PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Russia tickets

martybhoy
21/08/2003, 9:13 PM
Will there be tickets onsale on Monday from the FAI for the Russia game? I can't see Russia selling out and am looking tickets. If anyone can help please let me know.

bitored
21/08/2003, 10:07 PM
Can't see it selling out? You must be joking - it's only the most important match (arguably) since Spain in Suwon.

martybhoy
21/08/2003, 10:14 PM
LOL, I mean't I can't see Russia selling there full allocation of what 2,500/3,000. If they don't then the reminding tickets go on sale I think

pete
22/08/2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by martybhoy
LOL, I mean't I can't see Russia selling there full allocation of what 2,500/3,000. If they don't then the reminding tickets go on sale I think

Seems like Russia have returned a bunch of their tickets already some of which will be distributed through eL club supporter groups.

Mayo_Bhoy
22/08/2003, 11:16 AM
Marty, Whatever tickets come back are being sold from the FAI offices, Merrion Square next Monday, August 25th on a first come first served basis. Not sure of the time. Try ringing them at 01 7037500

martybhoy
23/08/2003, 8:27 PM
Cheers Mayo bhoy, will do on Monday

Junior
24/08/2003, 9:27 PM
it says they won't know until fri 29th on www.fai.ie

but I'd still give them aring first thing tomorrow incase

markf
25/08/2003, 10:26 AM
Anyone know if any will come on sale at the end of this week????

Peadar
25/08/2003, 12:24 PM
Not even the FAI can tell you that.
They're not due back from the Russian FA until Friday.

pgernon
28/08/2003, 4:09 PM
If anyone has a spare ticket (even beter two spare tickets) for the game please call me on the bellow number as I will be working on sat and onable to get tickets then.

Cheers Paul

donoghm
28/08/2003, 5:34 PM
The FAI has a very limited number of tickets available for sale for the match against Russia on September 6 2003.

These tickets will be strictly limited to two per person and can be booked by telephone only (for payment by cash or credit card) by calling 01 7037590. Tickets are priced at 25 euro each.

This line will open at 10:00 am on Saturday August 30 (because of the limited availability no tickets will be available at Merrion Square )
From http://www.fai.ie

Peadar
01/09/2003, 9:13 AM
Did anyone manage to get tickets on Saturday?
All of my friends who tried said that the line was constantly engaged.

Junior
01/09/2003, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
Did anyone manage to get tickets on Saturday?
All of my friends who tried said that the line was constantly engaged.

my mate tried, same thing, engaged constantly, got through once and it just rang out.

elroy
01/09/2003, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know whats the story with the tickets last sat?
Theres no answer from the FAI today.
Couldnt get through to the number on sat so i presume they all sold out?

If anyone has tickets to sell for the game,
please contact me
elroyts@hotmail.com

Cheers.

Kerryman
01/09/2003, 10:51 AM
Did anyone actually get tickets on Saturday ?

I started dialling at 10 am and continued pressing re-dial till 1 am.
At 10.40 am I got the ringtone - but guess what - it rang out.
This happened six more times - was there anyone there at all ?

Also, some Telecom Guru might advise me if country boys are at a disadvantage for phone in's like this ?

The bottom line is that I am still looking for two tickets for the game Vs. Russia. Can anyone help ?

A face
01/09/2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Kerryman
Also, some Telecom Guru might advise me if country boys are at a disadvantage for phone in's like this ?

Depends on how many lines they can hold and have the Q is setup.

petef
01/09/2003, 11:53 AM
You'd think they'd do some sort of internet facility for booking like every other nation does whether it be rugby or soccer.

Macy
01/09/2003, 12:16 PM
You mean once you take away all the block bookers.... Selling over the net is the easiest for Touts to get their share, as per Euro 04 tickets that everyone was giving out about.....

Slash/ED
01/09/2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Junior
my mate tried, same thing, engaged constantly, got through once and it just rang out.

That's exactly what happend me, I waited somewhere between half an hour to an hour of just ringing and getting an engaged tone, finally the thing rings and it just rings out, very very frustrating.

Schumi
01/09/2003, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by Kerryman
if country boys are at a disadvantage for phone in's like this ? Yeah, you need to be able to use a phone. :D

4tothefloor
02/09/2003, 12:00 AM
The exact same happened me - I rang for an hour and it was constantly engaged. Got through 4 times but it just rang out each time. Very annoying.

I'm thinking of taking a chance and just going on the day in the hope of getting a ticket. Myself and a friend had tickets going to the Swiss game, but 8 of us travelled and they all ended up getting tickets. What would my chances be of getting one on the day?

ger121
02/09/2003, 2:54 AM
[B]I started ringing at about 9.30 and rang constantly for an hour and it was engaged the whole time. I'm beginning to think that there was never any tickets to sell in the first place. They were probably snapped up by people who know someone down Merrion way!!! but they had to put in the apperance of making them available to the public. Who knows???[B]

Bosco
02/09/2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 4tothefloor

I'm thinking of taking a chance and just going on the day in the hope of getting a ticket. Myself and a friend had tickets going to the Swiss game, but 8 of us travelled and they all ended up getting tickets. What would my chances be of getting one on the day?
There were tickets available on the day for the georgia and albania games.The best thing to do is set up camp outside the offices, cos usually tickets become available

Schumi
02/09/2003, 1:39 PM
Originally posted by Bosco
There were tickets available on the day for the georgia and albania games.The best thing to do is set up camp outside the offices, cos usually tickets become available There aren't for this game according to the FAI.

Fun_mac_Cool
03/09/2003, 10:53 AM
Haw Bloody Haw !
Still looking for 2 Tickets ?

West5
03/09/2003, 3:44 PM
:confused:

Flights from London booked.....accommodation booked......ready for kick-off....not a ticket in sight!

Looking for between 1 and 3 tickets for the Russia game and 1 for the Swiss game.

Any help gratefully appreciated...

By the way, any clues on a good footie pub in Dublin to watch the game, if - god forbid - the tickets are in short supply?

pete
03/09/2003, 4:08 PM
Ireland v Russia is already sold out.