PDA

View Full Version : Queiroz takes Portugal job

rambler14
11/07/2008, 8:06 PM
Brian McClair, Mick Phelan and Eric Cantona have been linked with the role left vacant by Queiroz at Old Trafford.

I'd personally love to see Cantona get it. I think he'd bring a new passion to the job that would only benefit the players.

superfrank
11/07/2008, 8:11 PM
Last time Queiroz left, he was replaced by Walter Smith and Man U finished third in the league.

rambler14
11/07/2008, 8:20 PM
Last time Queiroz left, he was replaced by Walter Smith and Man U finished third in the league.

and won the FA Cup!

superfrank
11/07/2008, 8:21 PM
Don't think Alex cares as much bout the cup.

ramsfan
11/07/2008, 9:11 PM
laurent blanc will get position, i think mcclair is doing too important a job with academy that they wont change him

superfrank
11/07/2008, 9:26 PM
Don't think Blanc will leave Bordeaux. They came very close to ending Lyon's run and he seems like someone who'll want to build on that.

tetsujin1979
11/07/2008, 10:42 PM
Has Cantona any coaching experience, apart from coaching kids as part of his community service?
McClair is coaching the reserves side, where his son plays in midfield, so I don't think it'll be him

rambler14
11/07/2008, 10:56 PM
Has Cantona any coaching experience, apart from coaching kids as part of his community service?
McClair is coaching the reserves side, where his son plays in midfield, so I don't think it'll be him

Cantona manages the French beach football team and AFAIK he has every coaching badge possible.

McClair is overwhelming favourite though!

jmurphyc
12/07/2008, 1:35 AM

I can't see Cantona getting it. If he did, I think it would be disastrous for Utd. His ego would get the better of him and he'd be incompatible with Ferguson IMO.

seanfhear
12/07/2008, 9:42 AM
This will be a big test for alex ferguson.Will a man with by his own admission not that long until retirement want the hassle of trying to repeat his recent sucess`s break in a new number 2 coupled with the potential[probable]loss of ronaldo.Though personally i believe that mtd will march on without ronaldo.On the other hand if you were fergusons family would you want him at home giving you the hairdryer treatment.

superfrank
12/07/2008, 11:48 AM
His ego would get the better of him and he'd be incompatible with Ferguson IMO.
Definitely. You can just imagine the fireworks if they disagreed over something.

DmanDmythDledge
13/07/2008, 10:35 PM
Cantona manages the French beach football team and AFAIK he has every coaching badge possible.

McClair is overwhelming favourite though!
So he has the UEFA Pro License? He has no coaching badges at all, stop pulling stuff out of you arse.

Blanc would be a very good appointment but I highly doubt he would leave Bordeaux. Mike Phelan has the position temporarily at the moment as he was next in line after Queiroz. Him and René Meulensteen are more likely candidates than McClair.

I doubt that will make a difference though as Fergie usually seems to go for someone outside of the club.

rambler14
13/07/2008, 10:49 PM
So he has the UEFA Pro License? He has no coaching badges at all, stop pulling stuff out of you arse.

I tried that before and it hurt like hell!

René Meulensteen is a good shout though. Fergie holds him in very high regard.