PDA

View Full Version : Message for Administrator of board...

RedX
30/08/2003, 7:42 PM
I have never posted before to ask for messages to be deleted but there is a guy called "hayser" posting as a St Pats fan and he has twice mentioned on here personal storys about Cork City FC player Kevin Doyle.I think it is a disgrace someone can go so low.I am sure that you would have spot this yourself but just in case i said i would leave this message here.This is a football forum and i dont think Kevin Doyle or in fact any of us would like to log on and see storys about there private lives on a Cork City FC site..it was mentioned in the thread "Funny thing happened last night"...cheers..

dahamsta
30/08/2003, 8:03 PM
I see the post in that thread I don't see anything particularly noxious about it. It's not very clever or funny, but it's hardly defamatory. That said:

Hayset, stop acting the eejit.

adam

RedX
30/08/2003, 8:10 PM
noxious???..hardly defamatory??..its about a guys private life.Isnt this a football message board??.Well if you let guys talk that drivel about our players i certainly hope those players certainly dont decide to log on.If it was about my wife hayser would be no more..

Red X

dahamsta
30/08/2003, 9:06 PM
If we delete stuff we're fascists, if we don't we get threatened with legal action. What fun.

adam

wws
30/08/2003, 9:12 PM
hayser delete the fckn post ureself
i know the background to it so it doesnt offend me
but its not appropriate

dahamsta
30/08/2003, 9:14 PM
There, I've split the thread, edited his post and warned him (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&postid=73660#post73660). Happy now?

adam

Dr.Nightdub
30/08/2003, 9:26 PM
Actually, the original reference was in a post I made. I've edited it out, on reflection it's not really relevant now that the game is history.

Within reason, personal abuse or wind-ups of opposition players is fair game in my book, if it distracts them or puts them off their game, so much the better.

What's bang out of order in most people's book is racist abuse or stuff like references to Tony O'Dowd's brother.

Personal relationships, criminal records, weight problems, sexual or narcotic peccadilloes, hair loss or simple downright ugliness are all legitimate targets though. :D

dahamsta
30/08/2003, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
Personal relationships, criminal records, weight problems, sexual or narcotic peccadilloes, hair loss or simple downright ugliness are all legitimate targets though.Define "peccadillo"? :)

adam

Ref
30/08/2003, 9:48 PM
Definition: \Pec`ca*dil"lo\, n.; pl. {Peccadillos}. [Sp.
pecadillo, dim. of pecado a sin, fr. L. peccatum. See
{Peccant}.]

A slight trespass or offense; a petty crime or fault. --Sir
W. Scott.

:)