PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon Out!

Shelsman
30/08/2003, 8:33 PM
Fenlon Out!

Matthews or McGeough in!!!

Slash/ED
30/08/2003, 8:41 PM
I'm starting to agree to be honest, the recent preformances have been poor and he got it wrong in a big way in both ties, we should have be in the next round of the UEFA cup and FAI cup for that matter. Also I see we've signed Jamie Harris apparently, just what's the thinking behind that?

I've heard Ronnie Whelan be suggested, I wouldn't mind seing that after what he done with a Cyrpriot team in Europe that included Gary Haylock I'd like to see what he could do with Shels.

Ref
30/08/2003, 10:06 PM
top of the league.

fenlon out?????

what more does the man have to do?

you got knocked out of the UEFA Cup by a Cypriot team. so bloody what. you don't see Newcastle fans looking for Bobby Robsons head.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

of course i'm mad because you want fenlon out and not because you're top of the league. :)

Slash/ED
30/08/2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Ref
top of the league.

fenlon out?????

you got knocked out of the UEFA Cup by a Cypriot team. so bloody what. you don't see Newcastle fans looking for Bobby Robsons head.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

of course i'm mad because you want fenlon out and not because you're top of the league. :)

But we're not top, it was a Slovenian team and some Newcastle fans DO want Robby Robson out.

I can't see Shelbourne winning the league with the football their playing, given the players Shelbourne has it has been very poor and there's been some less then convincing results, if the rest of the league weren't so inconsistent Shelbourne wouldn't have been top, if one team puts a run together then Shelbourne will be in trouble for not taking advantage of the situation they found themselves in.

De Town
31/08/2003, 10:38 AM
Shelsman, youse can have McGeough but your not taking Matthews.

Shelsman
01/09/2003, 9:35 PM
Originally posted by Ref
top of the league.

fenlon out?????

TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Yes but you've failed to take three vital things into account:

1) Newcastle don't have one of the two best squads in their league.

2) Bohs and other clubs have a number of games in hand.

3) Fenlon made a B*lls of it in Europe last year too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try and look at the bigger picture. Ok, if it was Cork then the Corkies would mostly be happy ( if that's possible ;) ) with being top of the league. Shels are in the top two every year. If Bohs and even Rovers can progress in Europe ( and Pats last year ) it's not too unreasonable to expect Shels to get past a Maltese and Slovenian outfit!!!:mad:

Ref
02/09/2003, 11:30 AM
But we're not top,
1 point off the top with three games in hand, same thing.

Originally posted by Shelsman
Yes but you've failed to take three vital things into account:

1) Newcastle don't have one of the two best squads in their league.

2) Bohs and other clubs have a number of games in hand.

3) Fenlon made a B*lls of it in Europe last year too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try and look at the bigger picture. Ok, if it was Cork then the Corkies would mostly be happy ( if that's possible ;) ) with being top of the league. Shels are in the top two every year. If Bohs and even Rovers can progress in Europe ( and Pats last year ) it's not too unreasonable to expect Shels to get past a Maltese and Slovenian outfit!!!:mad:

1) and shels do? newcastle have spent huge amounts of money they're expected to progress.

2) well according to the league table (http://www.a2zsoccer.com/results/index.cfm?fuseaction=showsummary&hostorg_id=77996&season_id=78014&divn_id=78083&league_id=78008&legtyp_id=78002&agediv_id=78026) they don't. you're level on games with bohs and have games on hand with every other team.

3) c'mon it's Europe. how far has an Irish team ever got? not very far.

top of the league. fenlon out?

watching too much Real Madrid.

Éanna
02/09/2003, 11:04 PM
if i was a shels fan I'd want rid of him. They have a good squad but they're playing awful football, there's no discipline (players manhandling refs etc), the crowds haven't improved and his european results are atrocious. Hope he stays :)

Colm
02/09/2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
there's no discipline (players manhandling refs etc)

What do you expect when they've got a 'convict chairman'!:eek: :)

Shelsman
03/09/2003, 9:43 PM
Originally posted by Ref
1) and shels do? newcastle have spent huge amounts of money they're expected to progress.

Newcastle haven't spent as much as other Premier League clubs. The Newcastle squad is nothing compared to Man Utds or Arsenals, only one Newcastle player would be certain of starting in the Arsenal or Man Utd team. When was the last time Newcastle won the league of FA Cup? When was the last time Shels won the League or FAI Cup? There's no comparison. Besides, Newcastle are still in Europe!!!

Originally posted by Ref
2) well according to the league table (http://www.a2zsoccer.com/results/index.cfm?fuseaction=showsummary&hostorg_id=77996&season_id=78014&divn_id=78083&league_id=78008&legtyp_id=78002&agediv_id=78026) they don't. you're level on games with bohs and have games on hand with every other team.

Matches have been played since the original message was posted!!!

Originally posted by Ref
3) c'mon it's Europe. how far has an Irish team ever got? not very far..
Not very far, but seeing as all the other big Dublin clubs have managed to progress rounds recently and when you look at the squad and facilities Shels have, is it too much to expect Shels to progress at least one round? With your attitude you'd have to ask why bother turning up for the match at all? Sure just give the Slovenians a walk over!

liamon
04/09/2003, 8:54 AM
A couple of bad games and you're screaming for the manager to get sacked? Every club goes through a dodgy patch every season. The thing to do is get through it and carry on. Shels are still very well placed to win the league.
Calm down.

The time to get angry is when CCFC grab the league title from your grasp on the last day of the season.

Bluebeard
04/09/2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by DE TOWN
Shelsman, youse can have McGeough but your not taking Matthews.

Sorry Shelsman, we're kind of partial to McGeough. McCue is free at the moment though.

Macy
18/09/2003, 8:12 AM
Matthews won't go full time (thats why there was some debate about him getting the Town job)..... Want him or not, don't see oily shelling ( :) ) out for full time players with a part time manager.....

Bluebeard
18/09/2003, 1:30 PM
Roddy Collins would probably fancy a crack at the old management again too, having further honed his tactical skills at Carlisle. Is there space for a boxing ring under the new stand?:D :D

dunner74
18/09/2003, 5:22 PM
Would hate to see Roddy get the shels job. As far as I am concerned though, fenlon is doing a good job so no need to change.

ccfcman
20/09/2003, 10:54 AM
does he have to jump through flaming hoops as well as run away w/ the league?
:ball: :ball: :ball: