or pre season results. anyone know when league is starting

supporter
31/07/2008, 6:11 PM
ray macmahon michaels going back to ballananty rvs

ronburgundy
31/07/2008, 9:35 PM
another big loss for michaels. it already looks like a walk in the park for clonmel

Tipperary_Man
01/08/2008, 9:31 PM
did the referee walk off the pitch at half time during a St Michaels friendly last night and refuse to do the 2nd half over the abuse he was getting??

C.T.F.C
02/08/2008, 10:16 AM
Clonmel Town v Dungarvan Utd 1-2

Clonmel Town v Blackcastle Utd 4-5

Clonmel Town v Carrick Utd 1-1

Clonmel Town v Waterford Crystal 2-2

Clonmel Town v Freebooters (7.15pm, 5th Aug)
Clonmel Town v Leeside (7.15pm, 7th Aug)
Clonmel Town v Kinsale (2pm, 9th Aug)

Tipperary_Man
05/08/2008, 10:03 PM
has the draw been made for any of the shield competitions or the first round of league fixtures?

Mercurial Vapor
06/08/2008, 9:02 AM
C.T.F.C., any result from the Clonmel Tn V Freebooters friendly last night?

leather
06/08/2008, 11:00 AM
Lads,maybe you can help me out on question that i have been asked about players suspension.?
if a player moves from one league to another league for the new season does his outstanding suspensions stand from other league?
pls no smart arse answers as this is genuine attempt to give some body the correct advise...

thks..

C.T.F.C
06/08/2008, 12:40 PM
C.T.F.C., any result from the Clonmel Tn V Freebooters friendly last night?

0-0 draw. T'was woeful- biggest round of applause was when the ref blew the final whistle. Enough said.

Town Fan
06/08/2008, 12:49 PM
0-0 draw. T'was woeful- biggest round of applause was when the ref blew the final whistle. Enough said.

Town don't seem to be shaping up well. Is there any new signings?
Have to say its a worry

Mercurial Vapor
06/08/2008, 12:53 PM

Were both sides at full strength? Any strong points or weaknesses you could pick out on the Freeboters team?

serpico
06/08/2008, 4:58 PM
has kennedy gone to clonmel town.alan barry ex boro gone to st michaels can anyone confirm these.

zizu's head
06/08/2008, 6:03 PM
has kennedy gone to clonmel town.alan barry ex boro gone to st michaels can anyone confirm these.

From what I've heard, Paul Kennedy is supposed to be joining Clonmel Celtic, not Town!

oscar
07/08/2008, 9:23 AM

Alan has signed with St.Michaels

Town Fan
07/08/2008, 1:52 PM
From what I've heard, Paul Kennedy is supposed to be joining Clonmel Celtic, not Town!

Is it true that he played a few friendly's for Town? If thats true why would he then go back to celtic

zizu's head
07/08/2008, 5:44 PM
Is it true that he played a few friendly's for Town? If thats true why would he then go back to celtic

I think he played a few friendlies for Celtic, not Town.

League starting Sunday week.
Old Bridge v Clonmel Town
Bansha Celtic v Cahir Park

Does anyone else have the rest of the fixtures?

Town Fan
07/08/2008, 6:05 PM
I think he played a few friendlies for Celtic, not Town.

League starting Sunday week.

Does anyone else have the rest of the fixtures?

Well I saw him playing for Town against Carrick

zizu's head
07/08/2008, 7:13 PM
Well I saw him playing for Town against Carrick

Oh right!! :confused:
That's news to me. :D

balls
07/08/2008, 9:54 PM
watch out for bansha. there meant to be training hard under foxy grace, and have a good few ex saint michaels players signed

Tipperary_Man
07/08/2008, 10:13 PM
Will Michael's be paying Barry as much as they were paying Mernagh :D

Tipperary_Man
07/08/2008, 10:14 PM
watch out for bansha. there meant to be training hard under foxy grace, and have a good few ex saint michaels players signed

Tony Egan i heard is still with them and the saints players are young mainly from B team but talented none the less, Bansha will rattle a few teams at home and they have a manager with the nohow too

zizu's head
07/08/2008, 10:49 PM
Here is the complete list of fixtures for next weekend and for the following Wednesday:

Sunday 17th August 2008

Premier League

Rock Rovers v Rosegreen Rangers
St. Michael's v Peake Villa

Shield Division 1 Preliminary Round

Cashel Town v Galbally United

Wednesday 20th August 2008

Premier League

Clonmel Town v Rock Rovers
Peake Villa v Bansha Celtic
Rosegreen Rangers v St. Michael's
Cahir Park v Clonmel Celtic

ronburgundy
10/08/2008, 7:34 PM
my predictions for first day .....................rock rovers 3-0 rosegreen.................bansha 1-1 cahir.................saints 1-1 peake.................oldbridge 1-3 clonmel.

Tipperary_Man
12/08/2008, 1:29 PM
Fixtures for 23rd, 24th and 27th August 2008

TipperarySouthern & District League Fixtures

Saturday 23/8/08

Youth League

Rock Rovers v Clonmel Town

Cahir Park v Vee Rovers

Cullen-Lattin v St. Nicholas

Moyglass United v Two Mile Borris

Clerihan v Killenaule Rovers

Sunday 24/8/08

Premier League

Clonmel Celtic v Clonmel Town

St. Michael's v Cahir Park

Rock Rovers v Old Bridge

Peake Villa v Rosegreen Rangers

Shield Division 1

Moyglass United v St. Nicholas

Kilmanahan United v St. Michael's B

Wilderness Rovers v Clonmel Town B

Two Mile Borris v Cashel Town or Galbally United

Shield Division 2

Glengoole United v Clonmel Celtic B

Killenaule Rovers v St. Kieran's

Killusty v Cullen-Lattin

Ballingarry Albion v Vee Rovers

Shield Division 3

Sarsfield Rovers v Kilsheelan United

Donohill-Doon Celtic v Cashel Town B

Redmondstown v Mullinahone

Two Mile Borris B v Glen Villa

Wednesday 27/8/08

Premier League

St. Michael's v Old Bridge

Bansha Celtic v Clonmel Town

Rock Rovers v Cahir Park

Clonmel Celtic v Peake Villa

Shield Division 4 will commence on Sunday 31/8/08

taken from www.tsdl.ie

Town Fan
13/08/2008, 9:20 AM
I saw Town last night lose three nil to Janesboro, it could have been six or seven. I am very worried about Town for the new season. We have signed nobody and lost out on Paul Kennedy. Paul Shanahan is gone to Celtic as has Christy Aylward.
It was time for a change of manager. Mckeever has done well for Town but we need a fresh approach. I predict that Town will win nothing this season.

bishbash
13/08/2008, 12:20 PM
town will win everything again this year because there is nobody near then again yhis year. St Michaels seem to have been weakend also, Peake villa might be a threat with some players back they will be dark horses, Clonmel Celtic while they have strengthened are still way off. While town and michaels have lost a couple and the other teams have added a few i still think the gap is too big. With that said I'm sure local trophies are the least of the big two's concerns and at this stage its hard to see them win either of the big ones. but you just never know.....

Tipperary_Man
13/08/2008, 7:47 PM
there's more chance of pigs flying than Michael's winning an FAI

Town Fan
14/08/2008, 7:48 AM
there's more chance of pigs flying than Michael's winning an FAI

Town won't get to the last 16 in either of the big cups. They are in rag order