Tir Oilean
14/07/2008, 7:20 PM
Well at least its a home tie looking forward to it

Sumac
15/07/2008, 7:42 AM
Any idea when its on?

gufct
15/07/2008, 2:25 PM
how about everyone on here and the gust site trying to fill Terryland for the next few games. there is no point waiting on the club to do it.

Mr Maroon
15/07/2008, 3:08 PM
how about everyone on here and the gust site trying to fill Terryland for the next few games. there is no point waiting on the club to do it.
How do you suggest we do that? Shepard 3,500 people through the gates?

Mr A
15/07/2008, 3:10 PM
And how would the club do it for that matter? Very hard to draw crowds at this time of year when you're playing badly, and I don't think anyone has a magic formula to change that.

Sumac
15/07/2008, 3:23 PM
Presuming no one has any idea when Derry game is on?

Trainee
15/07/2008, 4:31 PM
Presuming no one has any idea when Derry game is on?

no date set yet but its due to be played on the first week of august

Mr A
15/07/2008, 4:33 PM
Probably on the bank holiday Monday then.......

Mr Maroon
15/07/2008, 4:44 PM
no date set yet but its due to be played on the first week of august
:( I don't think I'll be able to go.

Gaillimh Al
15/07/2008, 5:33 PM
Date just announced there:

Tuesday 26th August 7.45pm. Extra time and penalties if necessary.

Other semi on the day before.

Mr Maroon
15/07/2008, 5:37 PM

I will be able to go. Excellent. :)

WoodquayBoy
15/07/2008, 5:51 PM
What genius picked this date? It is the same night Connacht take on the Queensland Reds in the Sportsgrounds in a high-profile friendly, which has a 7.30pm kick-off. Yes, it is only a friendly, but given the quality of opposition, it will prove a huge draw. Given John Fallon's links to Connacht rugby, would it have asked too much for a bit of prior consultaiton and discussion and fixed our semi-final for the night before? It is not rocket science

eamo1
15/07/2008, 6:25 PM
It is a semi-final,so every bandwagon jumping barstooler in Galway will be there that night.So i think we will get between 2-2,500 at it.Its the same old story really,i will be one of only a few hundred Galway fans in Thurles on Saturday but i guarentee if we win there will be thousands at the Quarter Final.
Thats poor to have it on same night as the rugby but because this is a cup competition i doubt Fallon or anyone could have done anything about it.Maybe could have pushed to have it the following night though.

gordongekko
15/07/2008, 6:44 PM
,i will be one of only a few hundred Galway fans in Thurles on Saturday but i guarentee if we win there will be thousands at the Quarter Final.

You are conning youself if you think there will only be a few hundred from Galway at this game but i understand your point the Galway support are sunshine supporters.

gg

Paddyfield
15/07/2008, 7:30 PM
What genius picked this date? It is the same night Connacht take on the Queensland Reds in the Sportsgrounds in a high-profile friendly, which has a 7.30pm kick-off. Yes, it is only a friendly, but given the quality of opposition, it will prove a huge draw. Given John Fallon's links to Connacht rugby, would it have asked too much for a bit of prior consultaiton and discussion and fixed our semi-final for the night before? It is not rocket science

Bummer. If we don't start winning League games soon, then I'd only expect 800 to 1000 at this game.

gilberto_eire
15/07/2008, 10:13 PM
It is a semi-final,so every bandwagon jumping barstooler in Galway will be there that night.So i think we will get between 2-2,500 at it.Its the same old story really,i will be one of only a few hundred Galway fans in Thurles on Saturday but i guarentee if we win there will be thousands at the Quarter Final.
Thats poor to have it on same night as the rugby but because this is a cup competition i doubt Fallon or anyone could have done anything about it.Maybe could have pushed to have it the following night though.

Hey you can leave me out of that anyway, i'm out of the country for a week from Thurs, Uncle had me a ticket and all :mad:

GuisaSaigon
16/07/2008, 9:38 AM

Nick Leeson was just on GBFM saying the date hasn't been set yet and that there are "shenanigans" going on about it.

GUISAUltra
16/07/2008, 12:39 PM
Its the same old story really,i will be one of only a few hundred Galway fans in Thurles on Saturday but i guarentee if we win there will be thousands at the Quarter Final.

i'll be there in thurles!

Mr Maroon
16/07/2008, 4:00 PM
Nick Leeson was just on GBFM saying the date hasn't been set yet and that there are "shenanigans" going on about it.
What do you think he means by "shenanigans"?

Paddyfield
16/07/2008, 5:17 PM
I met Nick Leeson today. He said that no date has been set for the game but it seems unlikely that it will be the last week of August because Derry are hoping to have a friendly against Celtic.

The date most likely is the August Bank Holiday Monday (even though that isn't a Bank Holiday in Derry).

Conor H
16/07/2008, 8:11 PM
Cant wait!
My first 2 games back are Derry at home!:D

Paddyfield
16/07/2008, 9:31 PM
Cant wait!
My first 2 games back are Derry at home!:D

Where are you?

Terry
16/07/2008, 9:41 PM
Where are you?

hes over in canada

Conor H
16/07/2008, 9:56 PM
Not for much longer.Home in 6 days.
No more errortel or emails for match reports,thank chryst!:p

GuisaSaigon
17/07/2008, 9:12 AM
What do you think he means by "shenanigans"?

From wickepedia:

A shenanigan is a deceitful confidence trick, or mischief causing discomfort or annoyance. The term is usually used in the plural, shenanigans.
Or he might have been on about an Irish Pub in South Boston!

galwayhoop
17/07/2008, 9:56 AM
Hey you can leave me out of that anyway, i'm out of the country for a week from Thurs, Uncle had me a ticket and all :mad:

is it not cash at the gate???? :confused: thats what they said yesterday on the radio

GUISAUltra
17/07/2008, 1:36 PM
its both. you can still buy tickets in advance but they will be on sale in semple stadium as well

Gaillimh Al
17/07/2008, 6:45 PM
This game has been refixed for Monday the 4th of August at 7.45 pm

Mr Maroon
17/07/2008, 8:27 PM
From wickepedia:

Or he might have been on about an Irish Pub in South Boston!
:rolleyes: Thanks Saigon. That wasn't quite what I meant though.

corbyeire
22/07/2008, 4:01 PM
This game has been refixed for Monday the 4th of August at 7.45 pm

great way to finish off a bank holiday weekend

eamo1
22/07/2008, 9:50 PM
I know we have a couple before this one but i cant wait.Derry will bring quite a few i think and there should be 2,000+ barstoolers from here at it too so hopefully will be great atmosphere.

Paddyfield
22/07/2008, 10:39 PM
I know we have a couple before this one but i cant wait.Derry will bring quite a few i think and there should be 2,000+ barstoolers from here at it too so hopefully will be great atmosphere.

It's not a Bank Holiday up north AFAIK so this may restrict fans travelling from Derry. Nevertheless, they always bring a sizable following. Derry (and Cork) have the best fans in Ireland.

corbyeire
23/07/2008, 9:11 AM
id say 3500 would be a great crowd for it - a lot of barstoolers wont even know its a league cup semi final or care for that matter

Candystripe
25/07/2008, 11:37 PM
It's not a Bank Holiday up north AFAIK so this may restrict fans travelling from Derry. Nevertheless, they always bring a sizable following. Derry (and Cork) have the best fans in Ireland.

It's actually an un-official bank holiday in Derry.

The way we are playing we should bring a decent crowd. I missed tonight but down overnight for this game.

Terry
26/07/2008, 9:04 AM
was talking to a gang of lads after the match and they all said they were coming back down for the semi too before they jumped back into their mini bus, man I never seen lads so out of it in my life ! especially the guy with his face painted red and white :)

Paddyfield
26/07/2008, 7:54 PM
was talking to a gang of lads after the match and they all said they were coming back down for the semi too before they jumped back into their mini bus, man I never seen lads so out of it in my life ! especially the guy with his face painted red and white :)

I had a great chat with a Derry fan who had to be at work on Saturday morning at 7am in BELFAST eventhough he lives in Derry.